Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MidiPour View Post
    The chronological mirage was such a tease in the beginning, and I got my hopes up that it would be a mobile experience I’d be on board with. There’s nearly nothing here celebrating Phantasy Star’s legacy besides the enemies. The characters look as though they were taken directly from another scrapped anime, and look generic. I don’t understand why Sega’s management has been so incompetent, it’s clear they know how to chase profit margins while ignoring what previously made their brand successful.
    Perhaps the reason is because Sega lacks faith that there is an actual audience. They've deprived western fans of so much content in all the online titles. It could be some negligence on the team's side with the content that often lagged behind the JP version or outright didn't even include in PSO and PSU that bringing over PSO2 just didn't seem profitable in the long term. They could look at gaijin ship 2 and see how many people have played despite the hurdles of the language barrier, but besides that hub, the rest are mostly relegated to a single ships and a small population spread out elsewhere.

Sega has been in a rut for awhile. Granted all businesses want to make money, but I think if they satisfy the fans and appriciate their customers, they could potentially profit more. As I said, this is a good time to be a Sonic fan. And I'm sure we all know about the dark age his series went thru. We need more people like Christian Whitehead that get their foot in the door doing simple ports and eventually work their way up to Mania status. He tugged at my feels from an interview he did recently following Plus' release in which he said his team often joked about the potential for toying with a Burning Rangers concept. After seeing what he had managed to accomplish, I could trust him with something like that. Their team needs to open the doors for new blood to bring in fresh ideas. Like, for real.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

reminds me of phantasy star eternal hunters and eternal planets
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

They should've either used the Shining IP for this. If they have such a hardon for medieval high fantasy perhaps make a Shining mobage and a Shining MMO instead of leaking it into PSO2 and creating this?

Alternatively make it a sci-fi game about a solar system with 3 planets and have neon haired space elves in black leotards using claw weapons, a blue-haired mage guy and a heroine throwing laser boomerangs. That'd be a Phantasy Star.

I don't get the cheap looking sprites that look like stick puppets either. They have the Virtua Fighter franchise, they have a bunch of games using 3D engines, PSO2 included, which they know inside out and have character bones and animations all sorted. If they wanted a 2D look just recycle the engine, use cel shading but keep the animations so that they don't look cheap.

Star Ocean Anamnesis and Honkai Impact 3 were my expectations in comparison. They both have 2D illustrations and 3D models of the characters and real-time 3D combat. I expected too much.

Well hopefully this game works well and gives a better hope for PSO3.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Well hopefully this game works well and gives a better hope for PSO3.
    If a cheap gacha game works well, they will produce more cheap gacha games.

Edit: speculation time: Vandoll is ancient Ragol. There I said it!
    Last edited by landman; Jul 24, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    And now they've announced that Quna's class is a special, rare class...

Wait for it...

Bard
    I'm looking forward to watching that movie again, RIP guitar guy

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    It's a sign ! Next class in PSO2 is going to be bard!
    #Joke
    the problem is in the interviews they said theyre going to get rid of the "Advanced Class" category and just have Hero and future classes bunched in as normal class so despite what it may be, this could be a teaser to a new future class but at the same time it's just wishful thinking. just saiyan man

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

If it's not coming to the west I ain't interested. Not gonna risk jacking up my phone to get my "modern" Phantasy Star fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I don't get the cheap looking sprites that look like stick puppets either. They have the Virtua Fighter franchise, they have a bunch of games using 3D engines, PSO2 included, which they know inside out and have character bones and animations all sorted. If they wanted a 2D look just recycle the engine, use cel shading but keep the animations so that they don't look cheap.
    but grand diarrhea became the biggest hit in the kusoge world by throwing together a couple shitty layers and calling the resulting mannequin a "servant". The sheep pay thousands of dollars for a tiny chance at receiving one of these rarities. The only things this doesn't have that the other does are timing and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    If it's not coming to the west I ain't interested. Not gonna risk jacking up my phone to get my "modern" Phantasy Star fix.
    You're not jacking up your phone unless you blindly install apps from some dodgy chinese website.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    speculation time: Vandoll is ancient Ragol. There I said it!
    I thought the same thing when I saw that Vandoll has two moons in its sky.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.