Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I started playing PSO with a force character, then switched to a hunter after I found some cool hunter weapons. Last weekend I went on a trading binge to get a couple of good wands for AVIENDHA (my force character). It is my opinion that character classes should stick to there exclusive weapons. Since there is little difference between classes. So i started playing her again and discovered some big holes in the whole force class.
    Force character are meant for combat support BUT all the support spells are available to my hunter. This makes no sense to me. Not only that but hunters and rangers can use the same level spells as force characters......WHY? Sure non-force characters may have less Tp points but the difference is 1/3 to maybe 1/2. Pirotess(my hunter) has almost 700 tp and Aviendha (my force)has 1000 tp point. I should point out that there a 25 lvl difference though.
    Some changes I would like to see in PSO are a spell cap of lvl 10 for non-force characters. No support spells except Ryuker for non-force. Grants and Megid for force only. Better wands. I have c-sorcerer's and psyco wand (the best 2) and feel that there should be something better.
    Thanks for listening to my little rant. Any opinions ??

Yeah, I think it may be agreed that there is little if any real advantage of a Force over other magic using characters. The extra magic power doesn't make up for the weapon/melee drawbacks, IMHO. But, this didn't stop me from creating a force character. Because it's still different, and fun. Harder though. I like the idea of some characters being harder to use than others.

i dont understand why forces have canes and stuff at all. we dont use them! why i'd even use a saber before a cane thing... all they do is boost mind a little... as for the TP thing itself... even with 700+TP, i always end up back in the looby to sell stuff before i use it all, so a hunter with a few hundred would be better... I'm guessing that maybe theres a mag advantage but i'm yet to find it.

It's not me. I'm not here.

On top of all that, Hunters can get Bana mags, which are usually Force only - and the advantages of Bana are it's tendancy to make you invincible at tough moments, and it's high boost to your mind and TP (since you would have had to have fed it plenty of Mind-boosting food to get it)!

Though mine's turned to a godamn Apsaras now... grr! Want Bana Back! Want Bana Back!

forces dont suck its how u play the game

PSO Assassin

I use a force character, and they're extremely difficult to use. But like someone said above me, that makes it all the more challenging. I'm also a little perplexed over the whole cane/wand thing to, because everyone knows that forces aren't made for hand to hand combat. It would be nice if the canes or wands/cane actually casted magic at a distance, but no, you have to go up to the enemy and beat the crap outta them. I personally stick to long range weaponry such as varista (gotta love em') and egg blaster! Forces have been given the short end of the wand if you ask me. But I love my lvl 34 FoNewm and I wouldn't trade him for any other character.

At level 100 Forces are awesome. Their lowest stat is Defense which im trying to look for a Parasite Wear: Vajulla or something and then this would be fixed. But i have a mag with 151 Pow and my ATP maxes just like a hunters with certain weapons. Best weapon for a force has to be the soul eater. Trust me stick with your force. Their are also the most fun to play as.

PSO Assassin

I don't know why you keep posting that with maxed out pow forces are the equals of hunters... it's just not true. You do know ATP can go over 999 for hunters (you just can't see it), right?... here's the facts... hunters casting the buffing support spells deband and shifta with the same lvl as a force boost their stats an identical percentage... there is no difference. Hunter's ATP maxes out well over 200 points higher than a force... Forces can use only the crappiest of rare weapons. So what this means in the end is a lvl 100 force, with all his stats maxed, with shifta running, with a soul eater +35 does 190-320 pts of damage (I haven't played in a while but I think that range is about right) in V.Hard Ruins... where as a Hunter with let's say a Last Survivor or Flowen's +50-60% dark and shifta is hitting the group for 580-840... and those aren't even particularly rare hunter weapons. Forces just weren't meant to be melee fighters... let's just hope they make force spells MUCH more powerful in the append disk or they'll be abseloutely useless in Ultimate difficulty (they're somewhat laughable as it is in V.Hard Ruins).

Thanks for the replys! I don't hate force characters, they just don't have any real advantage. Although I guess being tougher to play could be considered an advantage

JJ, I really don't want to play a force character like a hunter. I prefer to stick to class weapons only. That's why I got tired of playing Aviendha originally. I was using guns all the time and I already have a ranger. Since I picked up C-sorcerer's and Psyco wand I have been playing Aviendha all week.

Zephyr, the append disk does concern me as well. If my spells keep doing the same damage how many times is Aviendha going to have to cast a spell like Razonde to kill a big group on enimies on ultimate difficulty? It takes 5 spells to kill stuff on v-hard already.

After all is said and done, NONE of this will stop me from playing my Aviendha. I have gained 17 levels this week. Level 100 here i come!

Just a lil' bit old school. Mazarin's Avatar

Two words:

Holy Ray. Nobody likes it except the person behind it ^_~