Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hater of mag-lovers

"That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon."

Having a controller earn EXP for you isn't a legitimate way.

On 2003-07-17 07:23, Nall wrote:
    but using the turbo controller really isnt cheating either. that is what turbo controllers were made for.
    Uhhh how about product that wasn't made by Nintendo?

On 2003-07-17 19:42, Skankhair wrote:
    "That being said, I don't really consider it cheating since you are earning your exp in a legitimate way; using a King's weapon."

Having a controller earn EXP for you isn't a legitimate way.
    So you shouldn't use a controller to play PSO? Maybe we should take command of our characters using our hidden psychic abilties?

I guess I see what you're saying, though. However you could sort of say the same thing about having someone else play your character for you. Your brother gets bored and decides to play your PSO character for a while and raises it up a few levels. OH NO, MY CHARACTER IS HACKED!!! Not really, you just didn't do it yourself. I just basically see the turbo controller as a shorter, lazier way of playing games. Kind of like taking a telepipe instead of walking through Mines to get to the boss warp.

Don't think I'm condoning the recobox trick, nor do I consider recobox 200s to be true level 200s. I also don't see it as legit since it's basically a hardware exploit- I just don't put it in the same cheating realm with duping and hacking.

who knew this game would be so addicting?

I agree with Aurras last statement. I've used the reconbox trick on a couple of my characters to get them to Aura Field lvl. However, there are a couple of my characters that this trick will not work with (My HUnewearl and my FOmarl, for example), so those characters will get to 200 the old fashioned way and I'm happy about that.

If I reach lvl 200 with any of my reconbox chars, there is no way that I would expect any respect for it. In fact, I get mad at my friends who congratulated me on my RAmarls lvl. I told them I didn't earn it, I simply don't have time between my nearly full-time job over summer, and my thesis, and classes, to get all of my characters to insanely high lvls. But I LOVE my high lvl RAmarl; she made it to 111 the old fashioned way, and will make it from 154-200 the old way, too

I have a friend who will have a lvl 200 FOnewearl by the end of the week. Do you think I'm going to congratulate him? No, because he didn't earn it. But do I think he's wrong for taking advantage of the trick? Nope I'm not a huge fan of male characters, so you'd better believe I will likely reconbox my FOnewm to Smoking Plate level, and then simply play him from there when I feel like it

In a way, for those people who want to make certain characters just to use a certain item, it's a blessing. And also, once I get certain characters to lvl 152, then levelling won't become as important to me anymore, leaving me more time to play on ep2 or to help lower-level friends who want a chaperone while they level. Sometimes it's nice to not have to worry about certain aspects of the game anymore

The One and Only Japanese Latino

Why are you all making a big deal out of this anyways. It's all so STUPIT... with a T.
    If I could, I'd pose like Aurra in that Second Legit Sig and call myself. Hayato Never Was Legit... Never Be Legit... Too Un-Legit To Quit
    HEY! HEY!
    2 Un-Legit! 2 Un-Legit 2 Quit
    HEY! HEY!

heh...i made something out of legos to do the combos for me, the turbo cont. wasnt doing it for me.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

I wouldn't quite consider it cheating, but you're using it to make a false L:200 character. People who use the Recobox trick are frowned upon by the other 200s as a joke and a mockery of all the work they put in. If you're willing to put up with not being a true 200 and just want the numbers beside your name, feel free. But if you expect to even be acknowledged for this "accomplishment," you're going about it the wrong way.

It's an ok cheat, just don't run around bragging about being 200 if you at least didn't get most of the way there yourself. (I mean like 175 plus and not ALL recobox after that either)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-07-19 14:34 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

I don't see any problem with this "trick" it's NOT causing "economic" problems to the traders community, it's NOT giving unfair advantage to anyone, it's NOT causing other people to get corrupted data/duped items. No one is being deceived .... So what is wrong if he want to level up using a "EXP BOT" ? While he's doing that offline he isn't even wasting ISP/SEGA bandwidth.
    All fine with me ... I wouldn't do that myself, but if other people do, fine for me.
    No reason to think it's wrong.

Heir to Gondor

Interesting... well I should probably say that I am not doing this trick all the time, generally only times I can't get online for some reason or another. And also I probably will get sick of this trick sooner or later (I'm at 158 and it's boring the heck outa me now LoL). But it will be difficult to do, I don't have 2000 hours to spend, I only play like 3 hours a day, sometimes 2... Another thing I should say though. You (generic) got to lvl 200... legitamately... I respect that, but in my mind you should also even respect those who got to level 200 other ways.

Well, maybe not those who use turbo controllers, etc. But still, you shouldn't feel all high and mighty simply because you got up there with a lot of time on your hands. Personally, now don't take this the wrong way, and I am not pointing my finger at anyone, but I feel that some legits are too prideful of their position and feel their way is the only way, and that if you aren't legit then well... your character isn't worthy to get to level 200 or whatever. So what? It is just a game, and I think that you can get to 200 darned near any way you like, just as long as you didn't royally cheat to get there. Though, I wouldn't pure recobox straight to 200. That is rather cheap, pointless, and boring.

I play a variety of actual online play, and recoboxing. After all, this game is meant to be played online with others - not just sitting in front of a box and hitting the same button for hours on end. If I am about to level up (100-200k or so) then I generally do it, if I can't find a game... also, there are the times (argh!) when some fool lets me dead when dark falz dies (thankfully, this has happened only once... I died from 1600 hp to 0 in one hit somehow... o-O), and to payback PSO for cheating me out of 40-50k exp I will do this also. The point I'm trying to make - so what if you get to 200 if you never actually play your character in between. Soon enough I am going to be able to damage the recobox and I will only be able to do it online, anyways. And even then only with jellen on me. That's all I am going to say for now, probably. If you ARE legitamate and got to 200 that way I fully respect that. Just don't make yourself sound like you're above anyone else and it will be all cool It's a videogame and we are supposed to have fun, and to make friends online... not enemies. Thanks for reading... and don't flame me, *too* badly