Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ever think that maybe Japanese players are just fed up with the thieving and cheating so rampant among American players? I've run into way too many American jerks who view the Japanese servers as little more than a place to steal stuff from, make tasteless comments about the atomic bombing, and insult people without them being able to understand enough to insult back.

Sonic Team must find this an incredible kick in the face. They make PSO a global game in hopes of facilitating international fun between gamers all over the world, and instead get deluged with hordes of rude thieves, cheaters, and jerks who only reinforce the "American barbarian" stereotype. *sigh*

As much as I'd like to play PSO version 2, I could easily understand why Sega might decide not to release it in the USA. Perhaps enough Japanese gamers are so fed up with Americans that releasing it in the USA would hurt their Japanese sales. Remember, Sega's a Japanese company, and has to cater first to its native audience. Maybe there's a feeling that American gamers don't "deserve" version 2.

I know that most American PSO players aren't jerks, but sometimes it seems that there's just enough assholes to make it all seem irrelevant. A little folly outweighs great honor, after all.

Normally in the interests of fairness I'd say something about Japanese asshole players too, but quite frankly I've never run into any. It's so freaky that I almost wish one of them would steal something from me, or at least call me a dirty gaijin. If there's any trouble, then they must do a damn good job of keeping it to a minimum.

In Japan, ALL phone calls cost per minute, like long distance calls do here in the states. That's why you'll rarely find an abandoned japanese webpage collecting dust, and will rarely find japanese people on ICQ. Going online is expensive in Japan, so people generally don't waste time while online. This, coupled with the inherent politeness of japanese culture, is why you rarely run into japanese jackasses? if you made Americans start paying for the time they spend annoying other people, very few of them would decide the satisfaction derived from being a twit was worth the constant cash drain.

On the other hand, this is also why Sega are idiots if they decide to favor japan over america in terms of online gaming.

I doubt Sega is stupid enough to not release ver 2 in the US. You have to realize that the DC has never really done that well in Japan. and coupled w/ heir internet situation its not ver proftable...on the other hand PSO has been a smash hit in the US

Sega is very much aware of money (thats why they sold out on the DC) so I seriously doubt theyll abandon such a potential success in order to shiled their japanese players from some "american barabarian stereotypes"

PS. I have run into some rude Japanese peopel...well not rude they just wouldnt answer me back with WordSelect...lol...

Rappy Hunter

o Psycho, if you didn't know SEGA was created by an American fellow by the name of David Rosen, shortly after WWII(1951). So even though it is based in Japan, the heart and soul of SEGA is American. Just an interesting piece of information. Later.

One little side note.. Sega should have no loyally to its home base, because the dreamcast did horribly in Japan, it did the best in US

Holy Cow..... Someone else knows that SEGA was started by an America. Finally.

Good Job.

Holy Cow..... Someone else knows that SEGA was started by an America. Finally.

Good Job.

Mod: Moved to rants.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

PSO Assassin

You know, PsychoKick, I've been thinking exactly the same thing. Even to the point of wondering whether the japanese may have started similar petitions AGAINST releasing the game in the US. Altough I agree with you and see your point, I almost definetely will stop playing PSO altogether if Ver.2 isn't released in the US. I'm looking forward to it too much and would consider it a huge unfairness if it wasn't.

The rudeness issue alone doesn't explain the lack of a Euro version, where cheating and abusive behaviour is considerably less than on any of the US servers I've been on.

While we're on the subject, has anyone actually SEEN a flat out denial from SEGA stating that they won't release the game in the US? As far as I'm aware, they've just said they're undecided, but everyone talks as if they've said "NO WAY!"

S.