Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

may i am kinda crazy, once i really cried a lot because i discover i really have no life, I just played PSO day and night, even overnight, ignoring other activities, dont want to go out, even ppl visiting me is annoying.. and I just stay at home always just for 'a game'...I really think whats it for?? now I am still playing, a lot less, but still playing, but after this month I will totally quit it online.

I am no legit player, and i cant resist to have all wonferdul weapons and items, but that doesnt make me quitting PSO, i quit because I have my life back ( I will go to sch and work, super busy that can only let me to have free time on sundays but I would rather spend with my family), and also, most of my friends online there they quit already, actually iam so addicted to this game is that I enjoy going on adventure with my friends, going thro forest to ruins, ep 1 to 2, we play, we laugh, we share what we have found, and exp.. congrats each others when lvl up.. although you can say I will be able to have other friends online, but the meaning has changed.. I really miss the time before, and now I can only contact with them using MSN..

so these days I really have no courage to get online to play, as I have to join other games with ppl I dont know who they are..there are always some nice ppl thro..but it really changes already, at least to me..

About cheating problem..no need to mention it, as long as there is a game, there is a cheat.. it is like real world, there are different kinds of ppl, and there are different kinds of players too.

Ppl quit and pass the game to others..even the cheating knowledge too so some cheaters gone, some cheaters join... this will never end, unless really sega does something to stop it.. at that time, then there is really light at the end of the tunnel, especially to those legit players..as they wont be bothered by cheaters anymore..but who will care anymore ?? Ppl will just forget about this, and move to ep 3 , or other games..

I just hope, everyone has their own reasons to stay,to play or quit, just enjoy what you have chosen... it is right, or it is wrong, it is not up to us to judge...save some time..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuna on 2003-08-04 02:48 ]</font>

Like Brilly, I always saw PSO as merely a game to pass some time also, but like Zuna (good to see you back ) i also have made some really great friends online. I don't really play that much at all, except to test different things, but as far as actually adventuring with people, that is almost non-existant. But I see now the folly in my thinking. People will come and go but cheating will always exist, its been proven over and over.

I, for one, hope that legions of cheaters quit the game.

I started playing in January and then, duping existed, but it wasn't so easy, and there were much more legit players. That was when I enjoyed PSO the most, and I played offline with my friends all the time. Then as time when on, duping started taking over, but I still remained legit.

I still remember people used to laugh at me, cause I would be using a Guilty Light on Very Hard, or everyone I played with would be like, "Want a LV. 200 Mag, or want some free rares." I took the rares even though I knew I could never use them. Back then I had no idea how to raise a MAG, and I got corrupted so much I almost quit. Actually I did quit for the month of June after getting corrupted for the 5th time, and after sending SEGA a very furious e-mail, they allowed me to send my game back for a replacement. Which has worked uch better, but even though they claimed it would not FSOD at all, it still does, just not as much.

Anyway, basically I was a legit player till after I got my new game back from SEGA the shop dupe method was discovered, I had already been corrupted like a million times and it was even more degrading to have a 9 year old brother who had become so attached to PSO, I would come home and he would always be on it, more than me, for crying out loud. So after having a brother doing Ultimate (Samurai Jack), and me (Sandstorm GX2) still doing Hard, I figured why not dupe?

Anyway the point is, I'm about to quit this game as well, the duping and everything, and just when I thought it would stop, Multi Weapons started, now I can't even find trading games some days, cause everyon ehas everything, it's just sad. This game really could've had something going for it... I'm hoping SEGA will do a much better job on EP 3.

cheating does not ruin but changes the feel of the game, for example when pk mode is found trusting others is important

Top Dog

On 2003-08-03 18:24, VioletSkye wrote:
    Ok for those of you with short attention spans, you may want to skip this thread. its nothing important, groundbreaking or overly profound. It is merely a possible scenario that crossed my mind. After numerous "woe is me", "gc pso is dead" and "RIP pso" posts, people may not be seeing the silver lining behind this seemingly dark cloud. More to the point, the glitches may help save the hardcore PSO community.

I will spare you the rehash of my personal introduction to PSO and speak to the current state of online GC PSO. As it stands, the GC PSO is wraught with serious exploits that have changed the way many people play the game. They afford pretty much anyone the ability to breeze through the game with little or no challenge at all. It allows people to amass infinite numbers of items and build impressive item libraries. It allows people to experience all the levels and see all the enemies within a relatively short amount of time. In fact, with proper tweaking, a person can easily finish both episodes all the way through ULT in a day. With recoboxing, we see more high level players that didn't earn the huge majority of their exp. So far it sounds pretty grim huh?

However, what we may fail to realize is that once these players (I'm guilty of it also) finish hacking and slashing, duping and exploiting, they will most likely get real bored, real fast. As new games arrive (Soul Calibur 2, Mario kart Dash etc) they will have forgotten about this game. As the cheater masses drop off, what will be left is a smaller community of players who actually enjoy the game as "it was intended to be played." Those who breezed through the game may possible develop a "been there, seen that" attitude towards it.

I have never played the Dreamcast version, which I understand was pretty much ruined by cheats and cheat devices. I am aware of the NOLing and PKing that occurred on that platform, but I often wonder if it is still that way today. Obviously cheaters still exist and always will, but is it still as prevelent as it was? Has the atmosphere changed at all in regards to community as a whole. By that I mean, is it possible to find large groups of legit players who you can adventure with, without having to worry about all the other stuff that went on. It makes sense to me that those who cheated in the game got bored the quickest and moved on. However I could be completely off base, so if there are any DC players please let me know.

Anyway, like I said it had crossed my mind that all these cheats may save the PSO community in the end, because the cheaters will get bored faster and move on, leaving the "old school" players to enjoy the game.

BTW I do not profess to be a legit player. Although I do have 100% legit chars, the majority of my chars are tweaked and maxed. I truly never got into the "true spirit" of the game. I simply wanted to see everything as quickly as I could. Anyway, this threads not about me or my playing philosophy.
    *Cries....Claps Hands....Cries again.....Wipes a Tear*

the only way to stop this is to remake pso to a completly online game when thay do that as you noticed with evercrack and all the other mmorpgs thay have no cheating at all

and i ment to say EVERCRACK.