Default Roleplaying Ships or Alliances?

Long story short: Are there any role play alliances/groups or dedicated ships?

Hello PSO-World! Long time viewer, but a brand new member. I would come here to find any and all research regarding my PSO:BB character back in 2004. Phew! I also played a bit of PSU when it was released. I'm a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online and have been for a while. When I played the game, I felt like there was a community. Blue Burst became a lot more than a game to me - I made some great friends out of this as well.

One of the aspects we had was role-playing. It...enhanced the story for me and made me enjoy playing this game even more. Unfortunately, the friends I made back in 2004 have moved on and lost interest in PSO. That isn't the case for me and would love to be apart of a ship/alliance that focuses on role-playing. I have been playing PSO2 since the US version was released on the XBOX. I enjoy it, I really do. But I can't help but feel that the story elements that made me love the last few games are missing.

That being said, would anyone be able to point me to the right ship or alliance that I can find a role-playing group? I searched here on the forums, but to no avail. If I can't find anything, I may just start my own RP alliance.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Macaroni View Post
    Long story short: Are there any role play alliances/groups or dedicated ships?

Hello PSO-World! Long time viewer, but a brand new member. I would come here to find any and all research regarding my PSO:BB character back in 2004. Phew! I also played a bit of PSU when it was released. I'm a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online and have been for a while. When I played the game, I felt like there was a community. Blue Burst became a lot more than a game to me - I made some great friends out of this as well.

One of the aspects we had was role-playing. It...enhanced the story for me and made me enjoy playing this game even more. Unfortunately, the friends I made back in 2004 have moved on and lost interest in PSO. That isn't the case for me and would love to be apart of a ship/alliance that focuses on role-playing. I have been playing PSO2 since the US version was released on the XBOX. I enjoy it, I really do. But I can't help but feel that the story elements that made me love the last few games are missing.

That being said, would anyone be able to point me to the right ship or alliance that I can find a role-playing group? I searched here on the forums, but to no avail. If I can't find anything, I may just start my own RP alliance.

Thanks in advance!
    I suggest joining some NA PSO2 discords if you're going to look any at a much faster rate, there are some RP teams here on psow but as you know psow doesn't have massive traffic that someone will come invite you super quick though someone may see your post and do so. The teams exist just not many of them

Quote Originally Posted by MikonX View Post
    What is an "Alliance"? Do you mean Team? Oh, that's right, you're playing the bastardized US version. If you were such a "huge fan" of PSO you would've been playing the real version of PSO2 for the past several years.

On topic, good luck in your search. There are some RPing teams on the real version, so it's only a matter of time before they pop up on the US servers as well. You might want to wait until its out of beta.

That said, PSO2's story, especially after Episode 3, is gobbledy-gook, so I'm not sure how many people would want to take part in expanding its lore. Oh wait, you don't have anything after Episode 3, so you might have some luck.
    why reply? you know of NA's existence now, its a thing, get over it. Nothing in NA is "superior" over JP servers, the battle pass is useless for us because it's literal all things that we've had for years already but revived for NA, the Daily Find shop (or w/e its called) where we can spend SG on full outfits or random AC scratch items is literally the only good thing they have otherwise everything is the same there and here (I guess subpar voice acting if you really care about that)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Apr 14, 2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

In addition to what Kril suggested, you should also check the official forums; they are more active than here for the NA version and there is a subforum there that is dedicated to finding an Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I suggest joining some NA PSO2 discords if you're going to look any at a much faster rate, there are some RP teams here on psow but as you know psow doesn't have massive traffic that someone will come invite you super quick though someone may see your post and do so. The teams exist just not many of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    In addition to what Kril suggested, you should also check the official forums; they are more active than here for the NA version and there is a subforum there that is dedicated to finding an Alliance.
    Here are two help responses, thank you guys! I am completely new to Discord, so I will be digging into that. I like that idea a lot. Also, it didn't even come to mind in regards to the official forums. I will definitely look into those and see what I can find. Again, if not, I wouldn't mind creating my own alliance in this case. Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by Ryna; Apr 15, 2020 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Language