I know, I know. He only said something to the extent of "as you all know, I'm sure, online game players tend to complain a lot" and he used that as a reason why actual work on PSO2 had not progressed much, because the team had to do plenty of balancing and surveys.

The thing is, at some point you have to draw the line. PSO2 advertised saying "yeah this is sci-fi, futuristic, RPG" and people laughed and stayed all day in the lobby playing dressing dolls. "It's a combo based action game!" Players went and said "lol nope" and for a while players had the same PA on all slots and had to change weapon to access another PA. So Sega made a new meta based around that, and people went after something else in the game and invented the 14 dashes by mixing jump cnacels and lobby action cancels. So Sega invented a new meta with fast-travelling PAs on a few select classes and people bitched and moaned until we now all have the same kind of stupidly broken travel PAs.
It's always the same process. "Hey we made a game" "NO this sucks change it all" - if you're not here to play the game that was advertised go somewhere else for crying out loud.

Otakun > You go to a pizza parlor, you see the pizzas, you pay for a pizza and when you get one you complain because "Hey this sucks I thought there would be no tomato and no cheese and also I can't stomach the crust". You know what, pal? You're not getting a pizza. Get out of the pizza parlor and let pizza eaters eat pizza. You spent that money and that time fully knowing what was coming to you so don't come to me saying you're entitled to your money and time.

It's one thing to see that the diavolo is bigger than the pepperoni and both cost the same prize so you feel cheated and you complain. That's perfectly fine.
You can also complain when suddenly all the nice staff is changed to rude people and service quality dives down. That's very fair.
But you can't go into a pizza place to order pizza and then complain that you actually got a pizza.
I can only imagine the frustration of coming in to work and every day you read complaints about "My HU doesn't play like FO" or "TE/SU doesn't play the same as BR/FI so fix it" or "Where are my 14 stars dude? It's been 2 hours" etc. It's a thing to see "The new class is overpowered please do something" but it's another to have to change everything around because of endless complaints about virtually everything.
Kimura being honest and saying "If we do that, we will simply lose money" was an instant meme and it's still thrown around every time he appears, to the point where the stream is unwatchable. I don't even want to know the level of the stuff he receives in the complaints department.
And now we are in this room and it's awkward...