It's your choice depending how much you actually melee. With your lvl 30 Shifta, it wouldn't be a bad combo. Just keep in mind that you want at least 90 luck if you want to do this, anything less is a waste of mats IMO

Wielder of Divine Might

4 God ability units would raise all the stats by 90, that would max your luck and raise your power as well as mind.

i use a FOmar and he can melee better than a HUmar (and obviously use techs better) so i'm going to use 40 sumthing more LUCK mats then finish off w/ lots of MIND mats because it's alot easier to be a melee FOmar if u don't need to worry about going oom

I have noticed that when luck is maxed the chances of you causing a critical hit to the enemy increase greatly. So if you are going to use a Force to melee with I would say, yes. Max your luck. A FO needs all the help they can get when it comes to physical combat.

im planning on maxing my FOmars luck... The critical hit rate will be needed for him to become godly O_O I'm almost half way there and already level 106! Oh god..... I hate luck materials.....

If you're going melee then yes. Just be prepared to spend a lot of time either looking or trading. Luck mats are hard to come by.

On 2003-06-20 15:56, Davion wrote:
    4 God ability units would raise all the stats by 90, that would max your luck and raise your power as well as mind.
    4 God/Ability unit boosts Luck by 80, making you only need to down 5 Luck materials to max. They also boost ATP, DFP, EVP, and MST by 80 total, as well as ATA by 8.

I would strongly recommend you max it for any melee character.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."