I was just wondering, how exactly is it calculated?

Level has an influence on the damage. However, I don't know if the MST stat has anything to do with the damage a technique gives.

There's a guide around here somewhere on this... Found it! Spell class breakdown of each tech.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icles&secid=14

Wow, great guide. It doesn't seem to explain how MST is factored in though. Can anyone explain please?

Yeah according to the guide, there is no dependance at all on MST for the power of the tech. For instance using the provided formula for a lvl 30 Rafoie, you get 21*(30-1)+370 = 979, which is the value stated in the table.

Well, we know that in reality this is not the case, and we aren't being told the whole formula.

Damage of techs increases as your MST increases, when you lvl up you do slightly more, and you can also check it out by testing your damage against a given enemy type before/after gobbling some mind mats...

My guess is you must be an old diablo player (like myself)used to jarulf's guide where all is revealed, and people in the community do all sorts of research into exactly what is going on with the game....

Seems this is all we have to go on for PSO, and
    btw , the formulas given here are all the same as (and i assume were found in) the versus guide, which tends to in general gloss over alot of what i would deem important information....

There has to be something out there. How can they leave people in the dark like that.

the formula is

(Tech level power + mst) / 5 x weapon bonus x guard bonus x character bonuses x (1 - resistance /100 of enemy)

or

(mst + power) / 5x (100 - tolerance of enemy) %

these spells have a fixed effect per level:

megid anti shifta deband jellen zalure

megid's success ratio of every level depends on the dark resistance of every enemy.

we were thinking of doing a technique calculator.

I've been going over this equation with a friend, and either we're adding it up wrong, or there's something wrong with the equation. Can someone give an example of how to properly use this equation?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2003-05-20 04:55 ]</font>

bumpy

you took everything in? enemy's elemental resistance, chara-, weapon-, merge-techboosts? any mindboosts?