Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moderators: This might belong as a Rant, but I really don't know.

Why on earth is the Seat of the Heart quest an online quest? It is single player, it is huge, and it has a plot to it. It should have been offline.

I told people previously that it would probably be online-only because of the Elly costume. I assumed that Version 3 had the same problem as Version 2, that the extended costumes only work offline. In Version 2, that is true. I downloaded "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2" as an offline quest in Version 2, and Sonic appeared as an ordinary, default costume HUmar. So I figured that maybe it was because of this problem (and their laziness not to fix it) that was the reason Seat of the Heart is online-only.

But I was wrong. Version 3 does, in fact, support the "extended costumes" offline in quests. I downloaded Seat of the Heart as an offline downloadable quest, and it works fine. Elly appears correctly. I did the same to the Version 3 "The Tinkerbell's Dog 2", and it works fine also, unlike Version 2.

So why is the quest online?

-- Barubary

Maybe Sega will make it downloadable... later. I doubt it though.

The quest is way too long to play online, though the save feature helped.

Possibly the quest data is too big to fit onto standard memory cards? How many blocks would it take anyway?

And maybe it's a incentive for players to play the game online. Ahh, Sega ploys... ;_;

I just hope Sega has more quests ready which are just as good as the Elly one was in regards of storyline. Seeing the Sue/Kireek path and meeting the people near the end is really something which deserves to be fitted onto PSO as the 'true ending'. ^_^;

So you were able to offline download... lucky...
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

?

No, you can't download any quests for Gamecube...

It doesn't matter either way. The only difference is the monsters will be stronger and you'll be connected to the internet while playing. What's the point in complaining about such a trivial detail anyway?

On 2003-05-07 18:24, IceBlink wrote:
    Possibly the quest data is too big to fit onto standard memory cards? How many blocks would it take anyway?

And maybe it's a incentive for players to play the game online. Ahh, Sega ploys... ;_;

I just hope Sega has more quests ready which are just as good as the Elly one was in regards of storyline. Seeing the Sue/Kireek path and meeting the people near the end is really something which deserves to be fitted onto PSO as the 'true ending'. ^_^;
    The Seat of the Heart quest is 2 files with 16 blocks, one 11 blocks and one 5 blocks.

-- Barubary

On 2003-05-07 18:29, DigitalGekko wrote:
    No, you can't download any quests for Gamecube...
    Only because Sonic Team hasn't put any quests up for download. The game does support this, and it works just fine.

-- Barubary

Junkie of all things Castlevania.

Hmm... can you transfer the quest files to different cards?

Like.. let's say that someone put the files onto a server where you could DL them to a PC and transfer them to a GCN memory card via the USB card... would this work?

I hate getting online just to play the quest...

Rappy Hunter

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, if you have the time to mess around with your comp connected to your GCN. Wasn't it so on the dreamcast internet that you could access sites that weren't designed for the game. (Ex. yahoo.com) I never went online on dreamcast, but what I can do is check with a friend.

I also think that you should be able to go on other sites that arent built into the game, therefore giving programmers the ability to improve the game by putting stuff on a memory card then loading it into the game. I think they should add more costumes, and give more hair types.