Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    From what I've read, it's definitely still a lucrative business and the Switch version has loads of downloads but not as much activity as those downloads would suggest. Haven't looked too much into the nuances of the Hero class and the newest episodes but I'll take your word for it.

Reading more about this game got me hype for deep lore, but the cash grab will most definitely be intense. They're already throwing out bucket loads of currency gems for preregistration. Love the prospect of a new RPG! Hate the greediness of their business models. Sure would be nice if our fandom could get a Christian Whitehead dev.
    the Switch was a good idea but realistically i thought Cloud wasnt the way to go and Cartridge would have been better but i still have the idea that this is them testing the waters and seeing what their team can do seeing as theyre still going to improve on it instead of giving up or w/e. the game itself isnt dead by any means again, JP hours or Eng, Blocks still fine either a bunch or at least a couple full for EQ's (as usual)

100SG's is not a lot, easily spent on one SG scratch turn or used for monthly SG storage. even if the game turns Gacha (which i dont doubt by any means but I like to give that benefitted doubt), as other games, you DONT have to invest money into it unless you want to which is the players choice to be smart or just irresponsible (its your money so do w/e) with their money so they can complain about spending $1,000 or more and then whining about rates etc but idk cant say until its in full swing unless its like $9.99 for the game and it doesnt have a Gacha

Even if they threw in UwbaaaKireek and SEED infected Lou on the gacha, I still don't see the "phantasy" on the main cast. Looks like some random mobile game they put a known name to grab extra interest. Honestly, I hope the gacha is mostly shameless and generic designs like PSO2es cards so I don't even need to touch this with a stick.

Edit: is this provably the first Phantasy Star game with no firearms or technology in general at all?
    Last edited by landman; Jul 24, 2018 at 02:14 AM.

this seems like the direction for all japanese games now, couple years from now all there will be is clones of that kusoge. Can't blame them since they make 10000000000x the profit for 0.00000000000001x the effort out of twitter sheep. Wonder what direction "games" will take after this fad dies out.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Edit: is this provably the first Phantasy Star game with no firearms or technology in general at all?
    There is a mag-like thing floating behind one of the characters, so it is possible that they just haven't shown the full extent of what technology is there and/or discovering it will be a plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    EHonestly, I hope the gacha is mostly shameless and generic designs like PSO2es cards so I don't even need to touch this with a stick.
    From an objective point of view, this isn't different than the deck cards with pin up girls. It's the same thing, just evolved.

Anyone else notice that four elements appear at the top left in battle screen? Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth.

At least we got a new Quna artwork, that's always welcome.

And yeah I honestly don't know what Sega expects us to do. It was clear from the moment the website was online for the countdown that it's gonna be a money making machine and not a celebration of 30 years Phantasy Star. I'm pretty sure the tiny content update in PSO2 at the end of the year will be a better celebration of the Franchise than this is. That's besides that I couldn't tell this game was supposed to be a Phantasy Star game until someone mumbled the words "Dark Falz". What's up with Sega lately and their hard on not doing Scifi stuff in this Scifi franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    I'll stick to Dx2 :feelsbadman:
    Just installed it, I can't believe both games are made by Sega, it's obvious some guy at atlus cares about the quality of their franchise, while no one at sega does.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    the Switch version has loads of downloads but not as much activity as those downloads would suggest.
    I assume, most people who downloaded it are active PC/PS4 players, and they did it only so they could get that Link costume. It also didn't help that the launch was plagued with connectivity issues (yes, for JP players) and that servers have constantly been full so players had been put in a queue. Oh, and also 30 FPS (but it seems like they're going to address that).

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    At least we got a new Quna artwork, that's always welcome.
    tfw no guitar weapon type