PSO Ass.....-assin

I'm posting this for a friend, since for whatever reason, he can't create an account at PSOW.

My problems connecting with DSL are getting out of hand. Two things occur when I get online with DSL.

1. Eventually, without question, I will end up disconnecting, which never happened on cable.

2. When I disconnect, I do not go to the save screen. Instead, I get a black screen that doesnt go away (BSOD), so I have to turn off the console, losing all unequipped items. This doesnt happen every once in awhile, it is guaranteed to happen every time I disconnect.

As you can see, these problems are pretty bad, and I was hoping anyone who knows how to solve them can help me. Thanks.
    This is a pain in the ass, because when I play with him, he disconnects a lot. (And then loses shit since it BSOD's after he presses Start at disconnect screen, what the hell?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Typical PPPoE problem with pso, only way to fix it is to either use internet connection sharing or a router. These will make his connection a DHCP one which is the same as cable and also why he had no problems using cable.