View Poll Results: I hate dupers. Full stop. I don't like them because my theory on FSOD is because the servers are

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like dupers, the make me strong!!!

14 28.57%
  • Dupers suck balls......

20 40.82%
  • *cough cough*

15 30.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

I hate dupers. Full stop. I don't like them because my theory on FSOD is because the servers are being overloaded with fake items. If you are a duper, post it here, so I may violently grill you, with hot tar and bunny rabbits. Or maybe I will pour you in pig excretions and burn you with my lyrical dissing skills. Did I mention i don't particularly like dupers? Post here about my theory, thanks, bye.

*tank*

Lieutenant Colonel of the 6th Armored Division

The only way I see duping good for me is backups besides that duping sucks.

I dupe backups for myself because of FSOD that ate 30+ LEGIT RARES while I was trading!!! WHY ME!?!?!

)'=

You don't need to hate dupers because of that theory, since it's wrong. Glitches happen to all servers, reguardless of what they hold. Game information, credit card numbers, criminal records, anything. I believe FSOD is sort of a by-product of lag, cutting your connection when there isn't enough bandwidth to hold it up, or something.

I'm no expert on networking, but don't worry, it has nothing to do with "fake items," since dupes exist exactly as legits. There is technically no difference between a legit Double Cannon and one that was just duped from it. They exist with the same stats, percents, everything. They are in escence, the same string of 1s and 0s. There's no such thing as a "fake item" or else the game wouldn't recognize it as an item probably wouldn't know what to do. Even hacks exist as legits since their basic composure is that of a legit item, even if they have attributes we know can't exist legitly.

In Dreamcast, enemy weapons could never have percents (now they can because of the new quest). Even though they could never have them legitimately, there was no string of code in the game telling it to reject an enemy weapon with percents since Sonic Team didn't really count on people hacking them. Eventually they added some things like this (if you were on V1 towards the end, you'll remember an occasional white message appearing on the screen that said "(character name) is in possession of an illegal item," or something to that effect), but since the game still treats hacked and duped items as legits, there's no possibility that any game glitches (like FSOD) are related to them.

master of THE AWESOMEPANTS

actually what I think he meant was because they dupe so much shit there's too much stuff for the game to handle... which would suck royally if there was no duping and all of the sudden you hit the limit and people get ripped off, so I mean people might be duping some items too many times and the game just gets overloaded with information.. I dunno how this works okay

Slash

The servers cannot become "overloaded" because your chars stats/items are stored on your memory card or HDD.

Yep. If the game had server side saving, this might be a problem, but since all character and item data is stored on your memory card there's no way it could damage the server with its sheer size.

master of THE AWESOMEPANTS

eh.. I'm a freaking moron when it comes to things like this

Slash

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

yeh but if evey1 has tons of items it causes lag and the servers will evtually if people start to lag cuz of some1 elses items and they themselves have a slow connection in the begining there gonna crash this happens in stellar frontier aswell people always hack the game etc and cheat and it causes lag with the pure overload of items and info made and every1 starts to lag and then the server kiks em of becuz u need to be running at a certain minimum speed this goes for pso u need like 56k and if u drop below KLIK ure gone!!!

Well I guess I beter stop hording my grinders then. lol

That is a pretty crazy unfounded theory.

Yeah, sorry guys, but the Too Many Items theory is just bogus. Not only would it be incredibly stupid for ST to not count on items and such being present on the servers, but all the data is stored on your memory card anyway.