Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultimate Mines are giving me a bastard of a time. I'm not daring to go in there untill I find my Yasha (which means I'm running through Ultimate Forest, Caves, and VR Temple for awhile). I'm Level 111 and I'm kinda being more edged on Power and Defense with my HUcasey. What's the trick to discombobulate those near-perfect equilibrium-blessed Gillchichs? I'm fine with those other enemies, though...

At earlier levels, 50% hit Vulcans will take you a long way in Ultimate Mines. Melee with those Chichs is just asking for it.

Yeah, right. I melee'd them in Version 2 and this should be no different. Then again, I was using a HUnewearl. C'mon, there's gotta be a way besides using those lousy traps and Vulcans.

Oh, and Vulcans also ask for it. I'm not going to get shot down.

You still stand a better chance to knock Gilchichs down with Vulcans than with a slow and overrated twin sword like Sange & Yasha. If you were going to melee, at least use something with speed like a twin saber type.

And if you weren't going to use traps, why pick a HUcaseal?

the mechgun classes are the way to go if you're playing single player. but if you don't like guns, the next best is a double saber. i use my demolition comet instead of mechguns for mobility. the trick isn't to deal out as much damage as possible, but to deal as many hits as possible

On 2003-05-03 12:06, Jae wrote:
    And if you weren't going to use traps, why pick a HUcaseal?
    I'm not going to go back and forth between the Mines and Pioneer 2. Those traps are very important for me. I need to use them when it's required (bunches of Gillchichs, Canane rings, Sinows, Baranzes).

I agree that Hit Vulcans are fine, but even when there's only 2 or 3 Gillchichs, there's always that chance that one or two Gillchich will aim and fire (a laser).

get urself a magic stone iritsa and make urself a rainbow baton with hit %'s and machine %' s if possible....itll be your lifesaver.......especially when you want EXP online and everyone else kills everything....keep it up .and keep it real

Well I don't seem to have a very hard time in the mines. I'm a HUcaseal. I started playing there at level 119 and had no problems. I'd recommed that you get hit vulcans (because getting close to anything there is a bad idea) and 2 or 3 PB/Generates. You have enough traps to get you through a good portion of the mines (if you use them correctly) before you run out. There are healing rings in both levels placed close to the end. Also, the fire traps are good for the groups of canabins

i had problems with melee weapons up until lvl 130 or so in mines. even ruins where easier. so i used a good % raygun (0 0 50 45 35) or a varista for them and switched to srank twin for sinow and garanz. as hunewearl by the way.
    things changed after i found a demo comet with 0 20 40 20 - really nice one.

what i want to say... go back to range fighting. guns or mechguns will clean up with them (although good hit%-mechguns sound good, i'd say a raygun or nice varista is better because you dont have the 1 second stand still after the animation and can dodge the gilchichs laser better)

anyway good luck

When I attemp to attack em they dont even twitch.