Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
That's perfectly fine though. There's no death penalty, and you learned something from it. They're meant to be a threat you learn to avoid until you're strong enough to fight them. Sure they might take you by surprise, but that's part of the appeal to me. They're meant to keep you on your toes and give you something to come back to later when you like "oh yeah, I'm strong enough to fight that thing I saw before", as well as give people coming back to those areas for gathering something extra to do.
Not enough games take advantage of level mechanics in this way, especially not online games.
I agree with this. One of the things I miss from FFXIV 1.0. It makes it feel more like a world to me.

Quote Originally Posted by classicburger View Post
Honestly I liked EP4 mainly for it having Esca Falz? Anyway the blue Falz.. I kinda understand how the story was too mainstream for most but it works just fine for me. Phaleg was also in it too which made things interesting.

EP5 and EP6 I thought were made by one director as they were connected but I guess I know now why EP5 was so terrible.. EP6 was really amazing though, hopefully we can look forward to the EP6 director for new exciting NGS stuff.
Mainstream really isn't the word I would use for that... They turned the otaku meter to an even higher mark. That meter was always there unlike some people claim (like PSU's attempt of having an intro and ending after certain parts of the story to look more like an anime episode). Anyways, that only funneled the content to an even more specific group which is part of why it gets so much criticism.