Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Yeah, but I'm saying the system is already there and works, unless I just don't know how multi-block matching works. I thought everyone who did it was joining a sort of "shared" block, not going to other existing blocks.
    Multi-block does just send you to an existing block with open space in it; you can see that when you open up the Team menu and see your current block.

Just the ability to join in already ongoing quests (Like a beach wars 2018 thats 11/12 past teleporter) would be super welcome,or adding a queueing option for full quests so you'll be alerted and be able to immediately join them if theres a free space without having to constantly refresh the quest counter.
    Also let me invite friends into my party past teleporter in more quests,it annoys me when the quest starts and i realise theres afriend i know without a party that i would have loved to have join me, rather difficult to do with the rush rush rush mentality of 80% of EQs.

On another note im happy about the first arts JA,fixes a lot of stuff for ra that never had the option to use Step JA. I'd like to see dive roll shoot become innate already though, every melee class has step attack learned right from the get go,even in PvP and its unfair that ranged users STILL need to slap 1sp into it.
    Spoiler!

A lot of people complaining about the "gotta go fast" nature of a lot of players but just a reminder that anything that is time-limited encourages people to want to optimize their time spent in a run. PSO2 itself works very well with time attack and it's why there is sizable culture around time attack in all forms of content. Even the devs acknowledge that time attack is one of the most common ways people play the game now.

re: First Blood for every class, I still don't like that they're making every class less unique but they've determined that every class shouldn't be without that and Double Jump so I guess it's just something to get used to now. I do agree, though, Dive Roll Shoots needs to be given for free for Ranger and Gunner, not sure why we still have to waste a point on it. Also re: Double Jump, I'm gonna play around with it when we get it but even despite it not having invul like Jumping Dodge, I may just remove my Jumping Dodge ring from my Gu units and toss something else in. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    A lot of people complaining about the "gotta go fast" nature of a lot of players but just a reminder that anything that is time-limited encourages people to want to optimize their time spent in a run. PSO2 itself works very well with time attack and it's why there is sizable culture around time attack in all forms of content. Even the devs acknowledge that time attack is one of the most common ways people play the game now.
    There's nothing wrong with people wanting to do stuff fast, the problem is putting people of wildly varying power and skill levels in a bucket and telling them they only have 30 minutes to do as much as possible. It's why I said before, you only really see people complain about pugs in EQs.

re: First Blood for every class, I still don't like that they're making every class less unique but they've determined that every class shouldn't be without that and Double Jump so I guess it's just something to get used to now. I do agree, though, Dive Roll Shoots needs to be given for free for Ranger and Gunner, not sure why we still have to waste a point on it. Also re: Double Jump, I'm gonna play around with it when we get it but even despite it not having invul like Jumping Dodge, I may just remove my Jumping Dodge ring from my Gu units and toss something else in. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    That's something they addressed, so, while agree that making the classes TOO similar might be a problem, the baseline for the game seems to be something they wanted to change with episode 5 anyway, so adding new baseline mechanics is fine to me as long as the fundamental playstyles and flows of each class have different flavors and focus.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 13, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

Also re: Double Jump, I'm gonna play around with it when we get it but even despite it not having invul like Jumping Dodge, I may just remove my Jumping Dodge ring from my Gu units and toss something else in. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    Well i did testing ages ago when jump dodge released on Bo,you can double jump off a jump dodge jump but you cant double jump then jump dodge. Good way to get triple your usual height so im keeping it,especially for Ra.
    Spoiler!

Jump dodge with double jump in magatsu is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Well i did testing ages ago when jump dodge released on Bo,you can double jump off a jump dodge jump but you cant double jump then jump dodge. Good way to get triple your usual height so im keeping it,especially for Ra.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case. After thinking about it a bit more, I'll probably keep Jumping Dodge on since it's super useful and DJ + Double Jump could be useful in some situations. Originally I was thinking about throwing on a Step Jump ring for the few situations where you would tag Chain on something and then have to run to it (Deus core only, honestly) but that application is so niche that it's not worth wasting a DJ ring for that.

That and at some undisclosed time Step Jump will also be added to the tree as long with Air Reversal so I may as well wait. lol

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

first off, Multiblock Matching as it stands now is only good for people who were either late to an EQ, or drew the short straw when everybody launched into an EQ at once and got stuck in a not-full MPA. While this might not have been the intended only purpose for multiblock; Premium Space and people in lobbies or even other quests throw a stick in the wheel of the system here, as even if there is another available MPA to join, the block could otherwise be full and unjoinable, so both the multiblock searcher AND the not-full MPA get messed up by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Sega said they'd like to turn Multiblock matching into what Zorak described but i'd take a long time (obviously) since implementing a feature like that requires a lot of changes on Sega's backend. It wouldn't surprise me if a feature like that would be in place from the beginning for whatever comes after PSO2.
    tbh you're the first person I've heard say that sega is actually aware of this mess, is there an article that mentions this somewhere I could use as reference for letting other people know?

I assume the block system is also responsible for why we still don't have a proper auto-rejoin system in place when people get 630'd. That would be the only real means to explain this, since even PSCrew-official streams that take place on the live servers still get 630'd from time to time. That has to be extremely embarrassing for them.

anyway I feel like even if they somehow do change lobby and quest instances to work like this, EQs just aren't working out in this game, but they are such a basic part of it that I doubt they'll ever go and fix it; simply because it would take a whole lot of effort to do so by this point. when the player survey has "more emergency quests" as the top requested content, I feel like they are moreso saying that "EQs are the only interesting/relevant pieces of content in the game". what they oughta do is make every quest as interesting and possibly rewarding as an EQ, and get rid of the EQ system entirely.

that thing I said about making a version of the Buster Quest matching system but with EQs instead could potentially solve a lot of issues. Somebody could use a main match charge to start up a quest that they want to run, the system would match them up with other people looking to run it, and when there isn't enough people to fill the MPA, it'll draw from a pool of players who have queued up in "free match" mode. then the free match people at the end would get something like buster medals for an exchange shop that could have stuff that would interest somebody who is playing enough to drain their main match stamina for the day; I would suppose stuff like Affix Rate +40%s or weapons/units with abilities on them that are useful for affixing; the buster medal shop already kinda does this, but I feel it doesn't go quite far enough. From there it would be about balancing the pool of available quests and their rewards so you don't get people free-matching that ditch the quest just because it's not the fastest quest to run.

I kinda feel like they really should be trying to move the game to allowing people to play when they want to, instead of being subject to what's on the schedule. Even if you don't want to run beach wars anymore, if you had to rely on an MPA filling up for what you were doing, you usually wind up not being able to play anyway since too many people left for the EQ. In one way, omega loser and apprentice dropping the rematch triggers kind of moves to this idea, if only slightly. But as it stands in general, this is kinda looking like they are approaching this with the mentality a lot of mobages use, of relying on short-duration micro events throughout the day so you almost have to plan your life around them.

Seeing the dislike ratio show up on the teaser video of September's Buster EQ made me realize something. The way PSCrew has been using a "Flavor of the Month" style of leading people around to playing a single quest nonstop (except for EQs) was likely one of many contributing factors to the backlash over Buster Quests. It made me imagine if back when I played Halo Reach, if Bungie had a SWAT playlist up one week, then replaced it with a Grifball playlist, there would be a LOT of angry people taking to the forums I would imagine. While they put up with mining bases when they appeared as EQs, they did not like the idea of them becoming the thing we will be doing constantly for an entire episode. While they have done a decent job trying to provide content for single-parties to run, I think they need a little more variety along the way of content to run with a crowd of random people in any given week.

I will just say, them trying to get away from the Emergency Quest model would be difficult since the entire game is based around that. They would probably have to do a gargantuan re-work of the entire game both content and balance-wise, akin to FF14 1.0 -> 2.0 which I'm sure they don't have the resources for. Honestly, despite all of their recent failings, I'm sure PSO2 continues to be a large earner for SEGA in the greater scheme of things. If the current model is still working, I don't see them going back to adjust PSO2's core design and instead I'm sure they'd rather focus their efforts on designing the next online chapter for this series.

That much being said, I'm very curious to see SEGA's financial report for this year and see how much of a hit, if any at all, all of the backlash from EP5 has caused their bottom line. I'd be willing to be there was some effect but probably not as pronounced as we might assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    tbh you're the first person I've heard say that sega is actually aware of this mess, is there an article that mentions this somewhere I could use as reference for letting other people know?
    I may have misunderstood something, because bumped is occasionally vague for no reason, but I believe that was a question that was asked by someone one almost a year ago on Arks Live.