Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My fakemon dump

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Default My fakemon dump

Since this got big, I figured I'd just put the links at the top so people can see them first thing.

My gen 1 hack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dia7...eblue.gbc/file
    My gen 2 hack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ha48s...ystal.gbc/file

I worked on a pokemon hack recently, where I just make a few pokemon and play the game with them. I had a lot of fun with them! Here are the custom images I made for them.
    I'm doing this as a way to work on my art in a satisfying way. I started drawing in November, and I haven't been pushing hard, but I was so glad to at least make a hack with it! Related; Assembly is so hard to work with.

My player insert. I have a story of him written on here somewhere. I had to make some edits to the game to make his inclusion make sense, but I like how it came out. Mostly. I still miss a few people calling him a kid.
    The back and overworld sprite was done by my friend, but I drew the front sprite.

My design based off biblically accurate angels. Ghost/Psychic. My gameplay design was based off of Abra/Alakazam, making a powerful speedster with good attacks that improve as it levels. The only real differences are adding the ghost typing, and adding ghost attacks to give it coverage.
    Since Alakazam is already overpowered, this one became by far my strongest pokemon. It was untouchable in the early game, and the plethora of poison types meant it always had something to hit hard. Its ghost typing meant it was able to deal with psychic pokemon as well, which was such a relief to finally have.
    I gave him the custom ghost moves Presence and Purify, a low and high base power special ghost move, as well as changing Night Shade to do special damage instead of fixed. This change made anything else with Night Shade do 4x damage against him, which, actually cost me a match in my edit that buffed bosses.

My Water/Dragon type. As cool and overpowered as this type seems, the dragon typing really didn't factor in too much. Yeah I'm no longer vulnerable to grass or electric, but I normally switched out with those types anyway. And the dragon typing does nothing offensively for me except kind of help against Lance. Still, this is a powerful water type with a design I love and it was great using it. The only real overpowered thing about it was that it was a water type, and it could learn Thunderbolt, which ironically made it a better electric type than my electric type.
    Since Dragon doesn't really have any moves, I made a few for a better experience. I copied Twister by making a dragon type gust with a new name, and then I added a unique attack Ahk Morn (I love FFXIV), which was really satisfying to use. They weren't effective against anything though so they didn't end up being great moves.

My fire/electric type. I thought this was the coolest combination for each of these types, and I'd never seen it before, so I went with it. But between the 4x weakness to ground (which only really factored in to Sand Attack which I made a 40 base power earth move), and the fact that it's an electric type weak to water, it didn't end up being great. It's a good fire type, but a bad electric type. Still, I really enjoyed making the design.
    Since there's no mid-power fire or electric moves, I made some. To fit with its bug aesthetics I made Ionic Silk and Pitch, both 60 base power. Those were fun to make, as they weren't too flashy but they added some personality before the final evolution.

My earth/ice type. My first time around I just made ice a physical type so I could optimize his stats, but the second time I changed ice back to a special type and balanced his stats more.
    Having low special really hurts in gen 1, as any special attack really hurts. But balancing the stats made him feel much weaker as well, so I don't know the best balance.
    Regardless, just because of his pure offensive presence, this was a great pokemon. Not only was it strong against the plentiful poison types, but the sheer number of things that ground and ice individually can take out is staggering, to say nothing of them together. It was also fun playing with its stats, as each evolution boosts one stat a lot while leaving the others mostly alone, which made each evolution feel different. Very strong, and fun to use.
    There aren't many earth or ice moves before the strong ones, so I made a few. I changed Sand Attack to an earth move, since I feel like accuracy is anti-fun. Then I made Bulldoze from future games as a moderate power earth move. For ice I just made a low power move called Cold Claw.

My rock/fighting type. I thought it was a cool combination, and a fun way to add more references from my story. Because of how terrible each type was I had to completely redo the common rock moves, then add a new one - Tumult. A multi-hit rock move with 30 power per hit, for a possible total of 150, or a minimum of 60. This helped Rock's flair for being powerful but inconsistent. Then for fighting I used the kick attacks, since those were the only consistent fighting moves. Then I made a new one, whose animation I had grand plans for that didn't really pay out.
    This pokemon had everything in place to be a good rock and fighting type, but still didn't end up great. It countered normal types beautifully, but despite their prevalence I didn't end up fighting many. Then the common water and powerful psychics just kinda kept it in its ball. Still, it did what I needed it to and it didn't drag me down too much. And it was really nice in the early game.

Finally, I needed a pokemon to use HMs with. So I made one. And it certainly exists.
    It's normal/bug, because he's not special, but he's sure buggy.
    No moves. Period. All it can learn is HMs. All his stats are 1 so his combat sucks after level 0. Which he starts at. He is only here to use HM moves.

Well thank you for coming by, and remember to

And here's a link to the new battle theme I composed:

If you're interested in playing, here's a download link. Along with unique pokemon with some unique moves, it also offers harder bosses and a mildly changed early game. Just drop it into your favorite gameboy emulator and you're good to go.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dia7...eblue.gbc/file
    Last edited by Zorafim; Aug 26, 2023 at 09:36 PM.

Oddly enough, I had been thinking about Digimon a bit for the last day or two.

So a thread alike this one is coincidentally timed, in a tangental way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I worked on a pokemon hack recently, where I just make a few pokemon and play the game with them. I had a lot of fun with them!
    Always nice to hear that you had a good time!

Here are the custom images I made for them.
    Well, you certainly nailed the "look" of the Gameboy sprites.

I'm doing this as a way to work on my art in a satisfying way. I started drawing in November, and I haven't been pushing hard, but I was so glad to at least make a hack with it! Related; Assembly is so hard to work with.
    Hmmm, creativity is creativity, but does making "old-style" sprites of this type actually help you with your primary project's art-style?

Not criticizing either way.

Simply wondering if the skills developed for this would be applicable elsewhere.

My earth/ice type.

My earth/ice type.

earth type.
    ***scrutinizing of minutiae intensifies***

>_>;

My earth/ice type. My first time around I just made ice a physical type so I could optimize his stats, but the second time I changed ice back to a special type and balanced his stats more.
    Having low special really hurts in gen 1, as any special attack really hurts. But balancing the stats made him feel much weaker as well, so I don't know the best balance.
    Regardless, just because of his pure offensive presence, this was a great pokemon.
    Hehe, beyond the discrepancy between occassionally referring to the Ground Type as an Earth Type, I do have two things to ask & ruminate about:

1.)

Could you elaborate on what this creature's three evolutionary phases represent?

2.)

All the talk about balancing the battling-aspect of your game-modification brings up something that I haven't been sure where to post about.

I had considered making a thread or two in the Rants section about what I feel are fundamental flaws of how most video-games are designed....

However.... I don't really think my qualms are beneficial if I'm just shouting into the void.

So, if it's understood that I'm not targeting you, Zorafim.
    Or Pokemon.
    Or Phantasy Star.
    I'll just vent these thoughts:

From the start, all interactivity in MOST video-games is designed with hostility between interactees as a main mechanic.

This intention by the designer(s) may not even be a conscious one.

But whether leveling-up in Phantasy Star 2 or Pokemon Blue, as a player, we are only given hostile options for progression in the game's story.

Sure, you might be able to "play" a portion of the game without fighting anything, but the pre-supposed sequence dictates that your adventure will never explore later stages, nor witness any plot development.

Ultimately, the core of the actual game-mechanics is combative.

A player in most games will never get to solve problems non-violently.

The only interaction between the player & the computer-controlled characters is selecting abilities to utilize for offense....

....and even if some abilities are supportive/defensive/restorative, the confrontations as programmed will never conclude if you don't utilize offense-based choices.....

Another example would be trying to play a "healer class" in PSO.

The game allows you to not murder things directly.... since you could level-up in co-op/online mode by "tagging" enemies with Jellen or Zalure and just heal your allies while they do the actual killing of said foes.... but the game will never allow you to HEAL THE ENEMIES!

To calm THEIR rage!

To cure THEIR mutation!

To purify THEIR demon-possession!

If the game was advanced enough, perhaps even use COMMUNICATION to talk out the issue and resolve things peacefully!

This stuff is simply not even given a consideration in action-oriented games.
    (Y'know, the ones most people actually find to be fast-paced fun.)

Maybe the problem starts with a competitive mindset programming the games.

Hence everything being alike chess, with the players (whether human or computer) directly facing off to outwit one another.

I use chess as an example of how the very idea of a "game" is so rooted in "defeating" someone.

(The two players' Queens don't get to interact together in any non-hostile manner during the "game".)

And that then extends on up to the complex games, where massively-multiplayer communities have the opportunity to unite everybody in a mutual activity for their simultaneous enjoyment....

....but those MMORPGs often use abbreviated-terms like PvP or PvE to distinguish their focus, but the commonality between all variants is the "versus" part.

Which squanders so much potential.

Instead of confrontation, we COULD have collaboration.

To use PSO again, our player-characters could be SAVING the enemies, rather than killing them!

I could even dare say that instead of "twitch-oriented" gameplay that actually fosters impulsiveness, games could endeavour towards peaceful solutions to conflict and actually enrich players' real-lives by making them better communicators by reinforcing the actual person's capacity for patience & understanding.

This stuff could be innovative on a whole new level.
    Way beyond the small-minded ambitions of developers preying on the addictive nature of what they create.

Game-designers could set literal ENLIGHTENMENT as the core intention behind the interactions that players get to engage in, whether engaging real people or computers.

We all know that what humans spend their time doing over & over & over, has a lasting effect on them.

It's like if a person practices playing the guitar whenver they have time, that person's mind will accustom itself to thinking about new sequences of notes and all sorts of possibilities for songs.

It doesn't matter whether those songs are judged as "good" or not, because the simple fact would be that songs came into existence.

So, the potential to bring MORE GOOD into the world is worth the effort of sweeping aside conventional assumptions that underlie what we could create....

....and with a lucid mind, CHOOSE to create things that LUBRICATES doing good in all ways.

Which certainly includes all the ways we interact within the pre-programmed confines of a video-game.

Finally, I needed a pokemon to use HMs with. So I made one. And it certainly exists.
    It's normal/bug, because he's not special, but he's sure buggy.
    No moves. Period. All it can learn is HMs. All his stats are 1 so his combat sucks after level 0. Which he starts at. He is only here to use HM moves.
    Now THIS is super clever and actually funny, too!

Making your Bug-Type partner a "bug" in the sense of a glitch like Missingno!

^_^

You really conceived something inspired here, Zorafim!

Silly as a play-on-words turned into design-concept might be, I like it alot!

From there, it does beg the question though:

To you, what does MH gv.012 mean, if those letters & numbers mean something?

Perhaps abbreviations of something?

And here's a link to the new battle theme I composed:]
    Put this song on "Loop" and listened to it for the TWO HOURS it took me to write this post!

Authentic sound.
    Fitting for a Kanto Region confrontation.

But, based on your glitch-Bug Pokemon, this makes me wonder if you've ever tried to recreate the glitchy music that ensues in certain Missingno encounters.

I remember a glitch trainer, who made the music become VERY WEIRD audio of the "VS Champion Theme" that lacked entire layers of that track and would shift from recognizable parts of the song, to complete incoherence!

Not sure if it's the type of "music" you're interested in making, but a "Missingno Theme" like that would be fun.

Atleast in theory!
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."

Quote Originally Posted by feather-flower View Post
    Oddly enough, I had been thinking about Digimon a bit for the last day or two.
    So a thread alike this one is coincidentally timed, in a tangental way.
    Alright that's pretty funny.

Always nice to hear that you had a good time!
    Oh man yeah I really needed this project. The combination of hard work and satisfaction, and then making a game I loved as a kid even better, every bit of it was something I needed. It was super hard work though.

Well, you certainly nailed the "look" of the Gameboy sprites.
    I think it's hard not to with the limitations you're given! It must be of a specific resolution, and I think just that is going to make it look gameboy-y. But you're also forced to greyscale it (luckily the exact colors don't matter, since the software will just map it to whatever colors you tie to to the image). That, and knowing that you need them to face a certain way, I'm sure anyone with any artistic ability can make something that looks fitting.

Hmmm, creativity is creativity, but does making "old-style" sprites of this type actually help you with your primary project's art-style?
    I think so. The nice thing is the limitations. I don't have to worry about colors for instance, and the level of detail is so low that mistakes are easily forgiven. I think this is a good place to start, and then future games are helpful once I gain more skill and understanding.
    But more important than efficiency is passion. Having a project where I must do this work, driving me forward, is going to do a lot for me.

***scrutinizing of minutiae intensifies***

>_>;
    Oh man I do that a lot. I may call electric the thunder type, or grass the plant type. It's just wherever my headspace is. And I apologize for nothing.

1.)Could you elaborate on what this creature's three evolutionary phases represent?
    Sure, just a reptile growing in weaponry. My initial idea is, he's always pretty similar to his base form, but he gains more earth and ice armor as he evolves. Starts off as a lizard, then a lizard with a shell spikes and a crown, then he gains a tail mace and more ornate spikes.
    It may not have ended up with me getting that across, because, I have less than a year of artistic practice. Including planning.

From the start, all interactivity in MOST video-games is designed with hostility between interactees as a main mechanic.

This intention by the designer(s) may not even be a conscious one.

But whether leveling-up in Phantasy Star 2 or Pokemon Blue, as a player, we are only given hostile options for progression in the game's story.

Sure, you might be able to "play" a portion of the game without fighting anything, but the pre-supposed sequence dictates that your adventure will never explore later stages, nor witness any plot development.

Ultimately, the core of the actual game-mechanics is combative.

A player in most games will never get to solve problems non-violently.

The only interaction between the player & the computer-controlled characters is selecting abilities to utilize for offense....

....and even if some abilities are supportive/defensive/restorative, the confrontations as programmed will never conclude if you don't utilize offense-based choices.....

Another example would be trying to play a "healer class" in PSO.

The game allows you to not murder things directly.... since you could level-up in co-op/online mode by "tagging" enemies with Jellen or Zalure and just heal your allies while they do the actual killing of said foes.... but the game will never allow you to HEAL THE ENEMIES!

To calm THEIR rage!

To cure THEIR mutation!

To purify THEIR demon-possession!

If the game was advanced enough, perhaps even use COMMUNICATION to talk out the issue and resolve things peacefully!

This stuff is simply not even given a consideration in action-oriented games.
    (Y'know, the ones most people actually find to be fast-paced fun.)

Maybe the problem starts with a competitive mindset programming the games.

Hence everything being alike chess, with the players (whether human or computer) directly facing off to outwit one another.

I use chess as an example of how the very idea of a "game" is so rooted in "defeating" someone.

(The two players' Queens don't get to interact together in any non-hostile manner during the "game".)

And that then extends on up to the complex games, where massively-multiplayer communities have the opportunity to unite everybody in a mutual activity for their simultaneous enjoyment....

....but those MMORPGs often use abbreviated-terms like PvP or PvE to distinguish their focus, but the commonality between all variants is the "versus" part.

Which squanders so much potential.

Instead of confrontation, we COULD have collaboration.

To use PSO again, our player-characters could be SAVING the enemies, rather than killing them!

I could even dare say that instead of "twitch-oriented" gameplay that actually fosters impulsiveness, games could endeavour towards peaceful solutions to conflict and actually enrich players' real-lives by making them better communicators by reinforcing the actual person's capacity for patience & understanding.

This stuff could be innovative on a whole new level.
    Way beyond the small-minded ambitions of developers preying on the addictive nature of what they create.

Game-designers could set literal ENLIGHTENMENT as the core intention behind the interactions that players get to engage in, whether engaging real people or computers.

We all know that what humans spend their time doing over & over & over, has a lasting effect on them.

It's like if a person practices playing the guitar whenver they have time, that person's mind will accustom itself to thinking about new sequences of notes and all sorts of possibilities for songs.

It doesn't matter whether those songs are judged as "good" or not, because the simple fact would be that songs came into existence.

So, the potential to bring MORE GOOD into the world is worth the effort of sweeping aside conventional assumptions that underlie what we could create....

....and with a lucid mind, CHOOSE to create things that LUBRICATES doing good in all ways.

Which certainly includes all the ways we interact within the pre-programmed confines of a video-game.
    Yeah I completely agree. I'd love more stories or games with less violence and conflict, but we've seem to have come to the conclusion where a story is only good if it's filled with suffering. I love the ideas behind games where this simply isn't true. There's Undertale that has the nice quirk where the best ending is obtained if you befriend everyone who tries to hurt you, or games like Stardew Valley that's all about building. Hopefully with game development being easier than ever, even more people come up with peaceful but engaging concepts. I'd love to play, as you mentioned, a healer in a fantasy game, that goes about healing the world.

Now THIS is super clever and actually funny, too!

Making your Bug-Type partner a "bug" in the sense of a glitch like Missingno!

^_^

You really conceived something inspired here, Zorafim!

Silly as a play-on-words turned into design-concept might be, I like it alot!
    Oh man don't give me too much credit. If there's any genius here, it's genius born from laziness.
    All I wanted was an HM slave. So I made an HM slave. From there, it's my cutting of corners that gave this one its charm. Because I'm able to design around the need for this pokemon though, I will be retiring him in the future.
    Turns out you can make items that work like HMs in future hacks, so I'll be going that route to free up a party slot.

From there, it does beg the question though:

To you, what does MH gv.012 mean, if those letters & numbers mean something?

Perhaps abbreviations of something?
    Oh, um...So the second picture is the back sprite, which means you're seeing it backwards. And for the back sprite...I forgot exactly how it worked, but the only times you're ever actually seeing it are during the Elite Four outro, and while selecting him for HMs. And it turns out, during those times, the sprite is flipped. So in both cases, you're actually seeing him backwards.
    So...flip the image around.

Put this song on "Loop" and listened to it for the TWO HOURS it took me to write this post!

Authentic sound.
    Fitting for a Kanto Region confrontation.
    Man if this isn't the biggest compliment. I'm glad I could write something that someone can listen to for hours, because that's exactly why I wrote it. I kinda hate the normal battle theme, which is why I replaced it. It's not...horrible, but you're listening to it for so long. I just wanted to keep things fresh. And I have to admit, I didn't get tired of it even after the hours I heard it.

But, based on your glitch-Bug Pokemon, this makes me wonder if you've ever tried to recreate the glitchy music that ensues in certain Missingno encounters.

I remember a glitch trainer, who made the music become VERY WEIRD audio of the "VS Champion Theme" that lacked entire layers of that track and would shift from recognizable parts of the song, to complete incoherence!

Not sure if it's the type of "music" you're interested in making, but a "Missingno Theme" like that would be fun.

Atleast in theory!
    Man it would be *absolutely trivial* to write glitchy music. The only thing getting in my way would be my perfectionism. But if there was, say, a forced fight or something, and an easy way to add a new song (like there is in gen 2), I could totally do something like this. And you would hate it. It's so hard already to make something listenable with the gameboy audio software. It's the easiest thing in the world to make it sound grating and horrid. And that would happen quick.
    But yeah. I could make it happen. And I could make it everyone's problem.

Thanks for responding! This forum has been a bit of a grave yard for the past...few decades, so it's always great to have any kind of discussion on it. And on stuff I made, that makes it even better! I'll post my gen 2 stuff some time.

Alright that's pretty funny.
    Perhaps funny from a cosmic viewpoint, BUT that train-of-thought actually veered toward some rather serious implications!

It started light-hearted enough.

Sifting through memories of how Digimon's localized names & terminology was changed outsife of Japan.

Which led to conceiving that the "Stages Of Digivolution" would have been better if they had a unified theme based on digital file-sizes like "Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte, etc" from the start.

Therefore:
    "Digi-Egg" would stay the same.
    "Baby" would be changed to "Nano".
    "In-Training" would be changed to "Micro".
    "Rookie" would be changed to "Deca".
    "Champion" would be changed to "Mega".
    "Ultimate" would be changed to "Giga".
    "Mega" would be changed to "Tera".

So on and so forth,
    without an upper limit to how far these Stages could eventually ascend.

The theme of "digital file-sizes" would also pair well with certain plot-points about the Digital World accumulating too much data for the Yggdrasil Super-computer too handle, like in the Digimon X-Evolution film.

My train-of-thought then segued to another thing that I'm surprised the series-developers never implemented themselves.

Basically: there have been chracter-designs based on animals turned bipedal from the beginning.

Digimon like Leomon or WereGarurumon, for example.

But to my knowledge, the designers never created one for Tyrannomon, whom I always considered to be as important as Greymon in terms of recognizable Digimon.

Greymon eventually becomes WarGreymon, yet there is no CommandoTyrannomon (or something like that, where the Digmon turns bipedal and acquires some military-style camou-pants or something.)

It's at THIS point, that my mind realizes that Digimon's in-universe fixation with battling could be yet-another metafictional example of how popular-media glorifies & normalizes violence.

Pokemon as a series has also been accused of similar things too, with comparisons between rooster-fighting/dog-fighting/and other forms of animal-cruelty.

So, as you might imagine, it is rather disheartening to think about how so much stuff from childhood has potentially insidious subliminal effects, or atleast bad influences.

***sighes***

It was super hard work though.

*snip*

I'm sure anyone with any artistic ability can make something that looks fitting.
    Well, even if "anyone" could theoretically make something suitable, you still accomplished the task and I wanted to say so!

Especially if it was tough to actually work with the program!

I think so. The nice thing is the limitations. I don't have to worry about colors for instance, and the level of detail is so low that mistakes are easily forgiven. I think this is a good place to start, and then future games are helpful once I gain more skill and understanding.
    But more important than efficiency is passion. Having a project where I must do this work, driving me forward, is going to do a lot for me.
    Understood!

May your projects all synchronize into a series of dominoes that propel one creation to catalyze another's momentum!

Oh man I do that a lot. I may call electric the thunder type, or grass the plant type. It's just wherever my headspace is. And I apologize for nothing.
    No apologies necessary, Zorafim!

I myself was only pointing out the discrepancy for comedic purposes!

Starts off as a lizard, then a lizard with a shell spikes and a crown, then he gains a tail mace and more ornate spikes.
    Oh, okay.

I was just unsure if the "sand-pile" in the first sprite had more to it.

Or if the final form was supposed to evoke an Ankylosaur with a tail-cannon for ice-beam.

Yeah I completely agree. I'd love more stories or games with less violence and conflict, but we've seem to have come to the conclusion where a story is only good if it's filled with suffering. I love the ideas behind games where this simply isn't true. There's Undertale that has the nice quirk where the best ending is obtained if you befriend everyone who tries to hurt you, or games like Stardew Valley that's all about building. Hopefully with game development being easier than ever, even more people come up with peaceful but engaging concepts. I'd love to play, as you mentioned, a healer in a fantasy game, that goes about healing the world.
    What troubles me more about the current state of affairs is that the bad influences from the past keep informing the choices of the here-&-now, which continues tainting the seeds of things that COULD be.

And not only stories or games, but what people actually do when interacting in real-life.

Much of social stuff revolves around competition, and even if people aren't being PHYSICALLY violent, there is often an underlying antagonism to dominate or atleast out-perform others.

But to double-back to your own point about "peaceful-but-engaging" game-designs,

Like a so-called "bullet-hell" game could keep its gameplay like Ikaruga, where you can just absorb the incoming energy-spheres, and then your own energy-beams could be purifying light that transforms hostile characters by causing their "outer masks" to crack & then bloom as renewed beings who then accompany you in some kind of ever-growing parade of exuberance. (Which is KINDA what happens in Space Channel 5, actually! So pardon me, for not instantly having a fully original concept to mention! Hehehe.)

Because I'm able to design around the need for this pokemon though, I will be retiring him in the future.
    Turns out you can make items that work like HMs in future hacks, so I'll be going that route to free up a party slot.
    Awww.

Well, he really did have charm and I like the concept of a glitch-bug.

Maybe an Electric/Bug-TYPE version for the future, who can behave like an actual partner PKMN?

Oh, um...So the second picture is the back sprite, which means you're seeing it backwards.
    So...flip the image around.
    Ah.... so it just says "HM Slave".

Eh.... I'll preserve the backwards version as the real appearance as it gives more of that authentic MISSINGNO-esque allure!

Man if this isn't the biggest compliment. I'm glad I could write something that someone can listen to for hours, because that's exactly why I wrote it. I kinda hate the normal battle theme, which is why I replaced it. It's not...horrible, but you're listening to it for so long. I just wanted to keep things fresh. And I have to admit, I didn't get tired of it even after the hours I heard it.
    You assuredly succeeded then!

Man it would be *absolutely trivial* to write glitchy music. The only thing getting in my way would be my perfectionism. But if there was, say, a forced fight or something, and an easy way to add a new song (like there is in gen 2), I could totally do something like this. And you would hate it. It's so hard already to make something listenable with the gameboy audio software. It's the easiest thing in the world to make it sound grating and horrid. And that would happen quick.
    But yeah. I could make it happen. And I could make it everyone's problem.
    You're correct that it's possible to effortlessly create noise, but you're WRONG about me hating it.

Although my headspace gravitates intentionally towards different energies nowadays....

...the artists who mastered sound-collage (like Skinny Puppy and their many side-projects) were among my FAVOURITE music:

https://skinnypuppy.bandcamp.com/track/download

https://cevinkey.bandcamp.com/track/pom-pom-freakashow

https://cevinkey.bandcamp.com/track/booty-park

So, the key with glitchy noise seems to be spontaneous jamming with a wide variety of gear and then taking a curated approach to editing all the best bits together!

Of course, whether you actually want to make some music is up to you.

But I repeat that I really would be likely to ENJOY a "Missingno Theme" if you did one.

Thanks for responding! This forum has been a bit of a grave yard for the past...few decades, so it's always great to have any kind of discussion on it. And on stuff I made, that makes it even better! I'll post my gen 2 stuff some time.
    And thank YOU for sharing your creations!

It is likewise a pleasure to actually TALK BACK-AND-FORTH with somebody here on PSO-W.

(More cosmic humour: Perhaps it's appropriate that a bouquet of flowers left at a graveyard would be talking to an angel there?)

^_^

While anticipating your eventual Gold/Silver-era update, my next post will contribute an unofficial character-design fitting for this thread's overall subject-matter.

So please look forward to that~

Dibbreezy
    the Debris Devouring PKMN

No.??? [[ a "missing number" from the Generation 3 PokeDex ]]

TYPE: Poison / Fairy

ABILITY: Pick Up [[ Finds items on the ground. ]]

DEX ENTRY: "This extremely metamorphic PKMN transforms frequently by eating natural detritus like bird-feathers & sea-shells, as well as artificial rubbish that was disgracefully littered by humans."

GENDER RATIO: ⚥ Hermaphrodite 100% _______ ♀ Female 0% _______ ♂ Male 0% _______ ⚲ Genderless 0%

EGG GROUP: Compatible with ALL species & genders.

NEST LOCATION: Found in the Sevault Canyon of the Sevii Islands.

VOCALIZATION: "...gwaa—gweery—yee—yee—!!!"

EVOLUTIONARY LINE: This single-stage PKMN currently has no known evolutions identified.

NAME ETYMOLOGY: "dibs" + "debris" + "breezy"
    The portmanteau begins with "dibs", as in, "to call dibs" on something, since this PKMN will claim any litter strewn on the ground or in the water, and proceed to eat it.
    The second element of the portmanteau is "debris", as in "detritus left behind", because this PKMN eats both artificial trash & natural sheddings.
    The third segment of the name is "breezy", as in "a carefree disposition", because the Fairy-TYPE has an inherently whimsical attitude of aloof & relaxed glee.

FURTHER INFO: Transforming each time they absorb the characteristics of any debris eaten, the Dibbreezy species's multitudinous appearances reflect the diversity of what each individual ingests. So, one specimen may display plumes/shells/quills/petals/foliage/acorns/pinecones/or even snake-skin; while another Dibbreezy might exhibit junk like soda-cans/beer-bottles/glass-shards/candy-wrappers/coffee-cups/or even cigarette-butts! Hence, these PKMN serve as a reliable gauge for telling if nearby town-people respect the environment around them (or not).

MORE DATA:

Thanks to the Third Eye on Dibbreezy's forehead, this PKMN can sense hidden items that would otherwise go unnoticed. (In addition to an array of other extra-sensory uses.)

Each of the five strange zigzagging Head-Extremities on this PKMN are prehensile and capable of snatching the various detritus it feeds upon, without ever having to bend or use its hands.

As an entirely Hermaphroditic species, all Dibbreezy are innately compatible with all PKMN and all genders. And due to their easy-going & loving attitude, there is NEVER any risk of rejection.

Dibbreezy "Pure Forme"

https://imgur.com/kqCqUYN

This image depicts a completely pure version of Dibbreezy, which they revert to overnight due to metabolizing whatver had been eaten the previous day.

This version acts as a baseline for Dibbreezy anatomy.

From this mode, each specimen then acquires additional characteristics based on what detritus they devour.

As unique individuals, one Dibbreezy might have a preference for bent-nails & rusty-screws, so their appearance would shapeshift to showcase new colorations & protrusions.

Where-as a different Dibbreezy might delight in eating gull-feathers & snail-shells from the seashore, which then sprout upon its own body.

Therefore, the variation in Dibbreezy would be vast.

Thus, my picture only represents a single iteration of COUNTLESS configurations.

Pardon me for not illustrating more of them.

INSPIRATION & BACKSTORY: The Pokemon World has a littering problem just like our real-life Earth.

Not only can you find "visible" items placed in the games from the very first generation, but GameFreak also included "invisible" items left around the environment.

Although it's usually a pleasant surprise to pick up the things that you can accidently discover (or purposely seek out with the ITEMFINDER tool), the reality of littering does get alluded-to by some NPCs like the PKMN Rangers (of FireRed/LeafGreen's Sevii Islands' Sevault Canyon), who represent role-models encouraging players to protect nature (much alike actual Park Rangers in real life).

So, it's not out-of- the "in-game universe" to make an unofficial PKMN that directly tackles the issues caused by human pollution.

With that said, the Muses of the Mind & I have kept conceiving ideas about litter-munching nature-spirits who metamorphosize by eating litter, since we started cleaning up our neighborhood regularly from April 2020 onward.

And it's kinda funny: these ideas were linked with imagining PKMN from the start!

My imagination recurringly kept phantasizing of Mawile & Mareanie (and perhaps Liligant too) as partners who might enjoy a snack of certain types of trash.

The "Lake Trio" of Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie also seemed like PKMN who would atleast appreciate peeping upon any person who was concerned enough to keep cleaning up all the junk, as they often seemed to spy on humans in their "invisible mode".

Hence why my own PKMN design was likely inspired to "fit in" amongst these sorts of "youkai-esque" PKMN.

( FUN FACT: this poem I posted last Summer was also inspired by these same recurring reveries: https://www.pso-world.com/forums/sho...=1#post3481878 )

Alcreamie would also be a species to include in a "litter-patrol" of PKMN, but I wasn't aware of them until very recently.

So there's probably other official PKMN like that, which I don't know about yet, whom would be friends with Dibbreezy.

Either way: with my head conjuring PKMN-related thoughts as I trudged around removing rubbish from the roadside, various versions of what would spawn Dibbreezy manifested.

Then, due to talking with you, Zorafim, the actual picture(s) of Dibbreezy came into existence Thursday afternoon!

Giving credit to where it is due, Dibbreezy wouldn't have made an internet debut without you!!

^_^

BONUS:

Dibbreezy "Human Forme"

https://imgur.com/M93scSl

For fun, here's an anthropomorphized variant.

Her hair colour, skin colour, & coat colour would all transform based on what she ate; just like in her creature Forme.

Despite being obscured by the bangs hanging down in front of her forehead, the Third Eye is still present and enables a wide range of extra-sensory perception.

Those 5 zig-zagging extremities of hair still retain their prehensility, so her hands often droop unused by her sides, while her hair does the touching & feeling.

And, yes: she is a natural futanari to honour that all Dibbreezy are hermaphrodites.
    Last edited by feather-flower; Jul 1, 2023 at 06:34 PM.

Well, even if "anyone" could theoretically make something suitable, you still accomplished the task and I wanted to say so!

Especially if it was tough to actually work with the program!
    Well, it did take a lot of work getting everything the way I wanted it. Adding *a* pokemon isn't a big deal, but adding 16 is another story. On top of that I did make some changes, like permanent sprinting (which was just copying someone else's work) and spawning every pokemon with perfect IVs (oddly hard).
    The hard part is working with assembly. The tables and stuff were easy to read and augment. Making new moves is oddly easy and satisfying. But making changes to the game's code is rough. I didn't have to do it much, but each bit was an ordeal. And man was it satisfying when it paid off.
    But yeah in terms of actually making pokemon, the only hard part is the art. If you don't mind doing that, you can go crazy with it.

Understood!

May your projects all synchronize into a series of dominoes that propel one creation to catalyze another's momentum!
    I hope so! So far my gen 2 pokemon look a lot better. My gen 1 look as good as they can given the context, but it doesn't allow me to really draw anything. Already with gen 2 I'm getting way more compliments. Once I can do gen 3 I think I'm ready for real art.

No apologies necessary, Zorafim!
    Good because I'm not gonna

Oh, okay.

I was just unsure if the "sand-pile" in the first sprite had more to it.
    I just thought the sand pile was cute. I'm learning I don't like those so much when I make new ones, but experimenting and finding what doesn't work is important!

Or if the final form was supposed to evoke an Ankylosaur with a tail-cannon for ice-beam.
    Just an ice mace. Hopefully he's easier to understand in the future.

Awww.

Well, he really did have charm and I like the concept of a glitch-bug.

Maybe an Electric/Bug-TYPE version for the future, who can behave like an actual partner PKMN?

Ah.... so it just says "HM Slave".

Eh.... I'll preserve the backwards version as the real appearance as it gives more of that authentic MISSINGNO-esque allure!
    Well a pokemon like this is trivial to make, if you want to go for it! I think the earlier the software, the more charming it is. I think if you tried this in later gens...who knows, maybe it might be neat.

You assuredly succeeded then!
    <3

Hopefully I can keep it going. I want to write one new song per game, or more if there are songs that you're listening to for long periods of time like this one.

You're correct that it's possible to effortlessly create noise, but you're WRONG about me hating it.

Although my headspace gravitates intentionally towards different energies nowadays....

...the artists who mastered sound-collage (like Skinny Puppy and their many side-projects) were among my FAVOURITE music:

https://skinnypuppy.bandcamp.com/track/download

https://cevinkey.bandcamp.com/track/pom-pom-freakashow

https://cevinkey.bandcamp.com/track/booty-park

So, the key with glitchy noise seems to be spontaneous jamming with a wide variety of gear and then taking a curated approach to editing all the best bits together!

Of course, whether you actually want to make some music is up to you.

But I repeat that I really would be likely to ENJOY a "Missingno Theme" if you did one.
    Maybe now that I see some demand I may add something like this if I feel the benefit. But the kind of art I'm doing requires so much cost/benefit analysis. Writing one song that you hear for three hours, wonderful. Writing one you hear for 15 seconds, less so.
    ...man that reminds me of all the songs you hear in games that only play for 20 seconds and they're great songs that you just never get to hear.

But, if you want to hear something similar to this, I have done one in the past.
    https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...social_sharing

And thank YOU for sharing your creations!

It is likewise a pleasure to actually TALK BACK-AND-FORTH with somebody here on PSO-W.

(More cosmic humour: Perhaps it's appropriate that a bouquet of flowers left at a graveyard would be talking to an angel there?)

^_^

While anticipating your eventual Gold/Silver-era update, my next post will contribute an unofficial character-design fitting for this thread's overall subject-matter.

So please look forward to that~
    Yeah definitely, I forgot how much I love this place. Talking art is my favorite thing to do.

I'm almost done with gold/silver, but Tears of the Kingdom has stolen all my times. 200 hours and I'm finally done with it. There may be some things I want to do in Final Fantasy XIV, but I'm ready to get back to my life.

From what you posted, all I need is either a 40x40, 48x48, or 56x56 front sprite, and then a 28x28 back sprite. Then a stat spread (HP, Attack, Defense, Special, Speed, all numbers 0-255, and ideally adding up to less than 500), and a move learn list. Do all that and they can be in gen 1. Everything else I have enough information to do right now.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 20, 2023 at 03:44 PM.

The hard part is working with assembly. The tables and stuff were easy to read and augment. Making new moves is oddly easy and satisfying. But making changes to the game's code is rough. I didn't have to do it much, but each bit was an ordeal. And man was it satisfying when it paid off.
    My condolences about those infrequent ordeals.

Yet, I assume that they represent exactly what you meant about things learned experientially from this passion-project which should help other projects in the future.

I hope so! So far my gen 2 pokemon look a lot better. My gen 1 look as good as they can given the context, but it doesn't allow me to really draw anything. Already with gen 2 I'm getting way more compliments. Once I can do gen 3 I think I'm ready for real art.
    ***fingers crossed***

But, even with the limitations of the first era, your three-form angel looks very well drawn.

So that certainly seems promising to hear that your second batch is even better!

Good because I'm not gonna
    Heheheheheh!

experimenting and finding what doesn't work is important!
    Absolutely !

Just an ice mace. Hopefully he's easier to understand in the future.
    Thank you for clarifying.

And may each generation's increased artistic leeway allow your designs to come to life with ever-enhanced visual-comprehensibility!!

Well a pokemon like this is trivial to make, if you want to go for it! I think the earlier the software, the more charming it is. I think if you tried this in later gens...who knows, maybe it might be neat.
    I suppose that good to know.

And MISSINGNO varieties are always neat!
    Especially WHEN they seem completely out-of-place!

<3

Hopefully I can keep it going. I want to write one new song per game, or more if there are songs that you're listening to for long periods of time like this one.
    Best of luck as you continue onwards then.

And that makes sense. I'm sure it adds alot when you're so familiar with parts of the official OST.

Maybe now that I see some demand I may add something like this if I feel the benefit. But the kind of art I'm doing requires so much cost/benefit analysis. Writing one song that you hear for three hours, wonderful. Writing one you hear for 15 seconds, less so.
    Don't waste your spunk for my sake!

I fully understand where you're coming from.

And while I still would be interested, my previous comments were merely to show that my musical preferences did indeed encompass peculiar sounds. (Which meant that I wouldn't automatically hate the theoretical song if you manifested one.)

But, if you want to hear something similar to this, I have done one in the past.
    https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...social_sharing
    O-ho!

That speedy part in the background definitely fits the Missingno style!

The violin ALMOST fits what happens when the upper layers of the music drop out and leave just the lower layers.

The voice(s), while "eerie", obviously isn't aimed at solely recreating PKMN music.

That little bell, or a music-box, kinda fits, in a way.

And that organ definitely sounds nice, even if, again, it isn't meant to directly reflect PKMN soundtrack-work.

Listened a couple times to this. Thanks for sharing!

(Might give a peek to some other recordings on that Soundcloud profile, too.)

Yeah definitely, I forgot how much I love this place. Talking art is my favorite thing to do.
    PSO-W is/was definitely a special community.

And if you ever have an art-talk topic or interesting aspect to what you've posted that I failed to perceive, please don't be bashful and go right ahead with mentioning whatever is on your mind!

I'll try to reciprocate even if I lack the technical vocabulary to speak intelligently at the same level.

I'm almost done with gold/silver, but Tears of the Kingdom has stolen all my times. 200 hours and I'm finally done with it. There may be some things I want to do in Final Fantasy XIV, but I'm ready to get back to my life.
    Glad to hear you're making progress!

No worries about other stuff like that.

From what you posted, all I need is either a 40x40, 48x48, or 56x56 front sprite, and then a 28x28 back sprite. Then a stat spread (HP, Attack, Defense, Special, Speed, all numbers 0-255, and ideally adding up to less than 500), and a move learn list. Do all that and they can be in gen 1. Everything else I have enough information to do right now.
    Naw.
    (But thank you, of course, for offering to do something like that.)

Wasn't posting the design for insertion into the game.

Simply wished to contribute the idea in order to participate more fully in your thread.

May Dibbreezy be simply set free!!

^_^

I assume that they represent exactly what you meant about things learned experientially from this passion-project which should help other projects in the future.
    Nope! I'm done with Assembly with this game. Maybe if I romhack an SNES game or something I'll use it again, but hopefully I never see the cursed language again. Still, I'm glad to have at least seen what it was like. But I'm ready to move on to a real programming language.

even with the limitations of the first era, your three-form angel looks very well drawn.
    That's honestly a huge relief to hear. I felt my angels were the easiest ones to make. I don't know why more people don't make things like this, because they're very neat and not hard to make. But Breath of the Wild's / Tears of the Kingdom's Satori creatures are close, and I love them.
    Right now I'm struggling heavily with gen 2's final evolution. My artistic process is, it looks horrible until it looks awesome, and I haven't quite hit that last step. But, he just isn't jiving with gen 2's graphical style.

But, it might be *because* of the limitations that they look good. I think a lot of my front sprites look way worse in gen 2. I didn't touch them, but I designed them with gen 1 in mind. Gen 2 looks way better in general, and I'm looking at the two side by side, and what I made in gen 1 easily looks better.
    I don't understand it because it's the same hardware and same limitations, but gen 2 adds more freedom with color, and that really changes things. I think if I did gen 2 first and then went to gen 1 later I'd have the same complaints. It's really weird.
    For reference, the front sprites have the same limitations in both games, but gen 1 is greyscaled and then have colors assigned to them. You can make them red, or blue, or yellow, or anything like that. There's like 15 options. But with gen 2, while white and black are fixed, the other two colors are whatever you want. And just that little bit gives pokemon so much more life. And there's so much more nuance to get that working. It's, really interesting.
    But god am I ready to draw for gen 3.

The back sprites by the way are way different, which is why I'm redrawing them all. Gen 1 is 28x28. Gen 2 is 48x48. So much more freedom, but it requires rethinking each one from scratch to get it going.

And MISSINGNO varieties are always neat!
    Especially WHEN they seem completely out-of-place!
    The most modern implementation I can think of is Gaspar from Undertale, and people seem to love him. I want this kind of idea, but with more realistic ideas. I have this kind of stuff in mind for gen 3 with some of my builds.
    Already my angel pokemon has this kind of going on, breaking the rules of reality to exist in this plane. I have another in mind but, it would easily be at home in a Blizzard or Mass Effect property. I want to go as off the wall as possible, make some truly crazy extra-dimensional ideas in the future.

That speedy part in the background definitely fits the Missingno style!

The violin ALMOST fits what happens when the upper layers of the music drop out and leave just the lower layers.

The voice(s), while "eerie", obviously isn't aimed at solely recreating PKMN music.

That little bell, or a music-box, kinda fits, in a way.

And that organ definitely sounds nice, even if, again, it isn't meant to directly reflect PKMN soundtrack-work.

Listened a couple times to this. Thanks for sharing!
    You've criticized yourself for your lack of artistic terminology, but honestly this is all that's needed. You were able to communicate yourself well here.
    But, I wrote this years ago. This was just an example of stuff I've written that could fit in with the style you were hoping for. I could rather easily write something like this for pokemon, and it would be something that only a Gameboy chip could produce. But you know, opportunity cost.

(Might give a peek to some other recordings on that Soundcloud profile, too.)
    I would greatly appreciate it.

PSO-W is/was definitely a special community.
    It really is. I haven't been able to get anything like this from anything else, ever.

And if you ever have an art-talk topic or interesting aspect to what you've posted that I failed to perceive, please don't be bashful and go right ahead with mentioning whatever is on your mind!
    This goes for everyone. At the time of writing, this has 300 views. I know that it counts the same person multiple times, but this at at 6 posts it's easy to estimate that around 50 people have been peaking into this thread. If anyone is interested at anything at all, no matter what you have to say, we're all interested in hearing it.

Glad to hear you're making progress!
    Yeah hopefully I have something to show soon! I've said that I've made a few custom attacks in gen 1, and honestly it's really fun to do. I have a few ideas in Gen 2 but I need more experience with the new tools. My plan is to make as many tier 1 attacks as possible (around 40 base power), then increase bit by bit until I get to the endgame attacks.
    I like doing ~40 base power, then 60, then 90, so each attack is about 50% stronger than the last, and you really feel the power increase every time you get a power upgrade, without it just obsoleting everything, but also without there being a huge drag. But this means that the first tier needs to feel a bit lame, while the last tier feels awesome.
    I already tweaked a few attacks to feel less lame. Twister was way too slow for instance, so I sped it up dramatically. Oddly all the moves for a brand new fakemon I have planned need no tweaking. But, I do need to make an ultimate move for him.

(But thank you, of course, for offering to do something like that.)
    After learning how to do this it feels great to bring other people's creations to life. I've wanted to do this since I was 5, but obviously lacked the tools. Now the tools are freely available, and I want to live in this world where everyone can see their creations come to life.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 22, 2023 at 10:52 PM.

I thought it over, and it makes more sense to post progress as I make it instead of in one big batch. So I'll be going over what I've finished in gen 2 so far.

The two biggest changes between gen 1 and 2 is:
    1: The back sprite is now 48 pixels instead of 28, allowing for about twice the level of quality. While this means it's much easier to make out back sprites now, it also means I have to redo every back sprite. In some cases I could just polish what I had, so many will look familiar. With others, what I did originally just did not work, so I have to start from scratch. There are a lot of cases where I just get stuck because I don't know what I'm doing, but the end result is always worth it.
    2: Colors. Instead of there being pre-defined colors, I can now set my own. I'm still limited to four, including Black and White. But the remaining two, I can do what I like. This gives me the advantage of more creativity, but it also means I need to be smarter with how I color things. This also means that things I made with one assumption are now being seen in a different context, and that doesn't always end up well.

But for now, I'll just post what I'm done with.

Now with the extra pixels I can draw somewhat of a face. I simply modified the back sprite I was gifted and polished it a bit, then added a bit of expression. The nose was actually really hard to do. I need half pixels in order to draw it well. I had to get creative with the different colored pixels I had to give it shape.
    I had another that was still working under the assumption of greyscale, but since I can chose my own colors it made more sense to give him more human like skin.

No major differences here. This is fairly similar to how this line would have looked in gen 1. I can just make the colors pop a bit more.
    In a way it might be worse because of how the sprites are laid out. I can't wrap extra parts left and right of the image, since there isn't anything blocking that part of the pokemon. So I had to remove the wrapping of the back sprite of the final form.
    I think the only real benefit was the tier 1, that looks a bit more streamlined compared to his gen 1 counterpart.
    No front sprites have been changed except for color swaping.

I looked up so much reference to see how they draw bull-like pokemon, because I just could not get a good angle. And I had no solution. This is the best I could come up with. But even so, I think the second form back sprite came out much better than it did in gen 1...after getting a ton of help. Otherwise, not a huge step forward. But the polish is nice.

This whole set gave me problems. The first and last, ended up way too small, and there's no way to fix that besides starting from scratch. So I'm just going to have to live with that. The second, I have no idea why but I just could not draw a turtle to save my life.
    However, its problem in gen 1 is going to be fixed this time. Since Special Defense is its own stat, it won't be as fragile as it was before. And since I have the physical/special split, I can give it a bunch of physical ice moves. But that's another issue. I have to make four moves for him. And I hope it works for me.

My physical grass/dark type. I may be sacrificing my buggy HM slave, but I think his sacrifice is worth it.
    Basically, while playing through these guys, I'm woefully aware of how difficult it is to counter water types. And man, a fire/electric was just not cutting it. That's one reason to add a grass type. But also...I like plants. I want more excuses to have them. There's no telling if this one is going to be good, but I think it's going to be fun. I haven't used a grass type since my first playthrough of gen 1, so that will be a fun way to think about the game.
    My inspirations should be obvious. One thing is, I love the Piranha Plant bosses in Mario games. That one in Mario RPG that keeps on getting watered and growing more heads, or that one in Yoshi's Island that has that awesome rock organ theme. I just wanted to control one, and I have the chance to!
    Another obvious inspiration is Audrey 2 from Little Shop of Horrors. But you would think with Venus Fly Traps being such common plant monster inspiration there would be more work to pull from. And there really wasn't.
    So yeah. 4x weakness to bug. And I don't think it's going to matter. Its strengths and weaknesses are freaking everywhere. There are barely any types that is just neutrally effective against it, it either resists or is effected by every type. But maybe that will work for me! Either way I can't wait to use it.
    Luckily I didn't even need to touch any except one of its moves. I just need to make a strong physical plant move (which I already have ideas for) and this one will be ready to go!

I'm not done with two pokemon. One is nearing being done, then I need to start the next.
    But, I realized the most fun part of this process is making new designs. So I will want in the future to make a new set of pokemon each game. So expect more designs in the future! That won't be for several months, if not a full year. But I have some new ideas lined up already. Mostly I just want to see how this team treats me.

My friend recommended I post my animations as well, so here are what I have so far.

And this should be all the starting moves for them. My plan is, start with a 40 base power move, as starters would start with Tackle. But give them a unique type so I at least have the interest of type matchups at the start of the game. Then, give them 40 base power moves of their type, so I can benefit from STAB. Then give them all a secondary type matching their starting moves when they evolve at 20, so THOSE moves benefit from STAB, not to mention the power increase. And then 25-30, give them moves that are 50% stronger, then 35-37 are moves 50% stronger than THOSE, and the final evolution at 40. This gives a steady power increase as I go through the game, and also the ability to match types against the opponent even early in the game. It worked out well for me last time except a lot of the good stuff was late into the game. Which was odd because I gave that stuff earlier than the game itself normally does.
    Anyway, with this, except for some cleanup, my game is playable as intended until at least lv24. It only took a day or two to get it done, so hopefully the second tier of attacks treats me as well. I feel like I know what I'm doing more now, so I can make more intricate attacks.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 24, 2023 at 10:00 PM.