Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hater of mag-lovers

I know similar questions have been asked, but I've searched the forum and can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

What is the best Force weapon in your opinion, and why?

I have a lvl 104 FOnewearl and I use a Hildebear's Cane. I have a Dark Bridge, Psycho Wand, Fire Staff, Ice Staff, Storm Wand and many more "good" Force weapons including the Hildeblue's Cane, but I still think the Hildebear's Cane is the best- although I know a lot of people disagree.

So if you think there is something better than the Hildebear's Cane, please explain why. I know some of the other weapons have some nice abilities, but I always feel their downsides are their downfall.

Also, what are all of the Dark Bridge's and Psycho Wand's bonuses? I know they cut TP cost or something, but do they do anything else? Boost any techs? Because I think their HP drain is far too heavy to make them "good", yet so many people disagree with me that I know I must be missing something.

I have tried all of my Force weapons, but none of them spoke to me as much as the Hildebear's Cane did. What am I missing? I want a Force weapon that boosts all Gi and/or Ra techs. Do any of them do that? I saw a thread that listed some that boosted certain techs, but I can't find it now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-12 14:23 ]</font>

summit moon boosts mst by 55 and gives a 30% bonus to all basic techs

magical piece does the same for gi-techs

psycho wand boosts mst, gives a 30% bonus to ra techs, and cuts TP cost in half at the cost of a few hp.

Hater of mag-lovers

Cool thanks. I didn't know the Psycho Wand did that. I'll give it another shot later.

Hater of mag-lovers

Well, I tried the Psycho Wand again, and I just don't like it. I don't think the tech boost and TP cut is enough to make up for the HP drain. I lose HP too fast.

But I'll hang on to it. Maybe when I have more HP, it will be worth it.

Any other suggestions? Any Force weapons that boost Gi or Ra techs (I mainly want Ra boosts) and don't take away HP?

the three 9 star elemental wands boost their respective gi and ra techs

Hater of mag-lovers

So the Ice Staff boosts Gibarta and Rabarta? Cool, I thought it only boosted Barta.

See the fury in my souless eyes...

i like the physho wand though. I mean i lose tp half as fast as i would with a regular weapon. See, its works really good for FOnewearls (like myself) because its special attack cast the 3 basic spells which are Fonewearls specialty and rarly use my own techs. Also I maxed out my hp with hp materials so when i do cast my own techs it takes a very small % of my hp and then i jus heel myself with resta. And usually I can make it through a whole level jus using about 3 or 4 difluids.

it takes your hp but tp cost is halved so its cheaper to cast resta

See the fury in my souless eyes...

yeah and i'm more of a support force rather than a attack one. So it work more 4 me.

i think it all has to do with what you want your force to be like. if you want a force to have good magic, but be able to fight without magic as well, i would recomend the hilde canes, toy hammer, and holy ray. thats what i use with my fomar, but that just me.

if you want your force to focus only on magic and the hit and run tactic, and be able to have enough TP to support the techniques, i suggest using Striker of Chao. it gives a massive mst boost which, in turn, gives you more TP. i wouldnt focus too much on those weapons that give boosts to one certain technique because 1: most of the time you dont only use one technique as a force and 2: the force class gets boosts to certain techniques anyway depening on which force character you chose.