Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Maybe this is just me, but I hate joining a game and seeing a player brandishing a spread needle. They're just too powerful. With a spread needle, even a incompetent player can clear a room in no time.

As a FOnewearl this forces me to run to the front lines of a battle just to any kind of damage before the enemies are exterminated and frankly that's not my role in a party.

I'm sure there are many of you out there that think the spread needle is the best thing since sliced bread, but that's because you can use them. I'd be happy too if I could massacre five enemies at one time.

I'm just venting here, I realize that spread needles are everywhere now (thanks again to the dupers), but I wish that those players who wielded them would be a little more considerate in their usage. Let the rest of us get a couple of shots in before you slaughter everything in the room.

I agree MR.white. When i found my first spread needle i was like HAHAHA "I'm a God" clearing an entire room in 2 seconds flat on any difficulty. I realized how bored i was getting with the game so i went back to wielding my soul eater+35 and my chainsawd+30. Now im in love with the game again.

I also became infuriated once i played a game with someone who had a spread needle while i was using my swords it was awfull running around to an enemy just to watch him die 1 second before you get there. Is very annoying and unfair to other players(esp. paralysis) Therefore i retired my spread needle.

Yeah, I've gotten mad at people using spread needles. I've actually gone through the forest killing only ONE enemy because of one of those. Most people are polite when you ask them to put it aside.

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

I have to agree. I've got one, and from now on when people join my game I'm going to put it away.

people really don't mind when I use mine. I use the special attack to paralize them and the damage is about half of what I usually do and I don't even do regular or hard attacks. just the special. It seems better that way and everyone gets exp.

Thats about the same thing I do: Just paralyze everything then watch as everyone else beats down on paralyzed Demenians. hehe then I'll heal and Shifta/Deband.

Personally, I love my spread needle, and I think everyone should go out and get one

Doesn't everyone benefit from a player being the best that they can be? It's like asking a force not to use Razonde or any other high level multi-targeting spell.

What really torks me though is when people are like, "Hmm, I'm a only a force so I'm going to have to ask you to put the needle away," as if it's MY fault that they are a force.

But, if someone asks, I will put it away, until the people that asked prove to me that they aren't competant enough to be productive regaurdless of what weapons I choose to use.

PSO Assassin

Spy, it's just the way it is... forces simply cannot compete with a spread needle (or any decent weapon for that matter). If a high level player is using a needlea forces best bet for XP is to dash into the room ahead of everyone else and get of one RAzonde for like 80 damage to each dimean before the room is cleared by the needler. But then again, it's not much fun to be tagging along and just sucking up XP without contributing in any meaningful way.

I've found that I have the most fun when I play with casts. Unlike most hybrid classes, casts actually can use your spellcasting_support help... so for at least that one game you actually have your niche.

I agree with Spy. I've had people tell me not to use my crash bullet because they were too incompetent and slow to get in on the action. Its usually those forces that think they are hunters and refuse to use multi-targeting techniques...instead they prefer to get destoryed in melee combat.

PSO Assassin

The reason high level forces use weapons is because once their stats are maxed out, they're actually much more effective in v.hard ruins with a weapon (even with the limited selection of weapons available to them) than spells. In my opinion force spells are somewhat comparable to normal weapons (flowen's, DB's, varista) in the hands of a mid level player. The reason weapons are so much better though, even for a force, are many fold. One of the biggies is there are so many enhancements to weapons but none to spells. So you start with the near equity between a plain flowen's and raspells and then it's completely lost when you start adding in things like photon efficiencies (55% vs Dark), Shifta (another 25% more damage), and */battles (much faster swinging). Then you have the fact that v.hard ruins monsters are very fast and they're often mixed in such a way that casting the raspell that is effective on some in the group of monsters does little or no damage to the rest... where the weapon hurts them all equally. You get into the situation where a hunter with a god/battle and and a rare sword with the right photon efficiences is hitting every dimiean for 500-800 damage many times in a combo in the time a force can get off one ra-type spell... and they do 0-180 damage (the high end of the range to the monsters with poor resistances vs that element). It's no wonder forces instead will pick up a Soul Eater +35 and a god/battle instead and hit every dimiean in the group for 200-340 (depending on criticals) 3x in a combo instead of getting off one tp expensive, weak damaging spell. You may throw a rabarta in here or there to freeze some enemies, but that's about it. Of course the final nail in the coffin of exclusive spell use in v.hard ruins is that spells don't do knockback like weapons do, so the mobs will overwhelm you...

So when you see high level forces using weapons it isn't because they're stupid... it's actually the right choice (especially when they solo...).
    [addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Zephyr on 2001-03-09 23:22 ]</font>