Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Allright people, call me just a person who tries to get as many posts in his threads, but here's something I've been thinking about. Just what IS the best character? Speaking RAmars, RAcasts, FOnewms, etc., of course, not which of the characters owned by the PSO world people is the best. So, reply with your boasts about your character type (no stupid "HUcasts r0l3 d00d!" stuff), and maybe your take on a couple of the types. Here's my take on the types:

RAmars: Love 'em. Well...being one. I find when playing as a Hunter, only the really good ones can do enough to be useful. They cast spells too, so they're pretty much a long-range powerhouse that run out of TP faster, but can use their guns instead.

All something-cast chars: I'm sorry, I know a lot of people love their androids, but I just can't stand being one. I feel naked without my resta ready and willing. I played a HUcast for a while, but kept running out of mates so quickly and didn't seem to be much better than a HUmar at that same level.

Forces (all of 'em): Ugh. And ugh some more. It's fun to use such a variety of attacks, but come on! You drain your TP like nothin' at all even when you focus ONLY on MST. And one hit takes about half your HP way, even when you're level 11 in the Forest. Criminy!

HUmars: Love 'em too. They have the spells, so they can weaken a whole gang then slice 'em down like ripe corn. HUcasts may have them in attack power and other stats, but I find my Resta more useful than extra strength.

HUnewearls: Fun. They move damned fast and they attack with quite a bit of style. They're a bit weaker than the HUmars, but it seems they have a better MST, and therefore can rely a bit on spells, then jump on in and kick some ass. Plus, it's damned hysterical to see one of the small newearls with a sword. Hee hee.

Veteran Fighter

I disagree with you on the android characters. Sure, you may not have Resta, but that's not such a problem when you're using a RAcast. Sure, HUcasts need to be up close so they eat up the mates faster, but a RAcast can stand back and blast away at the enemies, picking them off one by one.

True, but I with my Ranger, I find him being beaten around quite a bit, as I rarely snipe. I like to run into battle, fire off some heavy hitting shots to slow down the baddies and skeedaddling before I get hit. Still, I DO get hit, and it's no problem because I just resta and have to restore my TP...rarely, though. Still, I admit it would be easier to be a RAcast rather than a HUcast. Oh, and also *bump*

Its quite fun being a HUcast, in my opinion.
    But I dodge alot, and for some reason, when I equip my Orotiagito, I dont get hit alot when i'm doing y 3 hit combo, even if I'm in the middle on a bunch of Demians. When I try to do that with my Twin Brand, I get stopped before I get my 3rd hit landed...

But I also use tactics, like run around the monsters a few times, then smack em in the back. And it's always fun playing with forces, since they heal me everytime i';m down...

Maybe it's cuz i'm friendly and all.

PSO Assassin

I *lub* playing with casts!

Veteran Fighter

I'm currently playing a HUcast and a HUnewearl.

I'm getting close to maxing all my stats on the 'cast, and I do find the lack of techniques kindof a let down... But I have fun with him anyways. He whoops butt and takes names, and looks good doing it.

The 'newearlis still pretty low lev, but also great. It's one of the best characters in the game IMHO, but then again, there's something to be said for playing the "lower tier" characters.

Props to all you forces out there. You heal me, zap the baddies when they're at my back, and throw on a shifta & deband just for some flavor. Most of you understand you're a supporting character (just like I realize I am due to a lack of techniques) and you're not unhappy about it. I love ya all.

It sounds to me like the only reason you don't like playing as android characters is because you don't conserve items. I play as a Racast, and with dimates, trimates and star atomizers, thats 30 heal items, 20 of which are full health restore items. If I get whacked I don't heal right away, as soon as my health starts gettin low I start using items. Not every hit requires you to heal, so I don't. I only heal when I have to because I need to conserve items. The only times I really wish I could use techniques are when I'm in the ruins on v hard by myself, or when i'm running low on heal items at dark falz, other than that I'm good.

That IS true, I'm a bit less cautious with my Resta at my side. I don't use mates for anything but mag food, though. Still, Resta takes 12 tp, which is easily restored, and in total can provide hundreds of full-heals without counting the fluids I pick up on the levels. Also, new 'casts can't buy Star Atomizers...even if they could afford them, and have to rely solely on monomates at the beginning....ouch.

"The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

You know, I never really have a problem running out of mates being a Hucast. All you need is a need is some good tactics and a sword or long sword. For example, circling around the enemies to get them in a group and then using your sword. Hucasts can also use guns very well, so you can also pick off enemies from afar if you need to. Anyhow, I really get a thrill being up close instead of just blasting away by the door.

I usually play with a Force for my partner so I don't really worry too much about mates. I watch her back and she watches mine. Works very well that way.

Veteran Fighter

"That which does not kill us makes us stranger."

I really wish I could remember where i got that...