Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Poor fighting mechanics
    I can get people not liking MH's core gameplay loop being "fight the monsters", but I'd really like you to elaborate on that.

I watched some MHW feedbacks on youtube... Poor fighting mechanics, only boring grinding orders, no leveling except weapons... well I think it's a piece of shit.
    have you even played the game? because the only thing i can agree on in this game is that its super casualized in a sense that hunting solo is faster than farming in groups because of the poor scaling in this game. I would take a 5min fight over one that would take 15-20mins along with people carting over and over.

I need to know if youre just sh**posting or not man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    have you even played the game?
    I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
    I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jul 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

I don't play a thing besides PSO2 due to lack of free time and find useless to invest efforts in offline games.
    I just watch reviews and gameplay videos of various games catched my eye, but if I was - there are much things better to play than THIS in 2018. MHW is SUPER primitive and boring IMHO.

PS: I almost forgot the main point - it's cost. I definitely will not spend money on the game with a such quality.
    Well if actually had played the game you'd know how foolish you sound. Monster Hunter games are mechanically tight games where each fight is a boss fight. It doesn't feature a leveling system but that only gets in the way of enjoying the game and everyone knows that which is why you won't find any hunting games with a experience bar. Your character grows stronger depending on the gear you crafted from the remains of the enemies. to access higher difficulties you need better gear and so on. Every frame of these games count. You can pull of some incredible stunts if you are an expert in the weapon of your choice. I remember back in EP2 people were begging Sega to take notes from Monster Hunter because back then there was no Limit break and monster hunter already had self status inflicting items. Traps and Bombs were always useful in these games and it only took Sega till recently with the level 85 cap to make Rangers give a shit about those. Monster Hunter games are some of the best games you can get on any system they're available on. They're incredibly fun to play both solo and with a multiplayer group. Japan isn't insane about the series for no reason.

you're starting to become great pan tier with your posts dude, if you haven't tried the game then people aren't going to take you serious. oh my favorite streamer/youtuber thought it was crap, therefore i have the same mindset. Come on dude, stop being apart of the problem

even I logged a couple hundred hours into this game, which is why I said what I thought about hunting solo versus with people. I honestly dropped the game because I'm waiting for G rank because theres no point in grinding the end game materials to augment gear when its super obvious that when G rank gear hits, much rarer and higher materials will be required to Augment THAT gear thus creating a longer grind. I literally got everything I wanted and stopped playing now to pick up the PC release and wait a tiny bit longer on G ranks release because they won't add that right away with an influx of new players coming in (I could be wrong though).

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    Casual reminder that part of PSO2's initial design process was actually consulting with the Monster Hunter development team after the PSP series for tips on how to design PSO2 and make it more engaging as an action game.
    you have a source for this? Im genuiely curious about how much they went into all this
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 30, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

you have a source for this? Im genuiely curious about how much they went into all this
    I'll have to dig it up but I do remember an interview about PSO2 where they described consulting the current MH team at the time (circa 2011) for some feedback re: PSP and the upcoming PSO2.

you're starting to become great pan tier with your posts dude
    I just don't hesitate to say off my opinion and name facts with their real names. And there always will be people with totally opposite view points. I won't argue 'cause it's impossible to change even a coprophile's point of view...

When I watch a gameplay video on youtube I see what kind of a gameplay it provides whithout a streamer words. Clicking, charging and dodging whith no differents where you'll land your attacks - primitivest HnS gameplay that I found boring. I want break bones and tear off limbs and tails in 2018 games, not only clickin' enemies to death.

Well enough with offtop here. I just FINISHED this scratch and have a whole week to save money for the next one. Yahoo!

HOW DARE YOU TALK SHIT OF MY GOD-TIER GAME!?
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

i won't judge the game i haven't played yet. but maintaining something like adding extra frames to everything to the level making it clunky and overeacted in 2018 is the most thing i'm not impressed in it. they can excite their die-hard fans by maintaining those things (uh original, uh unique), but not ones who were not interested in it in the first place or newcomers. i'm happy that sega has done something better than that with pso2. i still remember the first days in pso2 when noob party of 4 got wiped out by a caterdran because sword was too fuckign slow. but look at pso2 now, all classes are flying over the maps now. some ppl won't notice it because the change was slow, but you should appreciate that they didn't mind changing their game and actually did something well.