Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm going to buy a PS2 RPG game today... but I don't know whats good for PS2? I'll settle for Action/RPG also. As long as its a type of RPG. I'm trying not to think about certain... people right now. So a nice long game might help me a bit.

!@#%. - J

Definatly wait for FFXI...totally.

I heard that eleven isn't all that it looks like. But I don't want to wait. I NEED SOMETHING TO DO OR I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF. I'm feeling so depressed. I need something to take my mind off it now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2003-07-23 07:41 ]</font>

May the Schwarz be with me...

Don't bother holding your breath. There will never be a good RPG on the PS2. It will either be some crap rip-off or just another addition to the already-so-boring Final Fantasy series.

Unlike gamecube that only has one RPG (PSO folks), PS2 Has a slew of them! If you really enjoy PSO, try any of the Project .hack games. These are RPG games that simulate an Online experience, and do a very good job of it, in addition to a very convinceing storyline. Additionally, they give you an EXTREMELY GOOD anime DVD pertaining to the game with the game disc. I'd put my vote in for.Hack//Infection if Final Fantasy X wasn't out.

Speaking of .Hack//Infection, I predict the fourth title in the game to be titled .hack//World, the online version of the Project .hack games. If this is released GET IT! It will be an amazing game.

Final Fantasy X is arguably the best of the Final Fantasy games out there. The entire system of the game has been revamped, and is very user-friendly, but despite that the story is cliche, but is executed in a very awesome way. I can't find anything wrong with this game, other than to say beware the Sphere Grid.

I can also suggest Kingdom Hearts. Its done by Disney/Squaresoft, and has produced the most lethal combination of creativity and intuition of the era. This game is amazing in almost every aspect, but i can't agree with the degree of difficulty. It gets excessively challenging at times, and confusing.

Finally, there's a few games that look very good that i can't get my hands on yet, one of these being FFXI. In addition to that, Jade Cocoon 2 and Monster Rancher 3 are both worth checking out on a weekend if you have nothing to do. They're both good time killers.

Cheers!

Final Fantasy X is arguably the best of the Final Fantasy games out there.
    I would have to say the exact opposite. I hate FFX. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, though. =D

Aww, i feel so loved. that's the first time i've been quoted... *Floats* Anyway, you're right. I'm into RPGs for the stories. That's why I say that FFX is the best by merit of story and gameplay.

If you want to try a different rpg that's away from the old hack'n slash. I highly suggest you get Wild Arms 3. It doesn't use the clique'd fantasy theme and uses the wild west theme. So give it a shot. ^_^

On 2003-07-23 07:52, Obscenity wrote:

I would have to say the exact opposite. I hate FFX. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, though. =D
    FFX isn't on my top ten list out of all the Final Fantasy's.
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

On 2003-07-23 12:25, Prof_Frink wrote:
    On 2003-07-23 07:52, Obscenity wrote:

FFX isn't on my top ten list out of all the Final Fantasy's.
    o_o; Finky...think about this. There's only 10 Final Fantasies out right now..X-2 isn't out yet.

But anyway, get Xenosaga and some popcorn. You'll be watching it most of the time.