Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

PSOW'S Fan Fiction Challenge - Ink Slinger Face Off

We unveil to you our newest contest: PSOW'S Fan Fiction Challenge - Ink Slinger Face Off. The chosen categories for the fanfic challenge are:

Best Short - 300 words max
    Funniest Story
    Titled: Rappy country
    PSO Haiku
    Best Fight Scene
    PSOW Reloaded

You will be submitting your fanfics via pm's or email's to eRUPT, LollipopLolita or Saladwood. Members will have 2 weeks to submit their fanfics. We are ready to start accepting your fanfics right away so get writing and submit your fics.

Once all the submissions are taken in after the first two weeks, PSOW members will have another two weeks to vote for who they think best fits the category!

Winners will each get a PSO Manga. Best in Challenge winner will get their very own plush rappy!

This contest begins Tuesday, July 1st. You can start submitting entries beginning on Tuesday. We will be accepting fanfic entries until Tuesday, July 15th. Voting for the contest will then commence for 2 weeks once the voting booth is prepared. Voting for the Best in Challenge fanfic will commence once winners of the primary 6 categories are announced and will last for 1 week.

Categories in Detail

Best Short - 300 words max: Straight to the point, the best story under 300 words. Yes, we will be counting. Title is up to you.

Funniest Story: As you can guess from the category name, this is where all the funny stories go. Members will then vote for the funniest fic .Title is up to you.

Titled: Rappy Country: The content is up to you, but every fanfic entered in this category will need to fit under the 'Rappy Country' title. Members will then vote for fics that best fits the title.

PSO Haiku: Entries under this category should be in the form of a haiku poem. Anything other than a haiku will not be accepted. A haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. Title is up to you.

Best Fight Scene: Write up your best dueling scene for this category. Members will then vote for the best and most exciting fight. Title is up to you.

PSOW Reloaded: This is where you get creative. All entries in this category MUST only include characters that are based on PSOW members only. You will not be allowed to use any of your own characters. Names of characters must names of PSOW members and must reflect the member's personality on the forums. Title is up to you.

Best in Challenge: Once the winners in each of the 6 categories are decided, they will all be competing against each other to try to win the Best in Challenge Title.

Please completely read the RULES below

Fanfics must follow each category.

Maximum word count: 3000. Entries over 3000 words will only have the first 3000 words posted.

Only up to 2 authors per fanfic entry allowed.

All entries must strictly follow the site/forum rules and rule of conduct. This includes content and language.

Each member is allowed to enter in two categories. You can only have one entry per category.

All submissions are final, NO EXCEPTIONS!

If you are submitting a direct copy paste of a WORD doc through a PM, be sure to check through it for markups. If you are submitting a WORD doc through email's, the same procedure should be given. Staff will just do a straight copy and paste and will not entertain requests. Please be aware of " becoming ? when you do a direct copy paste from Word into text fields.

The staff will not correct or edit any entries even upon personal request.

All entries shall remain secret until voting goes live. Do not advertise entries prior. Do not submit fanfics that were previously written and have been posted on the site.

We will not tolerate any entries that have forms of plagiarism. Such actions will be considered as cheating. To define plagiarism, refer to: http://www.niles-hs.k12.il.us/north/...raphrasing.pdf

You may "campaign" your entry in your signatures or in the Fresh Kills forum once voting starts. Please remember to observe forum rules. (Please no shameless self promoting through pm's though!) You may not however have any ambiguous links of any form that will result in someone voting for you once the link is clicked. You will be disqualified if found doing so. All links have to be explicitly marked.

Do not post your entries in the Fan Works forum or any forum. Do not campaign in Fan Works.

As always, any attempt to cheat in this contest will have you disqualified from the current contest or any other contest in the future.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR MEMBERNAME IF YOU ARE EMAILING

You may employ your own cheerleaders and give us bananas.

Knock yourselves out and enjoy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-04 21:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-23 14:05 ]</font>

Nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-06-30 23:17 ]</font>

oh, and of course, you have to be a member to participate in the contest.

Oh, since I already won an avatar, does that mean I cannot participate in this contest?

you can. prizes in this contest aren't avatars...

I can hear SaladWood going off... Watch out for shrapnel.

is it moving....?

Finally i was waiting for something like this! now to decide the best fight scene, haiku, or funniest....so many choices...so many venarial diseases......WHAT?!

Ever-Changing Gemini

SPIFFY! I've been thinking about working on a Fanfic...though not necessarily one for PSO. A while ago I was thinking of starting a Renga in the Fan Works forum. Renga are basically strings of Haiku rotaing between people and syllable structures. It's been awhile since I did one.

Master of the Universe

This is gonna be good, i started writing my latest PSO fanfic last month. But that is already about 2000 words long and ive only just into the 3rd chapter.. so i wont use that, i might have to go the way off the shorts or comedy.

On 2003-06-30 23:25, Shapiro wrote:
    I can hear SaladWood going off... Watch out for shrapnel.

??