Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huh? Whazzat?

In one of the orange info pod thingies on the floor in Caves 2, Rico was saying something about a parasite mine in the ground. I've never seen one, and if they exist, what do they look like and what do they do?

I'm serious.
    The pod, with Rico's recorded message (she's the one putting down the pods in Episode 1) said "You may get trapped by a parasite mine in the ground."
    I want to know what this 'parasite mine' is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -ARIES- on 2003-07-06 02:35 ]</font>

Rico is reffering to the hidden floating traps that are scattered around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2003-07-06 02:44 ]</font>

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

What Atax said.

Sonic Team need to pay more attention to how what they say sounds. "Parasite Mines" sounds awfully confused...
    Methinks poor translation is to blame.

It's probably the ones that pop up and hover above you as you walk around, making you walk very slowly.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

The Trap doesnt make you walk slow. It is the game. It registers mines (even seeker mines) as enemies/bosses and forces you to slow down so you dont rush into them. A good way to counter this is to bring up the menu screen (you didnt hear that glitch from me... move along...).... I can evade every trap corridor!

thats not a glitch - as long as you dont target anything you wont slow down - for example you have attacks on the normal button layout, but on the R+ layout you only have items and healing stuff/traps - actions that dont focus an enemy.
    now you just hold down R+ (or open menu or shortmenu as an alternative) and you can run through a coridor of mines and all of them will explode behind you (except those who follow you in challenge mode ^_^.

maybe this is because im an idiot, but i always thought that parasite mines were little things in the ground that didn't do nothin till a nice pretty Grass Assassin came along and activated one you were standing on...i dunno, that's just an idea i had...whatever...

Veteran Fighter

if theres a glitch in the game, whos fault is it? is it ours for using it. no, if its there, we can use it just like we can use any item put in the game an enemy drops. its segas fault for leaving problems in the game.. like the targeting system.. i will never get over how much that bugs me. ahh damn you!.. ive gotten nearly killed because of the crappy targeting system.. no loss though. bank filled to 999,999. hehe. honestly though, on a serious note.. ive seen some bad translations before.. im sure most of you know of "all your base are belong to us". so thats what i think it is. just a mess up.

Chu Chu fever!

Hey Micah ( that's my real name )
    hehe