I just got an email back from Sega Europe's consumer service, stating that the servers will not be connected after all (after being told the exact opposite three weeks ago). According to Sega Europe, this was Microsoft's decision.
    That means: PAL version only on Euro servers, NTSC/US only on American servers, NTSC/J version only on Japanese servers. No playing with your friends if they happen to live in a different region.
    I started an online petition some time back, but given the track record of online petitions, I guess it will be far more effective to call MS customer service and complain about it.
    When you call MS, make sure the operator registers your complaint. That way it will be sent to a superior automatically who supposedly will get back to you. If enough people bug them, it might be possible to get this changed for the better. (This might require your Xbox to be registered.)
    1-800-4MY-XBOX for US/Canada Puerto Rico
    Check .www.xbox.com (the pulldown on the right top) for the phonenumber in your country.

i dont see that happen to work, but good luck anyway...

Um.....this was announced in Febuary man. And it's better cuz' what are you gonna do play with JP players and try to speack Japanese? what about germans, italians etc. we barely know their language. So this makes sense.

On 2003-05-15 06:35, BionicPatriot wrote:
    Um.....this was announced in Febuary man. And it's better cuz' what are you gonna do play with JP players and try to speack Japanese? what about germans, italians etc. we barely know their language. So this makes sense.
    Have you read the manual? There's something called WORD SELECT. When you use WORD SELECT, the phrase is automatically translated to adjust to one's language setting. Why do you think they've connected the servers to EU and JP servers on GC PSO and DC PSO? *kicks in the head*

A petition? Against Micro$$$$$oft? HA HA HA HA! Good one! This guy's gonna go against MICROSOFT!! Ahhh...that's rich...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-15 06:50 ]</font>

old school fanatic

On 2003-05-15 06:35, BionicPatriot wrote:
    Unlike American's the majority of the people in the world speak more than 1 language. Most of the people I know in Europe speak more than 2. So, 'we' may barely know their language but a ton of them know ours. And yes, there's always word select.

Word select to me is stupid. It would defeat the whole purpose of voice chat. So I say keep it like it is.

On 2003-05-15 08:12, BionicPatriot wrote:
    Word select to me is stupid. It would defeat the whole purpose of voice chat. So I say keep it like it is.
    If you read the first post, it's talking specificially about EU servers not being connected with US servers, before about everything else.

Since for the most part, people in Europe and the UK specifically tend to be able to speak English either as a first language, second language, or more rare, third or fourth language, there really wasn't much point to making it so EU players can only play with other EU players.

I think Xbox PSO won't be very popular when it's finally released/already released in Europe...