Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
Now, why would Guard Stance get all of its survivability as well as superior DPS against bosses? Only Sega knows. Usually trade-offs are a thing in games.
I think the trade off is exactly what all of you mentioned; it requires Just Guard to be more effective (damage dealing wise) over Fury Stance. So if a player can't Just Guard reliably or plays in content where enemies don't get to hit the player (which is almost literally 99% of the content), their performance drops.

The inverse situation would be for Fury Stance to be absolutely better in every case for dpsing, in which case why have Guard Stance at all, when you can enjoy near-100% invulnerability anyway with clever dodging and positioning as Fury Stance.

I think Sega has abandoned the notion of having trade-offs because they have already given players extremely powerful tools to protect themselves, to the point of absurdiness. PSO2 is the only game so far I know where getting hit by an enemy, or being afflicted with a status effect is a massive boost to the player, to the point where players delibirately want to get hit/afflicted.