Veteran Fighter

This is kind of ironic, since when I first bought PSO I had my heart set on an android character so I wouldn't have to bother with techniques. Well, that didn't work out and I started the HUmar (or rather, the FIRST HUmar) I have today. I had always wanted 3 characters, and yesterday I cleared out some space on my third VMU, and now I have a glorius FOnewm! At level 8, it's HP is only 53, but it's TP is in the 200s and fast approaching that of my level 57 HUmar.

Here's the info:
    Name: Trelane
    Section: Pinkal
    Class: FOnewm

Cool.. I started a force with my friend the other day which we keep at the same level. Talk about tough.. rarely do we see enough meseta to feed our mags, and I don't know WHEN we'll be able to take out the dragon, but so far so good.

force is good, i didn't even check out the cotumes of the other character types. people are always moaning about this and that, hell sometimes i do, but i think a force is an investment. force is tough to do but rewarding.. feels like i made something good with my lvl25 force offline. i don't know how much respect forces get online now with all the spread needle stuff, but if you look on these threads the forces all seem more laid back and honourable.
    so biggupaya force man!

I've had 3 chars going from pretty much the start (slight obsession of mine). All my chars are at lvl 46 right now (even the force).

Most I can say is heed the post about starting a new force character that was on the board (not sure how far it went down).

Once you can grab a handgun, you should have a good path ahead (better if it's a heart / mind handgun). Of course, I could say that with any type of char... my HUmar and RAmar both use Varista's right now (gotta transfer some stuff between all 3 of my guys still).

I've managed to have my FOnewm solo the dragon on v-hard online at lvl 46 (would've done it at 44, but I kept getting underground rammed, which is instant death for me). With propper planning (and a lot of door hugging), you should do fine with the forces. In online gaming, until you get a tp-draining gun, believe me: you will become burdensome with constant trips to the town to get fluids. I've been all the way through normal and hard online with my force (forest - ruins), and in ruins: zonde, gibarta, and rafoie will be your best friends.

Your first mag should be pumped up primarily in dex and mind (use antiparalysis predominantly and fluids sparingly). You've got a hard road ahead with them, but once you can pick up that gun (I wasn't able to until about lvl 38, but that was a railgun), it'll get a bit lighter, just don't expect quick battles any time soon (takes me over an hour and a half to get through V-Hard Forest with my FOnewm). And never rely too much on the gun if you pick it up. In v-hard, I only use it for it's tp draining, meaning I'm being 'forced' (bad pun) to use nothing but techniques to do real damage. Knowing weaknesses will be a boon to you.

It will pay off at high levels... i have a FOnewearl lv 93 trust me.

That's so cool. Last night I played with Spy and some other people though the entire game on hard, and I found an extra Fire Scepter. It has 0'es all the way. Want it for free?(You won't be able to equip it for a while, but it's nice to have)

PSO Assassin

Actually I disagree with JJ. It pays off at mid levels or even low levels if you have lots of twinked gear and techniques. Prepare to be a little frustrated at very high levels when you realize you're actually significantly better with your soul eater than your spells (and melee combat is of course kind of suboptimal for a spellcasting class) .

Getting the "Ra" spells early in the game really helps out in the exp area. I took the worm out at level 16 with a couple of Rafoie. And just the other day I leveled from 17 to 24 in the mines in only 6 hours of zappin' with Razonde.

You also should have 2 Mags, one for the early lvls up to 40 and the other for 60+. Reason being is that spells tend to be more usefull at the lower levels and youll be much more dependent on Mind. Your Mag should have at least 90+ MST at about lvl30 and your MST maxed at about 40...

From Hard up to VHard spells still work, just that they are more resistable and the baddies have 4x hp. So this is where a Mag focused on Power and Dex becomes more useful.

Just be ready to spend 200+tp for each monster on VHard Ruins. *cries*