Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Sega did say in their interview that HR and DB were the main problems basically for everything in Ep5
    If it takes a problem for them to fix old classes then I want them to have more problems.

EDIT: To clarify my feelings about Hr, I don't believe it actually CAUSED problems as much as it highlighted existing ones in regards to how the game feels. Even before Hr came out I felt the game was a bit clunky. They were doing things to improve that like the mobility rings and PAs, but then Hr came out and basically proved they could, and wanted to, do better in that regard.

I have no defense for DB, I just think it's an inoffensive fun toy, and doesn't really do much to actual game balance where it matters.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 26, 2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    If it takes a problem for them to fix old classes then I want them to have more problems.
    problem that cost them a sizable part of the playerbase and made them change course and apologize for months on end*

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    problem that cost them a sizable part of the playerbase and made them change course and apologize for months on end*
    It's clearly a mistake they're trying to learn from though, which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Do people really hate DB that much?

Actually I'm more curious WHY people hate DB so much, it's just AIS again.
    Responding late, but my reasons for not liking dark blast includes:

-unneeded power. Did we really NEED it for current content? Of course not. But here's an EQ that MAKES us use it.
    -I just don't like the concept of turning into a falz. I'd rather stick to piloting an AIS when a quest calls for some riding/flying/enemies everywhere moments. I'd rather see a few gundams, or whatever other flying pew-pew vehicle over a half-dozen multicolored falzes that are supposed to be players on screen.

MAYBE I'd find apprentice fun? I unno. I just generally prefer playing the class I chose at the class counter over going falz (Hr is just THAT fun for me). I had far more anticipation for class changes and more PAs than dark blast when they first shown off elder. My actual first reaction was literally "why though?".
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 26, 2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    -unneeded power. Did we really NEED it for current content? Of course not. But here's an EQ that MAKES us use it.
    You could say that about a lot of things in the game though. It just doesn't feel like that big of a deal of a single part of an EQ. I think it could stand to be shorter, but that's just because it's a boring fight compared to magatsu and yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    -I just don't like the concept of turning into a falz. I'd rather stick to piloting an AIS when a quest calls for some riding/flying/enemies everywhere moments. I'd rather see a few gundams, or whatever other flying pew-pew vehicle over a half-dozen multicolored falzes that are supposed to be players on screen.
    If this was a game that treated its multiplayer content as 100% canon I'd agree, but it doesn't. I like it thematically since it makes sense as a thing our character would be able to do given the context.

That said, if it was just different types of AIS I wouldn't mind, it's the mechanics I like more than the story implications. We could be turning into giant purple spheres and I'd still like it. I like super modes.

they should make a better final phase that make player feel like they use their class fighting a big bad boss not this bullying a poor creature

I miss AIS
    Using it in Bonus quest just doesnt give the same feeling as using it in EQ lol
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    they should make a better final phase that make player feel like they use their class fighting a big bad boss not this bullying a poor creature
    I actually really love how this part pans out, but it would have been better with an on-foot part before it. It has such a unique feeling of squishing a damn bug after it bit you....except the part before doesn't bite at all,so the climax loses of its intensity. Still overall like this EQ, it fails in some aspects, but you can really see they tried to be original, add new mechanics, approach fights in a different way. It's so refreshing after god knows how many normal raids and seasonals. So if anything it makes eager for the future, hope they don't ditch trying to be original because this one EQ is poorly received.

We have to acknowledge that the reason the Flying part is "trivial" is because we do not have on-demand healing. If each player or the whole mpa had limited amount of respawns, the failure rate would be significantly worse than the first week of Crimson Dragon's rematch.

And I think it's time for Sega to implement rewards based on personal performance, and not on outcome. You die once? Rank A instead of S. You die 5 times? Rank B. You die more than 10 times? Rank C. And then give Rank C +0% RDR boost for rewards, Rank B +10%, Rank A +25% and Rank S +50%.

Of course that would have to be balanced to avoid cases where groups break down because there is no TE in the group who likes to spam Resta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I actually really love how this part pans out, but it would have been better with an on-foot part before it. It has such a unique feeling of squishing a damn bug after it bit you....except the part before doesn't bite at all.
    yeah if it has a real battle before this phase i would gladly to squishing her or make a rank on death count in luther phase then the final phase will become a fuck you apprentice thanks for take away my S rank with your bullshit beam