Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Written by WeinerTrick at http://forum.gamecohr.com/ (Source):

The Only Percent that Truly Matters is HIT.

Back on Sega Dreamcast if you have a 60 percent weapon you were a demigod, and could kill in a single blow.

NOT TRUE ON GCN.
    With Aura I beefed her 20 percent on machine Meteor Cudgel to 100, and guess what?

It did a whopping 50 points more damage than it used to.

I tried the same on other stats.

Still minimal damage increase.

PERCENTS DO NOT MATTER!! They make it so you do an extra 150 damage or so per combo, which does HELP, but it doesn't make or break a character!!

I've spent all day argueing with clueless morons and supposed elites about this, and only the true masters of PSO GCN know this.

Don't whine about Percents, just laugh at the fools for believing it makes or breaks thier character.
    What do you think about this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-06-26 16:02 ]</font>

Wielder of Divine Might

Oh no not weinertrick. That guy has some issues. He sent me all sorts of hatemail telling me how much my fic sucked after he was banned.

And the percent issue is much better on GC now. The %s only effect your weapon's power added onto your base so it's not taking 60% of your total power anymore.

Lol, and what's funny about that is that 50 points is still a pretty good increase.

if you really want to see how it works, try the damage calculator. i think i've said that 100 times

Blue Harmony

Lol, and what's funny about that is that 50 points is still a pretty good increase.
    Well, it's a far cry from the 3000+ points of damage the lamers were used to do on the DreamCast, so they cry ^_^ (Using 60 to 180% weaps back then)

On 2003-06-26 16:11, Davion wrote:
    Oh no not weinertrick. That guy has some issues. He sent me all sorts of hatemail telling me how much my fic sucked after he was banned.
    I'm sorry davion. I don't know why he even did that, but I'm sorry that happened. I like your fan fic!

On 2003-06-26 16:17, LollipopLolita wrote:
    if you really want to see how it works, try the damage calculator. i think i've said that 100 times
    I feel your frustration, believe me.

Wielder of Divine Might

On 2003-06-26 16:35, Getintothegame wrote:
    On 2003-06-26 16:11, Davion wrote:
    I'm sorry davion. I don't know why he even did that, but I'm sorry that happened. I like your fan fic!
    Don't worry about it, I actually liked the fact that he chose to do that to me. (SUCK THAT IF YOU'RE READING THIS WeinerTrick!)

You like my fic? I don't think I've seen you post. Thanks alot.

Back to %s. Yeah I know what you mean, saffaya. Even my lowly flowen's swords with 60 ruins dealt amazingly high damage. I do like the fact that they changed it.

%s are weaker, but a weapon that adds 800+ atp (tsu jsword, black king bar) with 100% is still doing a lot more damage than it used do. Its not double damage, but its pretty close if the hunter isnt that strong to begin with (1000 or so base atp)

As the damage calc shows and other posts say, weapon % only increases the % bonus of the weapon.

So it is good on things that have a high ATP boost, like say.... a Sange & Yasha pair of katana's with
    + 640-650 ATP (Avg 645).

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...1&sortby=class

Now, with 50% to dark they would behave like they are 322 ATP more than that, or an average of +967 ATP

This would equal
    (322)/5
    * 0.9 = 58 more damage per regular hit
    * 1.7 = 109.5 more damage per strong hit

If you had the same 50% to say, a red mechgun:
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...8&sortby=class

with a base of only +50 ATP, The 50% would only yield +25 ATP

which is about +4.5 regular damage and +8.5 strong hit damage.

photon % increases are really only good for high damage weapons like swords, sabers, rifles, and not good for low ones like mechguns, partisans, and slicers.

Shifta however affects your base ATP (and not the weapon ATP) so it's damage boost is a constant + for all weapon types. +200 damage from shifta on a rifle is also +200 from shifta on a shot...

Hey wassup Rhete. First time seeing you in a long time. Astra's still trying to beat the greatest force ever, eh? I remember playing with ya (along with Sylvia, Lain, etc etc) back on DC.

Anyways, back to the topic, I don't know about what he said is even that valid. I do find that finding good %'s to be less common, then back in the DC days. Then again, I played mostly online back then, and finding good stuff period is much better online. I've been stuck offline since I got PSO. I think ST somehow (kinda sorta) balanced it out with the adding %'s quest. Just makes hunting for Photon Drops that more critical.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-06-26 21:33 ]</font>