Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    So the new Lumigunny gunslash has 100% status infliction rate and S4 Genesis ring

Is sega confirming my stupid idea or not, wtf
    At the very least it's going to make mobbing with fomel style really funny. Also that 100% increase is only at level 1 of the pot, it might go higher.

Looks like only the damage-increasing portion of the GS's potential increases with level. The fact that this also gives you the ability to afflict status that matches the weapon without the need of a status affix is nice, too. It's definitely not a coincidence that a GS with Genesis Ring gets releases shortly before Luster, so I'm absolutely willing to bet that Genesis Ring does affect Luster's Style. Probably not worth making this your main weapon, though, unless you're on a budget or not willing to invest much. At the very least, this can be a nice utility weapon for when you want to inflict status on a boss to proc their special stun animation.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Aug 21, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Honestly from what I was reading in the comments on the swiki the SE rate bonus isn't that noticeable, and its mostly just that you can get SEs without using a SE affix, but like... if you're also using genesis ring for it then you're already using an affix slot, though I guess it does have versatility in mind.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 21, 2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Looks like only the damage-increasing portion of the GS's potential increases with level. The fact that this also gives you the ability to afflict status that matches the weapon without the need of a status affix is nice, too. It's definitely not a coincidence that a GS with Genesis Ring gets releases shortly before Luster, so I'm absolutely willing to bet that Genesis Ring does affect Luster's Style. Probably not worth making this your main weapon, though, unless you're on a budget or not willing to invest much. At the very least, this can be a nice utility weapon for when you want to inflict status on a boss to proc their special stun animation.
    its not a very good GS to use unless you're unwilling to make Stil or better (or Atra Ex+ etc). Dropping R/Crit isn't worth it either for SE rings (along with constantly having to swap or bring 3 rings with you) let alone an S4 that would work better (like Raising Pursuit) than Genesis Ring

they would need to buff the weapon to make it worth using but at the same time, Lu is just going to get its class specific serie released down the road anyways (like Demonia, Resonance & Flotia) so it's possible that could be a better sub if you plan to be lazy about the class. It won't outpower the new raid gear but it'll be something you could use if they decide to toss something akin to Genesis Ring on to it
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 21, 2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I'm pretty sure the weapon is just so any class can proc status effects on bosses more than anything else anyway. It might make a good mobbing weapon with dark or fire, but at that point why not just make a weapon specifically for that and just use a normal SE affix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the weapon is just so any class can proc status effects on bosses more than anything else anyway. It might make a good mobbing weapon with dark or fire, but at that point why not just make a weapon specifically for that and just use a normal SE affix.
    ya i had that idea too but ehh, well you're going to see ppl do this anyways
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    its not a very good GS to use unless you're unwilling to make Stil or better (or Atra Ex+ etc).
    I literally already said what you said with the line "not willing to invest much". I never said it was a good choice as your main damaging weapon. This seems more like a utility weapon over anything, but it seems like SEGA also made this for the casuals to try out Luster as an easier entry into using the different styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well, it'll still have the greatly increased proc rate over the other option of a normal SE affix on another weapon. I would assume on mobs, the pot will make the status proc immediately? Unless mobs also have some form of status resist...
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Aug 22, 2020 at 05:01 AM.
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
    Well, it'll still have the greatly increased proc rate over the other option of a normal SE affix on another weapon. I would assume on mobs, the pot will make the status proc immediately? Unless mobs also have some form of status resist...
    It's +100% not purely 100% So if the chance is 10% then it'll make it 20%. You do have a point though, since I'm pretty sure weapon SE rates are pretty generous already. Mobs do have status resists, but it's usually to specific ones, and pretty much anything that can't be poisoned can be burned.
    I also saw people saying that the SE from the gunblade's pot is always level 5.
    Even if Luster needs 3 different gunblades that's still 3 extra weapon pallet slots for utility weapons, so if I end up getting on I'll probably use it anyway. My only concern is that fomel style seems less like the one I would want to use for mobbing. On the other hand the mobs I want to bring poison out for are usually stuff like dissolosabers.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 22, 2020 at 01:42 PM.

Oh, so it just doubles the proc chance, making it work like the Fo and Te status rate buff skills. That's unfortunate. I was under the impression that it was an increase like how critical rate buffs work. In that case, higher levels of Lumigunny's pot should have increased the buff further. Like 150% and 200% for lv2 and lv3. But oh well.

Also, things can't be affected by two different elemental status effect simultaneously, right? So if you affix Burn to a Dark Lumigunny, I'm assuming Burn and Poison would switch off whenever one procs to replace the other?
    And as a utility weapon, I guess you can also double up and affix a status to match it to the element to increase the chance of a proc, since you'll have a roll for both the affix and the pot each time you hit. You just won't have the option to swap the affix status with Genesis Ring on the fly.

EDIT: I guess higher level of status will take priority, but the lower level status will proc briefly before getting replaced, if what I'm reading on swiki is accurate. Ideally, you'd want to affix level V status if going for this route. But from the limited testing swiki people did, it seems matching status to element (i.e. Burn V + Fire weapon) is as good as not having the affix at all. But if you affixing a different status than the element helps double your proc rate. From one person's testing, after 100 normal attack shots on Oodans, the person got around 7-8 burn procs from affix and 7-8 procs of the other status from the pot. But matching Burn with Fire led to only 6 procs total (the lower number probably just due to RNG variance on a low sample size).

EDIT2: Nevermind about the higher level status always taking priority. I used some Collect Gauge items to get it early to test (tested with Burn III and Dark attribute), and it does do what I initially thought, which was just switch back and forth whenever the other status that's not active procs, disregarding status level. I saw it switch both ways a few seconds after the first one procs, so it's definitely not because the first one timed out.
    I'm also getting numbers that have a wide range, ranging for low-single digits to get a proc, anywhere up to over 20 (although a lot more rare), so perhaps the tests done from commenters on swiki weren't very thorough tests so the numbers they got for doubling up statuses were just due to coincidental bad RNG. From my limited testing, it seems like doubling up seems to make it more likely, but again, that's also a small sample.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Aug 23, 2020 at 04:51 AM.
    Characters

The higher level status taking priority is only if it's the same status. I know this from experience because everyone fucking confuses Grana Gwanada when I'm trying to burn it. I actually use a poison wand on Et when mobbing, and it's reliable enough already to proc on things I would want it to (like dissolosabers orz).
    The reason double status might be getting less is possibly just because they don't stack. Or it was double triggering and just extending the duration, it would depend on if they were testing it by waiting for the previous status to wear off/finding a different target or not.