Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is the MOST annoying goddamn thing on PSO. Forces, ever had this happen? You hit a person with a spell they CANNOT dodge, like zonde, Rafoie, whatever. You SEE it hit, and no damage occurs. Why did this happen? Because of the other person's slow connection.

That is NOT what annoys me however. What annoys me is the people who then DENY that they ever lagged. They can't SEE the spell, so they say it didn't hit. Anyway, today my FOmar got challenged by a HUne. I'm a sucker for battle, so I agreed, but asked the HUne if they had BBA. This person said "No, but I never lag."

OK, whatever, I thought. I reckoned I would fight anyway. I often fight with people on slow connections. They beat me easily, but I laugh about it when they ADMIT to this. It's just a bit of fun. They don't call me a loser and get all high and mighty.

Now let me say for the record, that if you SAY TO ME YOU NEVER LAG, and you are on 56K, then in future my rule is that I am NEVER GOING TO FIGHT YOU, NOT EVER, you go on my blacklist of "People never to fight ever, not ever at all".

I don't MIND if you acknowledged the lag. But this person, he/she ran all over the place, so I hit them with rafoie. Like 7, maybe 8 times, I saw rafoie or zonde hit SQUARE ON and this person got unscathed. After a while of this I just stood in the corner. I was SORELY tempted to dc, but I didn't want that black mark on my name (thanks for that sega, sometimes it's NECESSARY to quit on a fight).

Me: My spells aren't hitting, hardly any of them.
    Them: That's because I'm dodging, heh, I do that all the time.

Yeah, like SURE YOU ARE - dodging when I see them hit! I knew they weren't going to believe me because they said they didn't lag (who am I to explain that they can't see the variety of lag that stops my spells causing damage?) This person was convinced that because they can run all over screen, see themselves animated perfectly where others are just 'warping', that they did not lag. Pardon me while I die laughing. I've been told on a few occassions that I was lagging, hitting monsters and causing damage when the other person couldn't see me standing there. I wouldn't do battle on a day like that though. YOU CAN'T SEE YOURSELF LAG IN THIS WAY! Your GAMECUBE is updating your animation, not the frikking server! You only see OTHER PEOPLE lag, not yourself! ARGGHHHH!

Anyway, I made a half hearted battle, swearing at the screen when I didn't hit them. They totally kicked my arse. Then asked if I wanted another go. I just said "lobby." After that I pretty much ignored them. I warped to a lobby with one of my friends in, and then I basically did this, I am ashamed to say:

"OH MY FECKING GOD! OH MY GOD! I HATE 56K USERS! I AM NEVER GONNA PLAY BATTLE MODE WITH THOSE LOSERS AGAIN!" (pretty much ironically, to my friend - looking desperately for some sympathy.)

THEN, this lying 56k user, this arrogant, self obsessed "I win only because I'm good, I NEVER lag" HUnewearl warped into the lobby, and called me a poor loser and told me that I sucked.

THEN the whole lobby took his/her side and started flirting with their AVATAR, and calling me a wuss, and saying that they didn't lag, etc etc.
    I swore a lot, called them names, went into the whole "I hate everything" routine, this HUne was saying "What are you, 5?" and everyone was laughing at me. Yep, I got a flash temper. I can't stand liars and people who think they are good when they are not. I SUCK at battles, yes, I do - I'm a pure beginner and I'm first to admit it, my teams are all called "I'm such a wuss" and "Beat me... BBA only", but when I don't get a fighting CHANCE then that's plain unfair. I got angry because they failed to acknowledge that I hit them and it caused no damage, NOT for losing. I want the few hits I got in to be acknowledged! I'm WELL used to losing, thanks.
    And I got called a poor loser, my GOD that's funny.

Then the HUNe said (in response to me calling *it* a bitch) "I am a guy."
    Then *I* (FOmar) said "Actually, I am not."

Guess how much support they got then? Whole OTHER rant in itself.

- Shimarisu

Swearing that the screen? It's just a game! When I battle people I don't care if I win or lose I just like to play and have fun. Also if some started cussing me out because they lost (for whatever reason) I would think they were 5 as well.

There is no need to get mad at all the 56K users just because a few people act that way. I know alot of BBA useres that I hated playing with.

Also, calm down. It's just a game!

This reminds me of the whole anti-JP users thing, back on the Dreamcast. They refused to battle those outside of their country, because of the lag. Of course, there were morons that thought it was racism. Funny stuff.

BAM. I knew you would reply. I can't help acting immature sometimes. I have a brain disorder that makes me act this way. That was NOT the point. Did you catch the 'I'm ashamed to say'? I don't WANT to be this way but I'm not gonna change because you told me to. It is NEVER going to happen and it will always be a plague upon my existence. Please my god, that was NEVER my point that I acted like an asshole.
    I used this ranting forum as an opportunity to get a RANT off my chest. Of course I was childish. We all are sometimes.
    But I'm not ANGRY at the game, I'm angry at the arrogance of people in general. I usually play with friends and we can ALL be mature when there's a problem, BUT you can't go telling me you don't get angry when somebody is so arrogant. No matter WHAT the situation, how trivial it is - I get angry that there are people like that AT ALL. They are going to upset people no matter how serious the scenario, like let's say - if a friend of somebody died, they might for instance say "I don't care, I don't know them?" Just a thought. Something you have actually done of late. Well I don't care about you because I don't know you, please get off my case. PLEASE, really, get off my case, I never can ditch an argument online, and if you carry it on I really will end up banned.

And BTW, my friend told me he called me ALL MANNER of names when I beat him, he yelled at the screen and like, I don't care? We're GAMERS. We need to let that anger out once in a while. If it doesn't go on the game it goes off at somebody in real life and REALLY, which is better?

- Shimarisu

Well, I hope you've chilled a bit. It was a bit stupid of Ness to say what he did, as this is YOUR rant. I also find it humourous whenever somebody says it's just a game, as most of those that say it have post-counts in the thousands.

Seriously, it's an online game. Shit happens, especially to do with lag. You'll know what I mean if you've played some FPS games.

The point was anyway, I didn't call them names directly. I left them, and went off to see my friend. It's not my fault they ended up in the lobby by coincidence, caught me saying "They claimed I didn't hit them, and I SAW IT!" Which was perfectly true, but they saw that as me getting to them. They refused to believe that they lagged. These are the worst kinds of people to argue with. I got called a poor loser, and when people stuck up for the other player purely because their avatar was female - I couldn't help ranting. That's all. Yep, I said a lot worse, but only after they goaded me. I then got worse and worse because a certain person IRL who was stood behind me yelled at me for arguing. I then came up with some especially horrible things, just to annoy THAT person, who I have issues with. I regret that, but my point here is not to carry on hating myself. It's about these people who deny lag. The worst thing is I honestly think the HUnewearl was unaware that he was goading me. He really was convinced of his ability to dodge rafoie every time. That's extremely arrogant, and annoys me far more than getting called childish.

- Shimarisu

Hmm. But then they will lie about being on BBA? Can't suggest you don't battle at all, since you're hooked on it.(As I read) Uhm....Now I know how some people be getting like 100 wins on BA and all that. They use lag to thier advantage. Pfft - lame.

Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Ok. I admit it.

MY ISP SUCKS! T-T

*runs away in fear*

Please don't think I have any issues with you, I love playing with you, and yep, my ISP sucks too, but I don't go in for pretending I'm any better at battle due to lag. It's those people that annoy me. And there have been a few of late... no-one yet followed me to the lobby and called me a loser though.

- Shimarisu

Svm Inimicus Mali

I don't know if this would work or not, but how's your Gifoie? As far as I know, that tech doesn't even have to target to hit, and it's fairly powerful in a FOmar's hands... plus it keeps the Hunters away from you. Just an idea, and here's hoping you have better luck next time. ^_^