Hello,
    I have a broadband modem adapter for my gamecube. How do I hook it up to my road runner connection? Do i just hook it up to the ethernet cable or through my computer or what? and can I run my computer and my gamecube on th same connection?

Hmm, let's see... OMG I got too many wait...

Yeah, you can use your computer while playing pso.
    And yes all you need to do is plug in the ethlet cable in the gamecube...
    Very easy, and make sure that your computer connection works fine because my friend bought a broadband adapter and his connection was bad so he bought that adapter for nothing =(
    But that was just because he hasn't got a computer so he didn't know that the connection was wierd...

you can if you have a router best you can get is a four port router simple I have a plug and play one all i had to do was choose the automatic DHCP and i am able to be on the net and pso at the sametime with out tieing down the phoneline

i did the same thing i connected it to my modem and then after seting up the network configuration i tried to get a hl but when i tried it the was a connection error it said"please check to ensure that the correct cable is connected to the broadband adaptor." so i did i checked if the cables were in etc etc but it STILL waon't work it keeps coming up with that error message. any suggesttions?

Are you using a direct cable or a crossover? You can tell the difference between the cables by looking at both ends and comparing the colorcoded wires inside. A direct cable will be the same on both ends whereas a crossover will have the pairs changed. You most likely will need a direct non-crossover cable. Crossover cables are usually only used in PC-to-PC purposes, such as creating a direct LAN between two computers for exchanging files or playing head-to-head games. A direct cable is used mainly for connecting a PC or gamesystem to a router.

i talked to some ppl at nintendo they said i might have a faulty bb adaptor. i just got it today so if that's true im pissed about that

Phanatic

NonononoNO!
    You need a Crossover cable for your GameCube. Anything else(Patchable) won't work.

Phanatic

At the same store you got your patchable version. You can try a computer shop. I think that most carry network cables.