Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Cash

Veteran Fighter

this world is fucked up

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Isn't it though?
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Mercenary for Hire

i'd burn all their treasured things before them and tell them that this is only the start of the suffering that lies in store for them.

Edit: though, a vaccine would be useless if the disease is already contracted, as the nature of them is to (usually, if my tired mind is working) introduce a weakened state of the disease into a person and allow them to build resistance to it like that.

eh, who cares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sai-Yuk on 2003-07-21 18:21 ]</font>

May the Schwarz be with me...

May I know the name of this lethal disease which kills it's victim in one day? Not diarrhoea is it? Once that's established, I can go and create my own vaccine in a day for I am the one and only Sir Alberto Einsteinho!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-21 18:24 ]</font>

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

I'd say it's time to find a new significant other.

....no really. $50,000 would buy a really nice car.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

50k isn't all that much to save your lovers life. So, doing it legally would be so much more rewarding. Then the person would have a new, fresh, appreciative, love for you.

I'm such a sap...

WHAM! created rap (according to my mom)

www.hummer.com

$50,000

On 2003-07-21 16:07, polishedweasel wrote:
    But, why would any medical company let a person die like that? You must live in a sad sad world.
    seems simple enough to say. When business, morals, and ethics collide. Oh wait...

the classic scenario is if a pharmaceutical develops a cure for AIDs, they then have the patent for the drug for 7 years. The reason for the patent is for the company to be able to make up money that was incurred though the research and development phase, as well as being able to make a profit and afford to spend more money on more R&D.

Okay, now they have drug that cures AIDs. What do they do? Start selling it for outrageous prices. It costs little to make, but they deserve to make money (otherwise companies wouldn't bother developing these drugs.

So now people with a lot of money or really good insurance plans can afford the drug, but what about all the hundreds of people dying in Africa or even the people in their same country that simply cannot afford the drug?

Granted, there are going to be illegal third party drugs, but for the most part that would be the only means of a cure. Do you see where I'm going with this?

It would be nice if the company gave out the drug for free or for a cheaper price, but doing so could ruin their company and eliminate the production of future drugs.

On 2003-07-21 18:16, Sai-Yuk wrote:
    i'd burn all their treasured things before them and tell them that this is only the start of the suffering that lies in store for them.

Edit: though, a vaccine would be useless if the disease is already contracted, as the nature of them is to (usually, if my tired mind is working) introduce a weakened state of the disease into a person and allow them to build resistance to it like that.

eh, who cares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sai-Yuk on 2003-07-21 18:21 ]</font>
    Not necessarily . A lot of vaccines are retroactive, meaning they are effective even after infection, so long as the vaccine has time to work in the course of the disease. Of course, the odds of a vaccine working in a day are pretty slim, but hey, it's a hypothetical situation .

raaar!!! bite me

someone's looking to test the ethics and morals of PSOW now, aren't they?