Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Phantom bass-guitarist from the void

The GameFAQs boards tell me that there is a proposed MASS FSOD-X planned by this group of uber-hacks called Infamous Gamers or something... Anyway, the thrad says that this group are going to corrupt the whole of the US servers, and probably the US and JP ones too. I'm making a new character as I type this, that way I won't suffer so much. It took me goddamn ages to find that Agito and the MKB, I'm not having 400+ hours of blood, sweat and tears going down the crapper provided that this hack goes ahead.
    I'm just praying that the hack doesn't go ahead.

If it helps anbody, ask on GameFAQs about this guy Nugz. I hear he's best mates with Barubary (who is supposed to be co-making this virus).

Fate binds us, destroys us.

InFaMoUsNuGz is an uber hacker/duper who proclaims 'i duno how 2 hack'. Barubary is the foremost information giver on Duping/Hacking.
    Most people doubt that infamous can FSOD, and if yo DO get FSOD it is highly unlikely that you'll corrupt... besides, they'd need what, 48 x 10 x 15 people to do it... 7200 people to FSOD every lobby, and if there WAS a virus in PSO then you'd all just get DCed and nothing would happen.

old school fanatic

On gfaqs they're talking about fsodx, not fsod. I saw it a few days ago. I don't believe it for a second. I could go over there & post that I'm going to turn everyone into butterflies. That doesn't mean that I can.

i wouldnt bet they are a bunch of 12-year old kids with no friends and abusive parents, saying they gonna do stuff to get attention

lolita edit: rule 19: Choose your vocabulary wisely, do not call people "Gay" or use the offensive term "JAP". Whether your using the word offensively or not do not use such slurs. Think before posting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-07-29 19:37 ]</font>

There is absolutely no way Baru is planning to FSODX the entire PSO population. I would seriously put money on that. Plus, do you guys even know what FSODX is? It's when you FSOD during a save. Unless they're planning on making everyone save and then FSODing them, they're not planning to FSODX everybody.

You would have to join a game with someone from that clan for it to happen

I'll try to update this later, BUT I am starting to think this is a hoax that people are trying to make the PSO community panic.

This virus would have to be extremely complex. The servers were made so if there was any tampering with the servers, that server would DISCONNECT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-07-29 15:29 ]</font>

IG isnt nothing. They think everyone else are noobs its funny. Dont worry about them

Well, me and my friend were talking on AIM and he said he found this off of Phantasy Bar:
    It has recently come to my attention that there are plans to hack the US server, causing corruption to everyone who happens to be online at the time. We don't know when it's supposed to happen, or who's planning to do it. The only thing we know is that it's supposed to happen.
    Now, my theory is that the InFaMoUs GaMeRz are doing this. I used to be in it until I knew a few days later that most of them Hack/Dupe.
    I bet Sega is looking for that idiot nUgZ, so if you have his card, report him.
    Note that this is ONLY A THEORY! This might just be a rumor for all I know. But, still, watch out.
    Kinda sounds like a hoax, still.

Update:
    It has recently come to my attention that there are plans to hack the US server, causing corruption to everyone who happens to be online at the time. We don't know when it's supposed to happen, or who's planning to do it. The only thing we know is that it's supposed to happen.

Regardless of wether this threat is real, or not, I am going to temporarily move the PBO block over to EU/Sipca:4, the Ragol Gazette block. If nothing happens in about a month, then I'm going to go ahead and move PBO back to US/Deneb:8.

In the mean time, I suggest everyone stays away from the US servers until we can gather more information.

If anyone finds out more, please post it under here.

I will edit this post with any new information.
    Another update...
    Yes, well this rumour has become a wild fire of one. Many of the people that I usually play with are all on the Europe ships and no one trust anyone anymore. Some one said that the whole thing is going down toward the end of the summer, but don't know what their going to do. The idea is interesting and scary. BAH! I'm going to go out and get a bagel.
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-07-29 15:50 ]</font>

the closest i have to nugz's card is drognan's card, nugz's favored companion. i will keep trying to get nugz's card. but couldnt ST just ban him anyways? even without his card number?

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

On 2003-07-29 15:11, Aurra wrote:
    There is absolutely no way Baru is planning to FSODX the entire PSO population. I would seriously put money on that. Plus, do you guys even know what FSODX is? It's when you FSOD during a save. Unless they're planning on making everyone save and then FSODing them, they're not planning to FSODX everybody.
    Agreed, Barubary usually isnt one to corrupt/FSOD people. While he does create codes and sometimes releases them, i seriously doubt that hes co-planning on corrupting everyone.