Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
Early Ultra hard enemies had lower base attack(the one used for ATK - DEF part of the formula) but higher multipliers to make up for it. Similar to Masquerade from floor 100 which have very low base attack but high multipliers to make up for it, so you could take straight 1s if your defense was high enough. Bosses like UH Dragon did way lower than damage then their XH counterpart because of this. Thats why Defense became important in episode 6 and why Rappy Shine loss its usage.
I couldn't find anything about this. In fact everything I did find implies UH free field enemies have a 70% attack increase AND a high multiplier.
Rappy shine fell out of favor because the two main early pieces of UH content had healing reductions on them, and by the time that wasn't the norm for repeatable UH content, 13* units were more common, so you just had better options in terms of effective hp.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
I assume you did your testing in UH free fields. Thats where I did mine before swapping to a full Novel, but when enemies got boosted again, the defense lost its edge again. I tested this again on Divides steps 20+ where trash mobs would do close to 1k, and swapping to the Rappy Shine would add at best 10% more damage despite the defense lost(had no guardian armor SSA in the novel though). Same with Persona, which is why I think they kept using the old formulas for more recent content.
In XH and UH free fields it was the same. In the ship UQ it was about a 30-40% increase in damage taken using rappy shine over a 13* unit. And for Divides it was the smallest difference, but step 21-25 divide quest mobs have 50% (65% for 26-30) more attack anyway, so of course defense has less of an impact in that specific content. Most things don't get that much of an attack increase in general, I'd hardly consider it the new norm.