Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

Me and several users have started a conversation about the factors to finding items and several came up. Of course Section ID was the first one we brought up. Then came Class and time and finally just plain luck. What if it didn't only depend on your id and some other factors were hidden from us.
    I am asking all pso players out there to write about their experiences with rare items/monsters to reply. Did it take you forever to find a item/monster or are you still searching for it?
    The more we write, the less this will be a mystery!

~Busta~

Yeah, me and some friends piped for a Red Slime in hard. (offline - i was the creater and im Pinkal) We must've piped somewhere around 50 times before we decided that the red slime could go screw himself.

But other times, I've seen a Red Slime without even trying to find one. I think this whole beat system has something to do with it, like maybe they only come out during prime numbers, or something weird like that...

PSO Assassin

the beats might be another hidden factor expect you would think somebody by now would tell us when to go rare huntin.

I piped up and down for hours looking for a Red slime to find a Lavis Cannon. One day i found 5 or 6 and yesterday i found 2.

On 2003-07-15 10:07, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
    Yeah, me and some friends piped for a Red Slime in hard. (offline - i was the creater and im Pinkal) We must've piped somewhere around 50 times before we decided that the red slime could go screw himself.

But other times, I've seen a Red Slime without even trying to find one. I think this whole beat system has something to do with it, like maybe they only come out during prime numbers, or something weird like that...

Dude, 50 pipes is nothing, you're never going find the stuff from rare monsters if you give up that soon. I stop after about 400.

And I still seriously doubt that anything besides sec. ID and pure luck have anything to do with it.

But two weeks ago I saw a luminous field drop from a pinkal hildeblue in VH offline....

Usually if I am looking for a specific Rare ( or several specific rares ) I will end up finding everything EXCEPT what I want.

As for Rare enemies, I have never seen a Red slime before and I have only seen 1 Hildablue. To me these Rare enemies are very, very rare. I have tried piping for them butI usually loose patience before that trick pays off.

To me getting Rare items is just dumb luck, I seriously doubt that there is a trick to it and that it is just random. I do however feel that there has to be somthing more to the appearance of Rare enemies, I think beat times may play a role since most of all the Al rappies that I have seen I saw them around the same time ( sorry did not pay attention to the beat times ).

~Busta~

Dude, 50 pipes is nothing, you're never going find the stuff from rare monsters if you give up that soon. I stop after about 400.

And I still seriously doubt that anything besides sec. ID and pure luck have anything to do with it.

But two weeks ago I saw a luminous field drop from a pinkal hildeblue in VH offline....
    Yeah, but try piping without playing a quest, and having ppl on your team. It took sooo long and I was piping where there was only one slime, not the 2 like normally are there. After about 20 minutes I realized we were wasting our time, so I quit.

BTW, I've never tried the piping trick for long periods of time, how long does it take you guys to a find a rare monster usually?

Leonard_Darrent
    Right behind you, looking over your shoulder...

Piping? So far that trick has been utterly useless to me.
    When I go looking for a rare monster/item I just set out through an area and kill everything, which has worked with relative success and seems to be a lot faster and less tiresome than piping.
    But then again, I haven't had much luck with the rares I DO find anyway.
    (Sec. ID:Pinkal, Character type:RAmar)<------that is why.

Because of this, I think that the rares you find are most affected be Sec. ID, because all of the rares I have ever found are cane items!!!!D'oh!!

~Busta~

On 2003-07-15 10:34, Leonard_D wrote:

Because of this, I think that the rares you find are most affected be Sec. ID, because all of the rares I have ever found are cane items!!!!D'oh!!

We all know that the rares you get are designated by your section ID, but what we're trying to figure out is if different section ID's have a better chance of findind rare ENEMIES.

Leonard_Darrent
    Right behind you, looking over your shoulder...

Well, then talking about rare ENEMIES.
    No, when I compare my two differend rare enemy finds to those of other players, there doesn't seem to be much difference in the odds.
    But of course...everyone's entitled to their own opinion.