Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

If it were mistiming in a 'too late' sense, that would be a logical conclusion (except not since 'too late' for katana would simply get you hit because you wouldn't have a guard up, but lets ignore that). My interpretation is that after the first katana counter parry he does, he's guarding before he's fully lockon-autofollow turned around, locking him in at an angle that the katana guard doesn't cover for a 'too early' strike.

If you look closely (and you can even reproduce the video frame by frame with "."), you can see that Im already facing him after doing the counter before he charges at me again
    Spoiler!

Also you don't need to look straight at him, look here, I'm facing to the right but I got the counter anyway
    Spoiler!

It seems like that Katana Counter has a range of 180°

Spoiler!

Does the number of weapon form badges ever increase at higher levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndolin View Post
    Does the number of weapon form badges ever increase at higher levels?
    No, it generally seems to be 1-2 per depth. The items also never really change. Its the same drops on every depth. Even 250% only seem to potentially add more excubes and class excubes and even that is pretty minimal.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

It's so far 1 form voucher per clear and 1 additional first-clear bonus (with other items on certain floors for clearing them first time round). So if it wasn't for the class-clear titles you'd have to clear up to floor 75 to get your first form pass and then generally its 150 kills (or 30 days) per pass. Kinda incredibly shitty rate on its own, but there's apparently gonna be other ways to get these so shrug.

The gimmick from Depth 70 seems to be they lowered the threshold before he resists attacks? Maybe I just attacked him differently though, either way thats the first time in 70 floors he's actually resisted two of my attacks.

Also Demerit+70% D:

Wow this is really good. Also really like what he did on 2:46.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Wow this is really good. Also really like what he did on 2:46.

Not really impressive. You should play hero more often. If your impressed by timing and counter attacks maybe you're leaning too heavy on cheese. This is the only way to fight mask as a hero. Counter attacking his ground pillars using talis/tmg is 101. Seriously, fight mask on hero, if you can't do any of that, just stop playing hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    Not really impressive. You should play hero more often. If your impressed by timing and counter attacks maybe you're leaning too heavy on cheese. This is the only way to fight mask as a hero. Counter attacking his ground pillars using talis/tmg is 101. Seriously, fight mask on hero, if you can't do any of that, just stop playing hero.
    You describe the theory, this player do it in practice with 0 mistake, also the timing for hero finish on the clones is perfect.
    So it's REALLY impressive, no need to devaluate the performance.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3