The Black King of Death

Hi.
    I'm sure some people get tired of these kinds of questions, but it would really help me out. Basically I'm an old DC player that recently got the GC version. I'm in the process of moving, but in the next month I'm thinking of getting online with the game. What I'm interested in is hearing from anyone who actively plays or has played online with the "modem adapter" (not the bba). I already know about costs and everything, all I'm interested in is how well the game plays. I'd like to hear any pros and cons you can come up with from your time playing with the modem adapter, basically trying to decide if it's worth it or not and would like to avoid cable. Any comments would be helpful ( well not ANY, but you know what I mean.) Thanks.

i'm using th 56k dialup modem.
    i'm also a dc-veteran.

in c-mode i sometimes have minor lag but that is due to my provider, not due to technical issues.
    in normal game i have seldom d/c or connection-lag problems (i guess this depends on your provider as well).

the difference between bba and dial up:
    usually i dont notice anything and i also asked around. the only thing where you would notice it is when you enter a game (bb-users plop in and are there within 1 second, dial up-users need around 3-5 seconds) or load c-mode stages or quests. bb-users have to wait until you are ready loading it. its not much, 30 seconds to 1 minute at most.

so..

pro:
    -easy to set up and easy to move around (no network or extra dsl-modem or router, bla bla bla)
    -good and cheap if you only play online for some hours in the week (i play around 10-15 hours a week and pay around 20 euro + with 5 euro base per month, but this really depends on your provider)

con:
    -pay per minute (you'll have to find a good, cheap provider, and thats why i play only at nighttimes)
    -you busy the telephone-connection when everything is analog thus cant phone or use the internet with anything else.

The Black King of Death

Thanks, that was actually a big help. I'll have a pretty good isp with unlimited time and good connections, so I'm not too worried about that. I just wanted to avoid using cable or dsl cause it's expensive if you're also paying for a phone line, which I need as well. Well I'm pretty much decided and should be on in the next month or so. So what ship/section are you usually in? Maybe i'll look you up when I get there.

Peace