Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default So the Hero Class, the First Advance Class, Just How Much More Powerful is it?

Ever since I came back to this game, it's been Hero this and Hero that, overpowered this, overpowered that. As someone who's capped that class to level 80, I can agree, playing with this class was a walk in the park, but just how much more powerful is it compared to the average main + sub class? Couple of updates ago, we got a 5% boost skill for every normal class, so that's a 10% combined, do you feel that this made it more fair? If not, how much more of a boost in terms of percentage damage to you think that regular classes should get?

I'm still using 10* units on one of my normal class alts and I don't feel particularly underpowered, it was kind of nice playing through Ultimate Nab for compounds the other day. As things stand right now, the class tier list doesn't matter to me. 12 people means thing die instantly more or less. I don't see a need to buff anything really. I find Fo fun to play, so I'll just stick with it. Between Ilzonde, compounds, and Ilgrants/Ragrants I don't feel like I'm inferior to Hero by any significant amount anyway.

Well I've said that already but it's not damage point difference between old classes and Hero. Old classes need smoother gameplay, each melee weapon should get same level gape closer, Attack and PA increased hitboxes, smoother and faster PA activation and execution without that nasty after-PAs delay.

It's hard to tell tbh. Most clear speed Record holders still either haven't got the level cap to 85/85 or haven't managed to beat their best time but one thing is for sure: Fo/Te is super powerful now. Can't wait for the new Compounds to make it even stronger.

Here are some Solo PD times I got from YT:
    Best Fo/Te (3:42)
    Best Fi/Hu (4:01) (Pre-Level 85)
    Best Hr (3:49)

Every other class sits at around 4:12~4:40 with Te and Su being the exceptions

Obviously every class performs differently in different environments but imo solo Raid bosses (that are meant to be beaten solo) like PD are the fairest to measure it. There are still some buffs waiting on the regular classes, judging by the survey results. Te/Hu will definitely see a spike in DPS with the Wand PA, finally being able to prepare a powerful attack when the enemy weakpoint is out of reach. Su is a unpopular class but if played correctly it can dish out stupid amount of damage. Now that Rykros is easy to access I'd love to see some of the Incredible Su players return. The best Su run is still from back when Maron Chains were broken (4 minutes flat).

Edit: Also I fully agree with Zulastar

Hero barely have any downtime in almost any situation (arguably all situations in all places), and that's what it is always been so far. Weapon like Demonia is crucial to quickly close one of its weaknesses (Hero boost reset or slow power increase rate early game), makes them even more reliable when they have it.

Standard classes are still updated in a good way, cause even if you add more damage, they are still stuck with their own limitations. So nothing is overwritten (either Hero or other classes) at least in my book.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 23, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Brightness isn't the best mobbing option anymore
    Well at this stupid Buster Limit back then there was prue classes AoE test. I still used a parcer back then and there were clear difference between Brightness End spam and other AoE patterns of other classes except of Zondeel packs. And final numbers was about 2 times like 10M vs 2-5M by other classes at the end of one run.

Well about AoE this Easter EQ can be used as a test too even without a parcer. Just notice when you get DB bar filled without a booster weapons for it. Just pure DPS.
    Last edited by Zulastar; May 23, 2018 at 08:36 PM.

a lot of people in this thread focus on hero's damage too much rather than the passive boosts to DPS the class gets from all the quality of life skills and features that are bundled with the class.

also

"smoothness and mobility" shouldn't be a selling point for a class in an action oriented MMORPG. that should be the de factor default for ALL the classes because saying it's a class specific feature implies that the rest ot the classes have mobility issues and are clunky, which relative to hero; they very much are and thats why we're getting charms for Air Reversal and Step Jump, as well as Double Jump and First Blood.

The latter two should not be class specific skills and the prior two should have been universal skills/functions and not rings lol. You want your action game to be universally smooth and fun to play. i dont get anyone suggestion or motioning to the idea that the feeling of playing hero should be hero exclusive.
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 24, 2018 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    a lot of people in this thread focus on hero's damage too much rather than
    I believe the ease of use is the best aspect of hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    I believe the ease of use is the best aspect of hero.
    yeah you're right but almost everytime hero's balance is brought up so is its damage output and damage output relative to its ease of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Hence why the state of balance between classes is pretty good atm (balance to content is another problem xD). I think Hero has finally settled in what was its initial purpose : a class that is good at everything, but can't beat more limited/specialized classes at what they do, which is how it should have been from the start.
    Agreed.

I also agree that Hero shouldn't be compared to other "standard" classes (that with current balances can be referred as "specialized" classes), as Hero is an "advanced' class that should be compared to probably other "specialized advanced" class than these standard classes, which makes the balances seems awkward regardless of how okay they are compare to Hero. Although it's pretty much just about the inconsistent terms. But the requirements to get it pretty much make it as if they should be a different level of a class, not equal.

If only I knew they would balance it this way, I wish they didn't call it "advanced" classes but just a class addition just like Fighter, Gunner, and Techer before, even though they did add a requirement to get these classes. Now my mind is stuck with expecting more advance classes to override the standard classes instead of as additions.