Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

On 2003-07-23 13:57, LollipopLolita wrote:
    which is why we put in the front page :

Remember to click on the "Vote" button below the link.

On 2003-07-23 09:49, Sunblast wrote:
    Hey, I can't find my entry. I put it in the Haiku contest. Is it invisible to me because I wrote it or something like that?
    that's because your entry didn't meet the requirements of a haiku. you had an extra syllable
    Shoot, I read it out loud and noticed that. Nuts! Ah, well, mabye next time.

Ever-Changing Gemini

First I have to get my overflowing joy to find the voting started out of the way...

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! Voting's started! Wooooooo! *bouncy bouncy bouncy*

*ahem* Anyway, I've read a few entries and that writer's impulse to comment and edit (mostly comment) begs me to ask if there's some place specific to go and comment on the fics. Would PM's suffice, or threads in Fresh Kills be more appropriate?

So voting on the 5 categories ends on the (checks calender)...5th of Augest?

I for one would love feedback, Griffin. You can see my stories in my signature...and GASP, maybe vote for them if you like them.

Heh, untitles stories just don't get voted for, do they *kicks self for not naming story*

you can post feedback here or make threads in fresh kills or pm the author

Ever-Changing Gemini

On 2003-07-24 11:21, Cirra_Mariana wrote:
    Heh, untitles stories just don't get voted for, do they *kicks self for not naming story*
    I don't know about that, but I always feel that a title kind of enhances the message of the poem or story. As a reader, I look to the title to inform me about the essential theme or message of the piece. But then again, there are always those titles that just don't do anything for the writing, except add some wit or humor, perhaps setting the tone before you even read the first word.

As far as Titles go, Rappy Country is one category where you won't be able to guess anything from the title--But hey, that's just how that particular category works!

However, I prefer not to guess what the story is about by the title; pretty much judging a book by its cover if you ask me. Oh yeah, also wanna shout out to Auto: Gude Vs Eval was an awesome story!

On 2003-07-24 21:07, RubyEclipse wrote:
    Oh yeah, also wanna shout out to Auto: Gude Vs Eval was an awesome story!
    Thanks Ruby, glad you liked it. Artist Batou felt so inspired he drew a pic of it (it's in fan works, or refer to my new sig), and that has got to be the highpoint so far of this entire competition for me.

I remember in the original rules that voting was said to last two weeks...but does anyone have a more official (and specific) date readily available?