Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watashiwa forced me to make one. T_T

Damnit...everyone is right.Those freakin rares are too rare for me to stomach.I have seen people at lv 47 with like...all the rares I've wanted since I played this game.I asked him wheere he got em...he told me he traded em.TRADED EM?!I don't think he has found something better than Sonic Knuckles,Chain Sawd, and some other super rares he supposeldy traded from "a non-duper".I'm lv83...and the only really rare things I found were Double Saber and Photon Claw..if they are even rare anymore...

Booyah!

Veteran Fighter

Guys, you all have a point, and I know how you feel.

Every time I have someone join my game bristling with "legendary items" and sporting 5 rare mags, it gets a bit disheartening.

We've all got our suspicions, and yeah, the guy with 5 egg blasters probably isn't honest, but it's gotten to the point where I don't care anymore.

You know what weapon I use? A Vise. How many of those have you found?

Sure, they're not much less common than Varistas, but you know what? I don't care how rare it is. I love it. It makes me happy for some odd reason, and even if I went online and found 50 ultra-rares today, I'd still be using it tomorrow.

Why? Because the game isn't about the items or maseta. I repeat: It's not about the loot. Unfortunately, it's not much about the story either... To me, it's about fun. I have fun blowing the crap out of DF on a daily basis. (helps me express some frustration in a productive manner) I have fun seeing all of you online. I actually have fun with the little star thing that makes the twinkling sound on the loading screen. (go figure) Sure, the items are nice, and you do get a certain sense of pride when you finally pick up that {insert groovy item here}, but in the end, I don't count my days success on PSO by how many items i found, but by how many new friends I made by the time I left.

GOD DAMNIT DARK KNIGHT IS RIGHT THESE FUCKING RARES ARE SOO HARD TO FIND ITS NOT FUNNY THE BEST I HAVE EVER FOUND IS EITHER A MAG CELL 502 OR MAYBER AND AGIDO THIS IS WHAT MAKES DUPERS GOOD CAUSE THEY GET THE ITEM OUT

I MEAN HOW MANY OF U KNOW A PERSON WHO HAS HEAVENLY PUNISHMENT I KNOW ONE AND HE TRADED FOR IT HE DIDNT FIND IT NO ONE FINDS IT. I THINK I SHOULD AT LEAST FIND ONE SOMEWHAT GOOD RARE LIKE A STAG OR AXE ONCE A WEEK!

OH YEA AND HOW DO U PEOPLE MAKE UR LITTLE LOGOS THAT HAVE U PIC AND EVERYTHIN ON IT THAT IS SOO HARD TO DO?????

Veteran Fighter

I completely agree with Seutekh on his comment. Sure the items can help enhance the game, but the game's as about teamwork, fighting and at the same time being social. I too haven't found very good stuff, but it's the playing with people part that keeps me coming back for more. Not feverishly searching for some item.

Oh neobashi, yer grammer was a lil choppy so I didn't quite catch that. Did you mean how do you get the pictures, or how you make a signature once you have them?

Veteran Fighter

You think finding rares by yourself is hard ? Well last week I was on a roll. I found a Twin Brand in Mines 2 I found a Soul Banish a few days later in Ruins 3 and I had my S-Beats from earlier and I was the man. I was the only Anti cheater/duper who had accomplished something. But Last night I was playing the caves and I found an Ultra mega mega rare Victor Axe. Okay. So I continued playing And when my team was fighting DE ROL LE. The un mentionable happened. FSOD. My screen froze and every thing except the stuff I had equiped was gone. I am now stuck with a twin brand. I feel totally burnt. But if I did it once, I can do it again, and that is the thing that is keeping me going.
    I feel like starting over and deleting >spawn< but I really don't know what to do.

Heh. To all who say the rares are TOO rare, think of it this way: Our perceptions have been wildly altered by all the dupers, etc.

Judging from the reports of what people have found themselves (as opposed to having seen, been given or traded for), I suspect the game was supposed to be more along the lines that during the regular course of the game (beating Dark Falz on all three modes), you statistically may only find three or four rares.

With the huge number of rares in the game, that meant that when you went online, a high-level party may all have a rare or two, but they were likely to be different ones, thereby ensuring the "ooooh, ahhhh" factor.

Tragically, the explosion of duped rare weapons has increased people's expectations to the point where they are annoyed that these rares are NOT given to them on a silver platter, because, after all, everyone else already has one, so why not me?

I'll be hitting level 50 tonight probably, and the only two rares I've found on my own (as opposed to having had them gifted to me by others, or found while "piggybacking") have been a Crush Bullet and a Custom Ray. And while they are cool, I still use my ol' Shot +20 more often, because it does just about as much damage with it's nifty percentages.

There's a reason no one ever finds these so called "super rares."

They aren't in the game, or rather, aren't released yet.

It makes no difference what server you're playing on, they won't appear or drop no matter how long you play. If someone tells you they've found one...I would perceive it as a lie.

Think about it, the ratio of people complaining that they never find anything outweighs the people that actually find something by a HUGE margin. Add to that the fact that people that find something can lie (superiority complex reasons...etc), and that further widens the gap.

I heard from a very reliable source that items such as the Lavis Cannon, Heaven's Punishment, Sonic Knuckles, Psycho Wand...etc were not supposed to exist yet. They were meant to be rewards for future downloadable quests.

So the question pops up, "Why are they in the game now?"

People discover item modifier codes to attain whatever they want, even items not normally accessible yet. Then dupe, dupe, dupe -___-

Let's hope Sega finds a way around this in the sequel. ^___^

ShenRei lvl 92 HUnewearl

There's a reason no one ever finds these so called "super rares."

They aren't in the game, or rather, aren't released yet.

It makes no difference what server you're playing on, they won't appear or drop no matter how long you play. If someone tells you they've found one...I would perceive it as a lie.

Think about it, the ratio of people complaining that they never find anything outweighs the people that actually find something by a HUGE margin. Add to that the fact that people that find something can lie (superiority complex reasons...etc), and that further widens the gap.

I heard from a very reliable source that items such as the Lavis Cannon, Heaven's Punishment, Sonic Knuckles, Psycho Wand...etc were not supposed to exist yet. They were meant to be rewards for future downloadable quests.

So the question pops up, "Why are they in the game now?"

People discover item modifier codes to attain whatever they want, even items not normally accessible yet. Then dupe, dupe, dupe -___-

Let's hope Sega finds a way around this in the sequel. ^___^

ShenRei lvl 92 HUnewearl