Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My fakemon dump

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Well the deep philosophics means it's time for another update. I finished all my mid-tier animations, so I'll go ahead and show all those off.
    Also, I noticed that my animations that I posted here have much greater views and likes than the ones I didn't. So, I guess some people are liking this progress even if they're quiet. Thank you for that!

And another post because apparently you can only have five videos per post, which I did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    I don't have anything to show now. My edits back then wasn't as comprehensive as what you guys are doing now. It was basic stuff like default names, someone's talking, etc.
    Oh. Yeah that kind of stuff is really easy to do now.
    What kinds of edits would you like to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    I don't have anything to show now. My edits back then wasn't as comprehensive as what you guys are doing now. It was basic stuff like default names, someone's talking, etc.
    Understood, Dhylec. And no worries about that. I haven't done any edits, so your efforts are still above what I'm willing to do, even if Zorafim has made significant headway with the modern tools he linked to earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    What kinds of edits would you like to make?
    Yeah, even if it's just a fun thought-experiment, what would you want to implement if you could, Dhylec?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I finished all my mid-tier animations, so I'll go ahead and show all those off.
    Congratulations on finishing another batch so soon!
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."

Luckily the animations aren't that bad, since I'm working with what's there. If I had to draw them myself that might be different but, it looks like a pain actually adding them and there's not really much need with what they already have. From there it's just combining them.
    I am running out of memory on the digital drive though...even with a 2tb SSD and 32gigs of ram I still am only allowed a few mb of space in the actual game ; ;

I really don't like how the final evolution's sprites came out. I guess I'll toss them into the game and see if I can find what I don't like about them, and hopefully fix them. If not...I'm stuck with it.
    I think I got too ambitious with the design. Biblically accurate angels are supposed to look crazy, but Gameboy sprites already look crazy. It's just too hard to tell what you're looking at when you're supposed to be looking at something that doesn't make sense anyway. Just...ugh.
    Anyway! There are some minor changes with many of my pokemon, except for my fish which is very similar. For this one, the change is...fairy type instead of psychic. Ghost/fairy may seem overpowered...
    It is. It's overpowered. I regret nothing.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what a fairy type is like in a previous gen. I think ghost won't be as overpowered as it was in gen 1 because there aren't as many normal types flying around, and honestly neither type doesn't have nearly as many things to hit as a Psychic type did in gen 1 so maybe it won't be that overbearing. But it's going to be interesting!

And here's the last of my attack animations! The only solid work that I need to do now is draw my last pokemon's back sprite, then the hack will be playable. I want to make a few changes though, so it should still be a week of work on top of however long it takes to make this last pokemon.

I forgot that only five videos were allowed. Here's two more.

My last pokemon is done! I just need to write a new battle theme, do my menu icons, and add a friend to the game, and I'll be set.

No new designs will be coming out for a while, but hopefully soon I'll have a finished product for you guys.

Alright, just a bit more work and I'll be ready to share the finished product!

And I am done! I'll see you all in half a year when I put out my next one!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ix0wt...ystal.gbc/file