Ok, the turn your PC into a server for playing PSO site is back up. I took it down to try to get the stupid FrontPage extensions working on it but it didn't work--oh well.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about basically it's a guide that walks you through setting up a PC to share its broadband connection with the Dreamcast thru the DC's 56k modem. The address is:
    http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/

Sorry I haven't been to quick to respond to everyone's e-mails. There have been a lot of them. For those having problems getting the timing down for connecting the DC and PC, I updated the guide with a different approach to timing it right.

I've had problems with FOrces, for some reason they don't move on my screen. This may or may not happen with other characters, I don't know. This is probably due to another port being used that needs mapping. I'll try to troubleshoot this today; I didn't want to fuck with it yesterday since I kept hearing stories about the PSO servers fucking up all day. I'll let you guys know when I update the site with the fix.

Also I've tried QIIIA with this method and it just freezes up after it gets connected. I don't know what's up with that. And NBA2k1 is being a bitch too. Haven't tried NFL2k1 yet, tho.

P.S. Thanks for those of you who've been helping out with the tech support, and thanks for all the positive feedback!

Peace

Ok I think I found the problem, I played a game and the PSO server was using port 40975, which was just outside the range of ports I said to map. The site has been updated with a new recommendation for the port mapping: map the range 40000-41999.