Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post
    Depth 50
    Spoiler!

It could have been a lot better, but I was using rappy shine instead of my affixed rear because I needed the extra HP because he keeps hitting me for some reason
    Does anyone know why this happens?
    When he dashes at you and do his 3 attack combo, for some reason I cant counter the second one sometimes
    Here I'm holding the guard button and I'm cleary facing him
    Spoiler!

but for some reason It looks like I got a direct hit from behind
    Spoiler!

Sometimes I can counter, sometimes not
    I'm losing too many attempts because of this
    It is possible that you are the victim of a crossup. That is, his attack comes out at a time where he passes through you and his attack counts as coming from behind you instead of in front of you. Therefore the game thinks you are blocking in the wrong direction and you take full damage.

I am not sure how you would prevent this other than to maintain a certain spacing from him (about a foot away from him?) so that, when he uses this attack string, you are not at that bad position when his second attack comes at you.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    It is possible that you are the victim of a crossup. That is, his attack comes out at a time where he passes through you and his attack counts as coming from behind you instead of in front of you. Therefore the game thinks you are blocking in the wrong direction and you take full damage.

I am not sure how you would prevent this other than to maintain a certain spacing from him (about a foot away from him?) so that, when he uses this attack string, you are not at that bad position when his second attack comes at you.
    this is the best explanation i can come up with too. i've managed to isolate it to when he does his double dash, if he's too close to you after the first dash, the second one hits you forcing you to step or remove lock-on temporarily. with practice, i've made sure to stay as close as possible to him so that when he executes his first dash, i'm far enough away on the second one to always block. you sort of get used to judging if your distancing is correct and can instinctively step rather than counter if too close.

Man, i really feel like none of the drops are catching my fancy.

Anyone got any opinions on the Weapons and Units and does it come as a set effect?

I've been testing some pet configurations and it seems that Melon is really strong on this floor and I guess in the ones that will come ~

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I recorded a video
    First one: he got far away from me and I got the counter
    Second one: he's almost the same distance but I got hit instead
    Third one: he got really close to me, but I got the counter anyway
    Fourth one: almost the same distance but I got hit instead

Don't know if you guys see something that I don't
    Maybe I should just stop countering the second hit and only evade it

To me it looks like you're guarding too early on the followups, so the guard is locking you in position facing in a direction not directly facing elga, resulting in you taking a hit. I haven't played braver since episode 4 though, so take it as you will from one minute of checking lockon guard tracking with a random enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd Azakuya View Post
    Spoiler!

I recorded a video
    First one: he got far away from me and I got the counter
    Second one: he's almost the same distance but I got hit instead
    Third one: he got really close to me, but I got the counter anyway
    Fourth one: almost the same distance but I got hit instead

Don't know if you guys see something that I don't
    Maybe I should just stop countering the second hit and only evade it
    From my HU experience I noticed that what matters is actually the angle at which he does the first attack.
    If I face it properly, the charge parry shield will appear properly in front of me.
    If I'm at an angle when he does the first slash, first parry will be in front, but second parry will appear on my side.
    Not that I have to worry about it but I guess as BR, you should step it whenever you're unsure of the angle.

Either that or timing as was suggested, since you seem a bit early on those. But I'm surprised it doesn't turn into normal guard in that case so.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 15, 2018 at 07:34 AM.

On Depth40. My times are around 8:30 which I feel are awful. Him blocking my Vinto I kind of expect but not my JB shift action. I spam Gran Wave a lot more and that never has been resisted.

Also, I am kind of getting sick of his animations being over but I still take damage and get statuses.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Either that or timing as was suggested, since you seem a bit early on those. But I'm surprised it doesn't turn into normal guard in that case so.
    HU has all guard, so mistiming a just guard will still guard you from any direction at a damage/pp loss.

I know that. I meant if the issue was only mistiming, and not where the attack comes from, chances are his katana counter would have turned into a Katana guard. Hence why I think it's just due to how weird this attack hits.