Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Definitively i LOVE the Katana! I guess as a Fi main it's not a surprise because the PAs really look like the Twin Dagger one :

Schmetterling = Symphonic Drive
    Folter Zeit = Orchestra
    Wolkenkratzer = Fall Nocturne

But Ph Katana bring everything Twin Dagger would need to become great everywhere, and not only on boss : mobility, AOE, high pp regen with quick cut.
    Now i want a "L/Katana Air Chase" ring!
    Agreed, I also like katana best...but might be just cause I spammed so many keys with Kenei.
    Only problem is the quick cut and shift mode timing, takes pretty long to be able to start a shift pa so not sure if the dps numbers are at all accurate as they technically got to incorporate the uncharged weapon action frames and damage as well since it's not possible to do a shift pa on its own unless you just used quick cut but even if you spam that it's more common to be unable to use a shift pa right away.
    And quick cut itself, it takes too long to trigger and feels like pso2 turned into a ps2 game where the animation of your current attack has to finish before you're able to start another. Regular pas tend to be longer than shift pas but even then it feels like the quick cut window could be at least half a second earlier most of the time.
    And finally, after quick cut you have a far too long shift mode window, especially for mobbing it's a big issue cause you cannot spam Wolkenkratzer or for bosses you cannot spam Folterzeit if you want to use quick cut to avoid running out of pp in under 20 seconds (at 210+pp),
    Ph katana pas are really bad at combos so spam it is, but due to their massive pp cost and the way quick cut works spam isn't very smooth either,

And rifle feels awkward. The bits sometimes miss if you or the target moves and Nachtangriff having a fixed range is the regular pso2 bs of something being very unreliable but really good which is just frustrating, not fun.
    Regardless of how strong some attack is, if using it successfully is too rare it's just pointless and not worth wasting time trying. Sega should have made Nachtangriff weaker but with variable range.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Ghosts do float, so Ph is supposed to as well.
    lol

Still, now that I got to play Ph some more I enjoy it more but still a far cry from hr. Lacking any decent dash pa is also disappointing. Not sure I wanna waste a slot on Ilzonde or Safoie 0 just for traveling (when using lockon Regenschlag will home in on enemies and sometimes even turn you around nearly 180° so it's not just mediocre with enemies around but can actually waste time).

currently i been using Rod but mostly as a PA weapon, and i gotta say, im kinda having much more fun with it than katana, the movement is great, and the range is just obscene, also the marks stack up pretty fast if you have both zero and long range boost since the PAs rage is so large that triggers both boosts when it hit both close and far enemies, wich is easy because of the PAs and shift action range
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Phantom attacks are so slow compared to hero. Unless I am doing something wrong here , I find it very slow.

edit: Hero's attacks are faster but its per hit is much weaker compared to phantom.
    Phantom's per hit is higher but it has a very slow attack rate.
    Last edited by TakemiShinnosuke; May 3, 2019 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    Phantom attacks are so slow compared to hero. Unless I am doing something wrong here , I find it very slow.

edit: Hero's attacks are faster but its per hit is much weaker compared to phantom.
    Phantom's per hit is higher but it has a very slow attack rate.
    You sound like you're playing it the wrong way.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    You sound like you're playing it the wrong way.
    I wonder am if I am or is Phantom supposed to be this slow as compared to hero

I wonder am if I am or is Phantom supposed to be this slow as compared to hero
    What do you mean by "slow" exactly ? a weapon or a PA in particular ?
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    What do you mean by "slow" exactly ? a weapon or a PA in particular ?
    The PA speed. Its much slower than Hero's

Phantom katana is actually fun and hero is just complete assballs in every single way.
    Phantom wins.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

The PA speed. Its much slower than Hero's
    I say attacks too if you're a Range person. Class is not Range friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I say attacks too if you're a Range person. Class is not Range friendly.
    yup attacks / PA for phantom is so slow that when you try to fight deus garcia. lets put it this way, you end up dodging more than hitting him