Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ho boy. Let me just start out by asking that this not be moved to the cheater's section, because it's not supposed to be a cheater bashing, it's supposed to make people crack up. Okay, here goes, and this is a true story. I go into the jap ship Lo and into a jap game with my big bad level 59 (yeah, baby) RAmar. (His name is Anrui, by the by) Anyways, I drop in and find that there's two japs along with an english-speaking person. Now, as soon as I drop in he says "Hi, Anrui." And I greet him as well as the other japs before he says. "Anrui, I work for Sega, and we have problems." Now, I'd like to make note that he was wearing a normal green Hunter uniform, his name was Chaser, I believe, and he was level 44. If that doesn't tip you off enough, you need to get a clue. I humored him. "Oh? Like?" And he responded saying "Well, the servers have been having problems due to glitches with rare weapons." *cough* I just said "Mmm-hmm." And he continued, "Well, could you please tell me the rare items you have while i take notes?" Now, I had an urge to go ahead and do it, to see if he'd actually then ask "Can I see them just to check?" But, instead, I asked him a few questions. "Shouldn't you have some sort of special costume or something if you work for Sega?" And he replied with, get this, "Well, techs do, and that's what we've been having trouble with." I continued to play along. "Uh-huh...and is there any reason why you're level 44 and your name isn't rep3983838 or something?" And he made a smiley face and replied "Nope, I just like to play during my lunch break." *cough* So, he again asked for me to name my rare items, and this time I replied. "Oh, yeah, how about I don't?" And he said "Well, then I'll just have to scan your guild card." *cough* I held back the urge to laugh in his face and let him go with it. He began saying "Scanning........." Quite a few times before I said "Well?" And he said "Recieving data......." And then he headed for the hunter's guild building, saying, "Okay, thank you, we'll call you with results." I only snickered and said "Mmm-hmm." Then, just as he was entering the building and headed for the lobby portal, he turned around and said "Anrui..." Now, I'll pause here just so you all can control your laughing, because I don't want anyone falling off their chairs and injuring themselves, because this is sort of the punch line of my story. I said "Mmm-hmm?" And he said...here goes..."I'm going to kill you." *cough* After calming myself from laughing so hard, I replied "Yay!" And he continued, "I know your number, your name, your address." And he headed for the portal. I said in the midst of my laughing, "Yay! Just be careful of the landmines in front of my house." And he was gone. The poor japs...they didn't understand what was going on. It's so sad, though, because they would have been cracking up if they understood English. Sometimes I think the japs miss out on the stupid things us Americans do. Thank you for your time.

I am Bump Man! And I proclaim this thread officially bumped! *bump*

Heh. That was a good one. After he scanned your guild card, I would have asked him to repeat the GC number back to you.

(PS, just a suggestion, you may not want to use the term "jap" in your posts. While some people don't care or might not know about it, the term "jap" has unfortunately been used ever since WWII by some people as a racial insult. I'd suggest making sure to add a period after it ("jap.") to ensure that the random person on the boards is aware that it's simply being used as an abreviation, and not as a racial slur.

Just a suggestion. I've seen it garner lots of other problem on other board.)

Oop, I was just using Jap as a sort of teasing name for Japanese, didn't mean anything slurrish by it. Hope no one took it offensively...Oh, and by the way *bump*

Rappy Hunter

Man I wish I was there . I had a newbie begging for stuff so I told him I had a FECUS mag (derrived from the word Feces). My friends were there with us in the lobby cracking up. So the guy comes up to me and asks me to trade it. And starts following me around the lobby saying his MAG is only lvl 50 and he wanted it badly. So I told him it was an advanced mag that uses smell to defeat enemies. By this time my friends were using the keboard shortcuts (Falling down) to show that they were ROTFL. So eventually I told the kid the truth and he left. My 2 cents

It's so sad, though, because they would have been cracking up if they understood English. Sometimes I think the japs miss out on the stupid things us Americans do.
    Well, they do have "kids" online playing PSO too, just like you Americans. And it would have been much more amusing too if you understood Japanese...

Well, yeah, I'm sure the Japanese do some stupid things too, but I doubt any Japanese person would be dumb enough to try what that guy did. Hell, I doubt anyone but an Amercian would do that. Yeah, yeah, I'm bashing America, but don't take it like I'm saying all Americans suck, because that's simply not true.

<font face=times new roman color=red>lol, what a moron sheesh. <center>

Ratsmack, LMAO. I think the scanning.....part has to be the clincher,. Good story

Well I we notice no more post from you on here, he must have negotiated the mine field huh?

Take Care

FYI there might be some truth to scanning a persons inventory.

I finally gotmyself a a 4X VMU so I can take some screen shots in game.

Last night I wrote a program to convert the raw .DAT file generated by PSO to a BMP, I noticed there is 1536 bytes of debugging information, including the names of people on the server, and what looks to be other data. I have yet to determine what is all means but as I look into it more and more I may just find out that it is indeed an inventory list for everybody.

The first 32-bytes of data are the header, while the next 612 bytes are data, followed by the image itself, followed by more data.

I'll look into it further and see if I can confirm this. I'd like to know what that data is and if/when I figure it out, I'll be sure to let everyone know!!