Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FSOD Count: 13. Yay,1&2+! XairEn's Avatar

*Kicks AOL*

Oh. Here is my very first fanfic. There's very little plot as to what the whole story is about in this chapter, but it's the only chapter I have fully written out. BTW, I don't have a title for it yet, so in the later chapters, please help me out.

R&R!

<|BEGIN CHAPTER ONE|>

I had finally caught up with it, the majestic Pioneer 2, savior of the people of Coral, the "Home Planet," after 1.4376 years of traveling in a cramped ship. Among the many hunters on board there were soldiers, scientists, civilians, doctors, and many other people among the thousands upon millions of people enlisted for its voyage. I was one of them, a human by the name of Xair En, or at least I would be if it weren't for one of the many recent power outages on the Home Planet and my exceptionally bad memory. I woke up late that morning, forgot about it for two days, and then I had to pilot my small, slow, two-person, travel class starship to the Pioneer 2. By the way, Im not a good pilot...

I sped across the side of the enormous ship, requesting permission to dock as I did so. After I received permission from a gruff sounding male, I attempted docking procedures. There were minor injuries, but no casualties (I told you I was a bad pilot...). After paying fines and getting the key to my quarters, I left to see a "Principal Tyrell" about a Guild Card and a Hunter's License. I ported to the Hunter's Guild nearest to Principal Tyrell's office, yet I was surprised to see that almost nobody was there. I saw no hunters whatsoever, just civilians and workers. I walked out of the Guild, toward the green short distance transporter when I heard some people port behind me, in the Hunter's Guild. I quickened my pace to a gentle...jog, I suppose...trying to reach the port before anyone noticed that I hadn't received a Guild Card or Hunter's License. I warped up and walked down the long corridor toward the table at the end.

"Who are you and what is your business here?" said the person behind the table.

"My name is Xair En and I wish to see a Principal Tyrell about a Guild Card and a Hunters License..." I replied, my voice trailing off at the end of my sentence.

"I was expecting you, Xair En. According to the civilian report, you weren't on the ship when we took off.? He turned around in his chair. "What class are you willing to work as?"

"I'm seeking a position as a ranger, sir."

"Quite brave..." His voice trailed off.

"Excuse me, sir, what did you mean by that?"

"I meant that there haven't been that many rangers to sign up, mostly hunters."

"Oh. I see." He held up two small disks and opted for me to move over and grab them. I walked forth and grabbed the disks he held. I hurriedly loaded them into my arm adorned CPU. As I did so, the blank spot on the chest of my black suit lit up as a bright pink symbol appeared there.

"There you go," said Tyrell. "You can leave for Ragol two days after we arrive. No sooner." With that, he dismissed me. I walked back down the corridor, checking out my status on my APC (Arm-adorned Personal Computer) and realized my years of training to be a Ranger may have paid off.

I ported back to the? one big room. I'm still not sure what it's called. Anyway, I ported back to the docks to pick up my equipment, items, and the last of the meseta I could scrounge up from my apartment. "I'm gonna have to cut back for a while..." I warped back to the Hunter's Guild as it's the only place in that area that you can semi-medium range warp to. I walked out of the Guild and saw some HuMars and HuNewearls standing near my destination, the Check Room (more like Check Area). I walked over and listened to their conversation as I deposited meseta and not currently required yet still needed items.

"I can't wait till we get to Ragol. The people on Pioneer 1 said it was a paradise," said a short, orange haired HuMar wearing a blue suit.

"Yeah, they said that the Central Dome, the East Wing, and the North Wing were fully operational. I don't think I'll be able to stand it here on the 2 comfortably any more. We've already been traveling for almost one and a half years," replied a tall, black haired HuNewearl in a showy red suit.

"Yeah," said a tall, black haired HuMar in a black suit. "Yet, I wonder why they made us wait four years before sending out the 2 if they made such fast progress. The message probes take about two months to travel to Coral, so that means that they had the Central Dome fully operational after one and a quarter years after they landed. Why make us wait?"

The first HuMar started to speak, but he noticed me and opted for he and his "posse" to warp to the civilian quarters. I started wondering why they made us wait and ported to my own room.

<|END CHAPTER ONE|>

Hope you liked it. R&R means Read and Review. Please do so.

*Kicks AOL again*

I loved your fanfic! heres my reveiw:

Storyline - 9/10
    A well described surrounding with an evironment that gives a bit of surspence to the story...

Spelling - 8/19
    Mostly fine spelling but has faults such as HuMar should be: HUmar

Vocabulary - 10/10
    Worthy of praise, the vocabulary is OUTSTANDING! It describes the setting using several different words that tie in with ragol/pioneer2 perfectly!Wonderful, I could praise it permenantly if I didn't have computer games to play!

Over***: 27/30!
    Everything about this story has good potential! And it is definently undermined by people who have read it!

*Kicks AOL yet again*

Here's chapter two. R&R.

<|BEGIN CHAPTER TWO|>

1.5624 Years Later

The Pioneer 2 had finally reached it?s long awaited destination, Ragol, at the right ETA. All the passengers were extremely hopeful about being able to meet back with their beloved, the current inhabitants of Ragol. As the communications link was being set up, I was counting the meseta I had attained doing simple jobs from the Hunter's Guild like helping wives make their husbands stop wasting money and such. The comm. link was made and the people rejoiced...until IT happened. The largest explosion ever to occur in the history of Coral or the Coralians (until Coral exploded itself, that is) occurred. All on the Pioneer 2 were either worried or afraid. There was only chaos on the "almighty savior of the Home Planet" as they watched their new home become a wasteland for the wild.

I couldn't quite comprehend the situation or my feelings at the moment. First there was worry, then fear, then a jumble of emotions that probably didn't quite exist yet. I went straight to the principal's office, which was a longer trip than it sounds due to the civilians in the area trying to see, figure out, and assess the situation. As soon as I got there, there was a report that all Hunters were to attend a conference in the Conference Room and I promptly ported there as soon as I could. I saw that quite a large number of Hunters had gotten there before me. The Principal waited a few minutes to the last of the Hunters to warp in.

"As you may have heard or seen, there has been a terrible energy-based explosion on the surface of Ragol," he said, and he was replied by a few "Duh"s and some "What happened?"s. "Well, we aren?t sure of what happened, but that's why I have called you all here for. You have all been enlisted to search Ragol for survivors and the cause of this explosion. If you discover anything, you are to report it straight to me."

We were dumbstruck. Us, simple Hunters, enlisted to work on a military level mission? It was so strange, nay improbable that we would be the very first told to work on this. I doubt the soldiers have been asked to work on this mission yet.

"You will be allowed to warp down to Ragol as of tomorrow. You are warned not to bring any civilians to the surface until the cause of the explosion has been discovered, studied, and, if required, eliminated. Before you leave for Ragol, you may receive some equipment and extra meseta at the Check Room. You are dismissed."

We all ported down torward the Check Room to receive our equipment and, thankfully for me, some meseta. As I walked torward the Check Room, I noticed a peculiar brown haired HUmar in a black suit that had red spots on it. His long hair was tied into a ponytail. On his chest, I noticed a yellow symbol. He turned to me and said, "Pinkal" Gotta suck to be you."

"Eh, it's not that bad, really. I don't understand why people would think it sucks," I replied.

"Cuz it's pink, dummy. Why else?" he queried.

"Point taken. I'm Xair En," I said. "What's your name?"

"David, nice to meet ya." He told the woman at the counter his name and received a Saber, a Frame, and a Mag. "Well," he said as he turned to me, "See ya later."

"You too," I said as I walked up to the counter.

"Name," said the woman.

"Xair En."

"Class," she said absentmindedly as she flipped through her magazine.

"RAmar." She put some items and some meseta on the counter and went back to her magazine. I left, wondering what the heck a Mag was. I ported to my apartment and started poking the Mag.

"OW!" I yelled after it bit my finger. "That...thing bit me!" I tossed an item box at it, and then stared in amazement as it danced around happily. "Hmm... so you eat items, huh?" I tossed a monomate at it. It ate it and beeped a few times, then stopped. I walked over to it and fed it a monofluid. It beeped again, but this time it had a yellow ring around it for a few seconds. I tried another monofluid, but it wouldn't eat it. "Must be full, huh?" It danced around for a bit then stopped. "Oh well. We've got a busy day tomorrow, my friend." With that I went to sleep.

<|END CHAPTER TWO|>

Hope you liked it. R&R still means Read and review. Please do so.

*Kicks AOL* Stupid... Oh... See you later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XairEn on 2003-06-22 03:35 ]</font>

BUMP!

Chapter three is coming soon.

R&R!
    ---
    Stealing should be legal so long as you say "YOINK!"
    ---
    Poke!
    ---
    Love is a fire, but whether it will warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
    There and back again: playing PSO on and off and on and off for years now and I don't plan on ever fully stopping.

Bloomin good! Keep it up!

hurry with the new chapter!!! this is realli fun to read!

*Kicks AOL* Huh? Oh, on with the update!

<|BEGIN CHAPTER THREE: DOWN TO...RAGOL|>

I woke up early that morning to get a head start on the other hunters. I recharged my Master's Blaster+30 while I equipped the rest of my stuff. I woke up my Mag, and when I did it flew up to my shoulder. "You're strange... oh well. I... I mean we, have to get to the long distance transporter before everyone else wakes up." I kicked the Handgun and Frame that the lady at the Check Room gave me out of the way and picked up my weapons of choice as I left for the port to the Guild. Well... all I can say is that the Guild was so crowded with Hunters that I couldn't move much after I warped. I pushed my way to about 30FT and 16 Hunters away from the Ragol 'porter. We waited for a few half hours until the soldiers blocking the way finally moved and unlocked the door.

"One party at a time, only one group of Hunters every 37 seconds," the soldiers were telling us over and over again. "Please remain behind the door until it's you or your groups turn!" they exclaimed as they pushed us back. "Wait your turn!"

Three minutes later, I finally was able to use the warp. However unfortunate it seemed, I was only able to go to the Forest. I ported down, and I was amazed at how beautiful the area was. I stepped off the warp and looked around. There was only foliage as far as the eye could see. I walked forward; pushing away the tree leaves as I went. After ten feet of walking, I noticed something quite out of the... I guess you could call it ordinary... anyway, I saw a fully working mechanical door. I jogged to it and it opened itself automatically, as if I were standing on a pressure pad. I walked through the door cautiously, and then heard a growl. I turned toward the sound immediately, fast enough to see some sort of Ragol native coming out of the ground. I pulled out my Blaster and shot at it. Once, twice, and it was down. I heard more growls. I turned to my left a bit and saw three more walking at me with vicious looks on their faces. I pulled out my Crush Bullet and shot at these. I took three sots to get rid of them all. More growls, and, unbelievably, ten of them came at me. The red menaces all had the same sharp toothy grin. I shot as fast as I could, attempting to remove them from the realm of life. The more I shot down, the more that came after me. I shot down as many as I could without letting them get too near to me. I was almost animal fodder when out of nowhere came a hail of fireballs. The fireballs slaughtered some of them, but the ones that weren't killed seemed angrier. Half of them went after the producer of the fireballs, while the others were content in attacking me. I kept shooting as much as I could, until the odd assailants knocked me unconscious.

<|END CHAPTER THREE: PART ONE|>

Sorry I didn't put the rest up. I put up as much as I had before AOL f-ed up for a day. Wouldn't let me on, you see. *Kicks AOL* Anyway, R&R. You know what it means.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XairEn on 2003-06-28 07:56 ]</font>

very good, finish the rest soon

--I know what you did last summer.

I'm not gonna be at my comp for most of the day. Sorry that I don't have anything new to post. Review what I have, please.
    There and back again: playing PSO on and off and on and off for years now and I don't plan on ever fully stopping.

This is wicked!