Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From what I've heard, all of the new rares (heaven punishment, lavis cannon, sonic knuckles, pan arms, gladiator spike etc) were all actually hacked into the game and not found in a box or off a corpse.

Is this true? Or has anyone actually FOUND one of these items? Since no one can come up with where these are found, I'm starting to believe the hacking rumors.

PSO Assassin

I'm pretty sure pan arms and galdius spike are currently findable in the game... as for the rest...

Perhaps PSO World should do an interview with a Sega PSO rep and see if these items can be legitamitely found yet.

My guess is they'll say they were meant to be released in downloadable quests that haven't been released yet, but managed to be hacked into existance early.

Just from previous knowledge it would be possible to do what you mention if a very very skilled hacker found the code for the items. It's a good question but I doubt Sega would release that kind of information.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Yeah but you wouldn't be able to put new items in the game because, most likely, the textures and models for the weapons are stored on disk. However, if you were good with a hex editor and figured out the PSO_____SYS file you could edit your vmu file to give yourself items. Of course it'd be a lot of trial and error but if you had the time you'd only need to get 1 special item to trade.

PSO Assassin

Actually there was a guy on irc yesterday with a list from a memory dump of every item in the game. He said he and his friend already had a mag editor that could make any mag you wanted, but also they would soon have an editor to give a charcter any specific item in the game.

In order to hack a PSO save, you have to decrypt it first. I actually studied this for a while when I was trying to get my Japanese save to work in the North American version. While I have an idea how one might transfer USA saves between two consoles, actually editing the contents of the save would take too long to crack so I gave up. Both the JPN and USA saves use different encryption keys for the main data. On top of that, the key seems to change with time played and other factors.

There are other much easier ways to hack the game though (without a GS or Xploder or whatever). I wouldn't doubt at least a few of the people finding all these rares would be using one of a couple methods.

In terms of hacking inventory on saves....already been done >

did u happen to save what he said?

PSO Assassin

Actually, no, I didn't log the conversation. It was pretty interesting too -- he was going through the list to see which items hadn't been discovered yet... if I remember correctly there were two that he had never heard of.

Actually what was even more interesting in #pso yesterday was the extraordinarily tolerant attitude a lot of the community has adopted toward duping these days... I think it has a lot to do with the recent high profile character corruptions, item hacking and mass duping making everyone somewhat cynical... but it's really surprising to see some of the once staunch advocates of not cheating, in any form, now promoting duping...