Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
Not sure why it bothers you guys so much that some would rather play a localized version. PSO2es looks uninteresting, I'll pass sorry. I'm certainly not going to spend money now when I know it's coming here in less than a year!
The reasoning is somewhat simple yet, does take experience knowing the psyche of the common casual and elitist online playing gamer.

The reason why they are so bothered is due to 1. The game finally coning west after what they all deem is "too late", knowing full well they had a english release ready to go all those years ago, but SEGA decided to make a deal with a certain asian publisher to not release PSO2 anywhere else, the west basically, for at least 5 years. Sega who has a glorious record of bad decision making, agreed to it. Likely their justification for it was thinking their would be no profit in the west afterall due to all the hacking and cheating that happens in the west, which devalues the franchise and turns players away thus no money, when in reality, it was their own incompetence for not taking proper security measures. Thus why alot of the players here will appear jaded to you.

A second reason to why it bothers them is, Sega again likes to make bad choices. But they are not stupid. They all know full well, no matter how much any of them will actually try to justify it, that Sega can, and probably will, send a squad of GMs to Ship 2, to find and eradicate, all non jp IP players, and any masking their IP will eventually be found and banned too. It is within their right, anyone not of Japan is breaking ToS just being there, and SEGA only allowed it thus far because half of us was spending money on it. Doesnt matter if you put in 3000 hours and spent 3000 bucks, if they decide they wanna force every non JP to the western release, whether they will play it or not, it is gonna happen, and that thought, is in the back of their minds and it terrifies most of them. SEGA may also put a Cease and Desist on the translation group to help get all of us off easier.

God I hate typing on a phone. A third reason is the impending loot box laws that may pass. If it does, then the AC scratch offs and anything similar to it, will likely not come west side. Its a f2p game afterall, the law is mostky made to protect minors, young children who are attracted to free to play games, thus they are under the belief the game will either become p2w, or alot of non cosmetic, non QoL items will be removed, thus no way to get that gambling rush many are fond for. This also effects my second reasoning and why Sega would be more justified to ban all non JP players, because if that law passes, any minor playing on the JP servers are subjected under the new law, and playing the game would be illegal, many legal issues could come as a result if said minors were found out and reported about it by say, Sega themselves or as simple as them talking about how Jimmy used moms credit card to gamble on the gacha and won sone high prized items on it, with his friends during gym class. Then tattle tell Bimmy reports it to the P.E teacher, thus the parents get called in, then they try to yell at Sega about it.

So theirs your answer. Yes, alit of these players will try to rebuke, or laugh it off, or say its not true. But I been playing mmos and onliners for 20 years, I seen and done it all, I seen all sorts of mind sets and pretty much know how every type of online gaming person thinks. They can deny it and rebuke all they want, but in the back of their minds they know its true, they just do not want to accept it.

Wait for the game, support it, I personally will spend on launch day up to 200 bucks for a few cosmetics but mostly, I want storage and inventory space, since I like to horde stuff to sort out all at once later. May even take a 2 week vacation to play pso2 and my other games while doing my daily training. Dont let the doomsayers deter ya.