The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

Author's Notes:Due to response from my poll, Here's a special 1 part fanfic that I've been waiting for a few days to post. Here's some background information on the fic itself.

This fanfic is placed several months after "Back From The Abyss", in a time where Mike had finally used the information given to him from Morgan (in the epilogue of Abyss), to oust Tyrell from office, in the general elections, to become the new colonial governor.

So, without further ado, here's my 1 part short, entitled:

Their Lives Work
    a Phantasy Star Online Fanfiction
    by
    M_BlackHawk

"Rhiana," Mike BlackHawk asks, "Are you sure that we've absolutely got to be at this? I've had to rearrange my schedule for the next 3 days to get this evening out of the office. I was supposed to meet with the City council of Pioneer City."

"They can wait," Rhiana Michelle BlackHawk answers, "this is a very important affair and you can't miss it."

"Mike," Lara tells her husband, "Is it too much to ask to spend some time with our old friends? These are people we've risked our lives with on a good number of occasions. It's not like the city council would do the same. Now get your tux on. We'll be waiting here."

Another hour passes and Mike finally gets downstairs, where he's met by his wife and 2nd daughter. They walk out of the house and to their vehicle, where their driver, Mike's bodyguard, Necron, guides the vehicle to the convention center, where the BlackHawks are met by Jessica and her fiance, Xander McAllister. Also standing with them is Daxion Angelus. Daxion notices Rhiana and his jaw drops.

"You look," he begins, but goes speechless for a moment, "Wow. That's all I can really say." Rhiana just blushes a little before taking Daxion's arm and going into the convention center.

Mike and Lara just look at each other, both thinking the same thing: "They remind me of us back when we were dating."

The family proceeds toward the entrance, followed by Mike's 2 other bodyguards, Striker and Cajun. The retired hunter turned governor looks back at them. "Guys," he explains, "I don't think anyone will try anything in a room full of hunters who just happen to be my old friends."

"Maybe," Cajun answers, "But it is our job to protect you. And besides, we're hunters, and friends, too."

"Point well taken," Mike replies, "Come on, guys. Tonight, don't worry about guarding me. Just have fun."

Cajun grins, "You got it, Mike."

Inside, a few other friendly faces meet the family. This time, it's Diego, Seifer and Amelia Angelus. Seifer shakes Mike's hand, then asks, "Ok, Mike. Daxion keeps telling me how important this is, and now you show up. What's going on?"

"Wish I knew, Seif," Mike responds, "Rhiana was just as adamanat about me adjusting my schedule to get here. Jessica even called to make sure we were coming."

"Oh well. It could be worse," Diego tells the family, "We've not been out without being in a fight for our lives in a long time. Just enjoy the night."

The group finds their seats in the VIP section of the convention center, where the awards presentations are already going on. Several different hunters are awarded either for their works on different cases, or for their personal styles. Daxion, Rhiana and Jessica are recognized for their work in taking down Dark Force, as well as a memorial shown on a video wall, to the hunters who fell in defense of Pioneer City. The last presenter then comes up to the podium. It's Lara's old friend, Severance 7. The scarlet RAcaseal checks the mic, then begins to speak.

"Usually, the Lifetime Achievement Award in the Hunter's Guild is given out Posthumously," she explains, "Tonight, we have several recipients who are still alive to tell the tale. That, in and of itself is quite an achievement. However, these hunters have made a name for themselves in this business as, not only, the best hunters in the business, but also as heroes."

Several images flash behind Severance 7, showing off different battles. "Over the years, these hunters have been involved in many different missions of differing degrees of difficulty. Whether it be assisting in taking down a criminal organization like Black Paper, or facing those who would destroy everything in this world, or even defending Pioneer City from the rampaging minions of Dark Force while their children face the demon itself." Behind her shows images of Mike, Diego and Seifer finding several missing hunters in the caves, then scenes from battles with demons, Shade Stalker, Master and the monsterous minions of Dark Force.

"Not only have they been the best hunters in the business," Severance 7 concludes her speech, "But they've also been the best friends, too. I can remember when I was out of commission for a while. They assisted me with the cost of repairs. For that, I am grateful. These two families have put others before themselves on numerous occasions, and now, the Hunter's Guild recognizes them with this award. Come on up, Mike and Lara BlackHawk, and Seifer, Amelia and Diego Angelus."

The two families look right at each other, while Rhiana, Daxion and Jessica just smile. Mike, Lara, Seifer, Diego and Amelia head up to the podium and accept their awards. "Governor BlackHawk," Severance says, "Would you mind saying a few words?"

"Not at all, Sev," Mike answers, "Esteemed comrades and my old friends, it warms my hear to stand here before you, not only as the new governor of our colonies, but as a man who has survived the numerous battles that are synonimous with being a hunter. We've faced a lot together, and the fact that we have lived to tell the tale is remarkable, in and of itself. Actually, there are some that have done just as much as we have, but are more worthy of this award. Those such as my old friend Davion, who has faced a lot more than we have over the years, and suffered greatly for his survival and sanity, yet kept fighting on to make sure that we all live to see another day. For all you who put your lives on the line every single day, I say this. Keep up the good work, and if you ever need help, call the BlackHawks. We'll be there."

Seifer is next to step up with Diego and Amelia at his sides. "I just don't know what to say," he begins, "I really wish Davion could be here with us right now, but due to unforseen circumstances, he's not here. We're honored to be receiving this award, and frankly, a bit shocked. Daxion, I have no idea how you pulled the wool over our eyes this time. We're here if you all need us, guys. Keep up the good fight, and always try to pass your knowledge and experience on to the next generation. That way, the mistakes of the past won't be repeated."

"At least not by us," Galveris yells from his seat at the VIP table. Mike and Seifer both have to laugh at that comment.

"I'm working on that little problem, too, Galveris," Mike reminds the HUcast.

The Hunters spend the rest of the night talking and dancing the night away. This is a night to remember their friends, comrades and allies. To celebrate the fact that they've made it another year. Much later, as the party is winding down, Lara looks over at her daughter, Rhiana, and notices something different on the FOmarl's left wrist. She gives Rhiana a nod, before looking out the window of their vehicle, speeding back to their home.

You should do more of those stories, M_Blackhawk. It's really relaxing to read them. It's funny but, I'm happy for the Blackhawks, after all they been trough, I think they really deserve the life they have now (body guards, financiale security, but most importantly, good friends to count on

Wielder of Divine Might

Nice little fic there, BlackHawk. I love how it reads and flows. I look foward to seeing what else you come up with in the future, and I'll help where I can.

Wandering Knight

Cool fic it is a nice change how there is no death or destruction just a relaxing time with friends.

Keep it up!